Old 10-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
team prettyboy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Sherrington

Sherrington inks with Smith

By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing
WBF world middleweight champion Les “Lock N Load” Sherrington committed to his long-term future this week in a training and management deal with Brendon Smith. The 30-year-old described his decision to remain based at Smithy’s Gym as a “no brainer” after linking successfully with Smith earlier this year. Sherrington is undefeated in two fights since joining Smith. He opened his account with a 12-round victory during March to claim the WBF Super middleweight title. Sherrington then dropped down a weight division to score a career-defining victory in July over Mexican legend “Yori Boy” Campas to claim the vacant WBF world middleweight and IBF Pan-Pacific titles.
“Committing myself to Brendon for another three years was an easy decision,” Sherrington said. “It’s very tough leaving my family which includes my new six-week-old daughter Scarlett every Monday to come to Toowoomba to train. But I have a destination in mind for myself at the top of world boxing and Brendon is the man to help me get there. I would have been happy signing a 10-year deal to stay with him. If I’m not with Brendon, I’m not in boxing. It’s a no-brainer really.”
Sherrington will have his next fight in Townsville on November 30 before Smith plots an international path for his charge.
“Les and I have worked together for his last two fights and we’ve formed a really strong bond,” Smith said.”I’m very excited about his future and the chance to work with him for the next three years is tremendous. Les’s win over Yuri Boy is a great achievement to have on his record. He definitely has exciting times coming up and I’m sure we’ll eventually see Les make his way to Los Angeles.”
Brendon Smith previously guided the career of former world champion Michael Katsidis.
team prettyboy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sherrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by team prettyboy View Post
Sherrington inks with Smith

By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing
WBF world middleweight champion Les “Lock N Load” Sherrington committed to his long-term future this week in a training and management deal with Brendon Smith. The 30-year-old described his decision to remain based at Smithy’s Gym as a “no brainer” after linking successfully with Smith earlier this year. Sherrington is undefeated in two fights since joining Smith. He opened his account with a 12-round victory during March to claim the WBF Super middleweight title. Sherrington then dropped down a weight division to score a career-defining victory in July over Mexican legend “Yori Boy” Campas to claim the vacant WBF world middleweight and IBF Pan-Pacific titles.
“Committing myself to Brendon for another three years was an easy decision,” Sherrington said. “It’s very tough leaving my family which includes my new six-week-old daughter Scarlett every Monday to come to Toowoomba to train. But I have a destination in mind for myself at the top of world boxing and Brendon is the man to help me get there. I would have been happy signing a 10-year deal to stay with him. If I’m not with Brendon, I’m not in boxing. It’s a no-brainer really.”
Sherrington will have his next fight in Townsville on November 30 before Smith plots an international path for his charge.
“Les and I have worked together for his last two fights and we’ve formed a really strong bond,” Smith said.”I’m very excited about his future and the chance to work with him for the next three years is tremendous. Les’s win over Yuri Boy is a great achievement to have on his record. He definitely has exciting times coming up and I’m sure we’ll eventually see Les make his way to Los Angeles.”
Brendon Smith previously guided the career of former world champion Michael Katsidis.
Les is ok but nothing to brag about
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I honestly don't know what to make of Les. Or how far he can go.

I do believe his chin is questionable. And another crazy theory that contradicts the chin comment is that I believe he is more suited to Light Heavyweight, thats two divisions above where he is now.

One thing that is for damn sure, signing with Smith is the best thing he has ever done. He is with Promoter Joe Penissi now so I am fairly confident he will be getting good chances and match ups made for him down the track.
CapsLock is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Who is he fighting next??
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

will be announced in a day or two
CapsLock is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

He can make some minor paydays on the international front fighting up and coming guys on FNF..... That's about it
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
He can make some minor paydays on the international front fighting up and coming guys on FNF..... That's about it
i know for a fact there are bigger plans than that for him
CapsLock is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I always thought Brendan Smiths corner work with Katsidis in his big fights was very questionable, Hope he does a better job with Les.
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
swilson120
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I agree
swilson120 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I heard on twitter he was fighting Omar Shaick next??
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #11
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteProwler View Post
I heard on twitter he was fighting Omar Shaick next??
whose twitter? its not on les's
CapsLock is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsLock View Post
i know for a fact there are bigger plans than that for him
Plans are one thing. Keep him away from punchers!
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #13
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Plans are one thing. Keep him away from punchers!
Don't rate him mate?
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #14
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Don't rate him mate?
No mate tried to get a fight with him when Myer had him. It was a no go. Look he is very fit and athletic but very very technically floored. Good luck to him.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #15
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
No mate tried to get a fight with him when Myer had him. It was a no go. Look he is very fit and athletic but very very technically floored. Good luck to him.
Interesting.... I havent seen a great deal of his fights but from what I have seen i tend to agree with you.
whipsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum