Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: If you were Joe Calzaghe will you come out of retirement to fight Ward
Yes 78 19.40%
no 324 80.60%
Voters: 402. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #196
GrizzyBeard
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
14 years ago, friends house, France 3-0 Brazil, Zidane 2 headers, Petit left foot finish at the death.
14 years ago!

**** that makes me feel old. I was on holiday in France at the time.
GrizzyBeard is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #197
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

I think he should, but he wont. Ward isnt enough of a big name even in his own country to make it a massive fight.
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #198
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Current Calzaghe has zero chance of beating Ward. ZERO.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #199
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
I have no recall what happened 15 years ago. I watched France win the world cup back then, but i cant even remember where i was or who they beat unless i look it up.
What? You have no idea about the subjects being discussed, yet continue to type complete nonsense and humiliate yourself? Strange but at least you admit it, unlike the other esb minions.
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #200
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 313

Look at the thread title , what has that got to do with 15 years ago?
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #201
ELECTRIC GURU
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

In response to the OP, then yes, if i was Calzaghe I would comeback and fight Ward but only after a pro-longed period of training similar to what Leonard did before Hagler.

I think Calzaghe probably senses some similarities between Ward and Jeff Lacy, a fighter being hyped and hyped with little substance behind it. If Calzaghe studies the tapes he will see what Boone and Bika did to Ward. A fighter who thrives in adversity like Calzaghe with his ability to adapt and work opponents out will still fancy his chances even after 4 years of inactivity.

Those 4 years of inactivity will benefit Calzaghe in 2 areas

1 - it will have allowed for Calzaghe's hands to have healed and be in the best shape they've been in since he was fingering filthy sluts behind Enzo's back garden shed as a 16 year old

2 - Calzaghe's motivation and hunger in the game was really low before he retired. Time off will have allowed his appetite for Boxing to flourish again and having spent the last 4 years snorting coke and pounding hookers, his bank balance will be in need of another substantial boost to secure him living like a king for the rest of his life. The motivation will be back.

Calzaghe has already stated that if a promoter puts £10m on the table then he will come back. If Ward wants to seriously prove himself, then he needs to get his ass out of Oakland and go fight the greatest supermiddleweight of all time in the millenium stadium in cardiff, where it will be a guaranteed 50,000 sell out. The tv companies would be up for it and the gate-receipts would also be enough to ensure both fighters receive £10m each.

The fight makes sense for Calzaghe because he has nothing to lose at all. Everyone knows that he retired unbeaten the 1st time and nobody seriously expects him to comeback and beat a fighter that is being hyped so bad.

On the otherhand, the rewards are huge for Calzaghe, the chance to comeback and underline his status as one of the greatest p4p fighters of all time. One win shuts all the doubters up and the great thing for Calzaghe is that he would still make easy meat of Ward even now - I'm not saying he would 'Lacy' Ward but I'm talking about a 9-3 / 8-4 type of unanimous decision. The only thing I would worry about on Calzaghe's behalf is whether the usual fickle haters in boxing would start underating the victory and label Ward a hypejob in a similar way to they did Lacy.

If Andre Ward is serious about a fight with Calzaghe, he just needs to do 3 things

1 - Put £10m on the table for calzaghe
2 - Come out of Oakland, sort a passport and travel to Cardiff
3 - Find himself a good excuse for when he gets the shit kicked out of him.
ELECTRIC GURU is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #202
Sir Koolkid
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Calzaghe hasn't got that special stuff inside of him to come out of retirement and beat ward. He's not foreman.
Sir Koolkid is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #203
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

It would be impossible for him to fight at SMW aswel. If he did Ward would beat him around like a ragdoll. Thats not being insulting to Joe, its just the reality of the situation.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #204
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Look at the thread title , what has that got to do with 15 years ago?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 10-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #205
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Popkins used ridicule you to pieces. You obviously learned nothing since then. Your only purpose here to to get stuck into people, keyboard thug. Your parents failed you.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #206
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Popkins used ridicule you to pieces. You obviously learned nothing since then. Your only purpose here to to get stuck into people, keyboard thug. Your parents failed you.
popkins???

I think you're getting posters mixed up you thick cunt. Learned? What haven't I learned?

I've been exposing and ridiculing fragile little popkins and his bunch of alts since his pitiful comeback after he was first humiliated and run off the forum in tears. You are another complete spastic and an incredibly shit poster, so wash the sand out of your mangina, and get your facts right before you try replying to me. Ok? Good.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #207
Slacker
Big & Slow
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Why come out of retirement and pick up a loss?

Unless he needs the money..then the big money is a fight with Froch in the UK, not Ward.

If he wanted to come back and face Froch, I'd say he has a 50/50 chance of a win.

Facing Ward he's ****ed. 0% chance of a win.
Slacker is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #208
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
popkins???

I think you're getting posters mixed up you thick cunt. Learned? What haven't I learned?

I've been exposing and ridiculing fragile little popkins and his bunch of alts since his pitiful comeback after he was first humiliated and run off the forum in tears. You are another complete spastic and an incredibly shit poster, so wash the sand out of your mangina, and get your facts right before you try replying to me. Ok? Good.
This is the first time you sent me a post and it was an attack. You were born a prick , its clear in all your posts. You have to live with it not me. You have my pitty and my ignorance. Piss off and annoy somebody else.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #209
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
This is the first time you sent me a post and it was an attack. You were born a prick , its clear in all your posts. You have to live with it not me. You have my pitty and my ignorance. Piss off and annoy somebody else.
Firstly, I accept your apology for your mix up.

Secondly, I'll "piss off and annoy someone else" when the standard of your posts improve to an acceptable level in this forum.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #210
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Quote:
popkins???

dinovelvet a.k.a popkins is getting exposed and humiliated yet again by Team Elite's Joe.Boxer
knockout artist is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum