Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #31
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: FINALLY: The footage of Fury flooring Price in the ams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
I agree mate, sad really but

I feel a lot is made of him being his with right hands by smaller, stocky fighters in a time period where his head's not been right. Lot of issues mentally i feel he's also coming into a good period of his career. There seems to be developments technically and when he does concentrate i do feel he's a pretty good fighter technically for his age at HW.

I think he's got the ability to take Price into a fight, he's got the variation and willingness to mix and go at different ranges he's nice on the inside and works well at range. I fear for Price's chin more then Fury's and i think Fury's a more mobile fighter. And Price i think wouldn't like not being in the control of the fight. Fury fights at quite a high pace for a HW. Price likes to control and think, but if Fury lets his hands go, how will he far.

Just my thoughts but i haven't seen enough evidence of Price being able to deal with a dogfight in 5th and 6th round he's quite top heavy, will his shoulders sag? will he be as technically sound when he's tired?. He's looked great so far but i just get the feeling he's the sort of guy who may not be as good as Fury is at turning the fight around. When chips are down etc, so far been very one sided. When Price gets backed up, he squares up and backs up in a straight line. The questions over his chin as well are a worry, so for as much as people say about Fury's issues i don't see Price as imperious as others do.

Price has looked good, i understand arguments for him winning but i feel Tyson beats him. Just got that feeling Tyson hurts him, and has the ability to box and fight with him.
Fair enough, my feelings on it are above. I think really some of the arguments made for Fury are a bit hypothetical and based on assumptions on Price that no one knows for sure. Price hasn't had great opposition thus far but he hasn't shown too many weaknesses in them fights to judge him on whilst we have seen some of Fury's flaws, which have been shown up vs hardly the best opposition.

Either way I hope the fight happens soon.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #32
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Yep there's a lot of if's and buts in my post, that's due to Price not really being involved in a fight that asks questions. Sets his work up well, no doubts about that.

Fury's the more natural fighter, no slight on Price but Tyson's winning at a good level whilst still being raw. But he's got some skills, I really hope Audley asks at least some questions of Price. Staying in the fight till late on would be a start, but as you say would like to see the fight happen.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #33
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

That's the thing with Heavyweights though, being the natural fighter is not enough when you come up against a canny fighter whose physical attributes put you at a disadvantage.

Which we saw unfortunately to Haye's cost vs Wladimir.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #34
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
That's the thing with Heavyweights though, being the natural fighter is not enough when you come up against a canny fighter whose physical attributes put you at a disadvantage.

Which we saw unfortunately to Haye's cost vs Wladimir.
I think the physical match up and skill level isn't as superior in the case of Price and Fury. I understand what you mean, but i feel Fury's got natural instincts as a fighter. He does some really smart things in there at times, can remember him stepping round one side of Chisora then the other and dropping a lovely body shot.

With Haye and Wlad, the height, size and skill was a factor that played against David. Although i do feel David didn't perform as badly as many feel. He did have his moments, but talked far to much before and after and it's magnified it far more then it should of.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #35
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
What was the idea behind fighting southpaw vs Rogan?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8gLXIEG4KE&feature=plcp[/ame]

Fury's coach said the plan was to fight as a southpaw because when fighting in that stance, after throwing a jab Tyson natually moves away to his left, creating more distance & an angle where it is much harder for Rogan's right hands to land.

I hope it was a one-off because he looks much better orthodox
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #36
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I didn't mean to say it would be similar to Haye-Wlad, you're right when you say they are completely different fights. But the principle remains the same; that if Fury wants to get inside and make Price fight or go to tge body as he does well, I think he'd find it very difficult with tge accuracy of Price's jabbing.

Haye by no means got taken apart (I didn't think Wladimir even performed that well) but looking to stay outside was suicide. He was just never going to win by pot shotting. Against this version of Vitali on the otherhand, some tactics like that might be quite useful.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #37
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Oh right , I agree, I fancy Haye to beat Vitali. And i do feel Tyson would need to fight his best ever fight to beat Price. I don't feel Price will just collapse to canvas like some do.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #38
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Fury's coach said the plan was to fight as a southpaw because when fighting in that stance, after throwing a jab Tyson natually moves away to his left, creating more distance & an angle where it is much harder for Rogan's right hands to land.

I hope it was a one-off because he looks much better orthodox
Yeah for all the thinking behind it, it just made the fight more awkward than necessary for him. Especially as Rogan posed minimal threat to him. It might be a good wake up call for him though because if he tries to adapt his style so drastically against any live opponent and ends up just confusing himself, it will cause him a lot more harm than good.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #39
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
That's defo them, It's a clump to side of head and knocks him off balance. Good timing, if it landed on chin probs would of done far more damage.

Fury beats Price IMO, Would like to see the whole fight there mind you. Either way Tyson did well for a 17 year old.
You also said Mitchell would beat Burns mate
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #40
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
You also said Mitchell would beat Burns mate
We all get them wrong . But Fury beats Price .
Old 10-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #41
madg321
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 642

Fury exposes prices glass jaw
madg321 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #42
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Price hasn't been in with anyone of the size or quality of Fury as a pro yet. I can't see anything but a close fight. There are so many unanswered questions about Price though. How does he take a shot now? How does he fight someone of the same size and similar quality? Has he got a plan B? How is his stamina after 6 rounds? How strong is he mentally when he's in a 50/50 fight?

Fury has answered most of these questions and looks good answering them too. How anyone can really laud Price without seeing how he holds a shot is being a little premature IMO.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #43
D_Andrade
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Audleys gonna embarass this fool
D_Andrade is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 06:42 AM   #44
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Andrade View Post
Audleys gonna embarass this fool
I hope Audley atleast gives it a good go,wishful thinking but I personally think he could cause Price allsorts of problems if he went out there in fight mode......probably won't happen though for **** sake!
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #45
Abertawe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1264

Fury would smash Price, that chin couldn't sustain the power of a heavy shot thrown by someone as huge as Fury.
Abertawe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum