Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: If you were Joe Calzaghe will you come out of retirement to fight Ward
Yes 78 19.40%
no 324 80.60%
Voters: 402. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #211
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 355
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run It View Post
who should he fight, genius?

he's practically cleaned out the division. every fighter with a title(Froch and Abraham) he has already beaten. being undisputed isn't enough for slappy Joe?
Wards clearing out the division was just beating Kessler a Calzaghe leftover.
The division is that weak now and Ward didnt have to fight undefeated champs like Calzaghe did to clear up.
He could fight some top undefeated champs like Cleverly, Erdei or even take some gambles and leave Oakland.
All Ward is doing if fighting Calzaghes leftovers and leftovers of
bailey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #212
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Wards clearing out the division was just beating Kessler a Calzaghe leftover.
The division is that weak now and Ward didnt have to fight undefeated champs like Calzaghe did to clear up.
He could fight some top undefeated champs like Cleverly, Erdei or even take some gambles and leave Oakland.
All Ward is doing if fighting Calzaghes leftovers and leftovers of
The broken record spins on. When will you let it go? You could provide decent debates on other topics, but you're wasting yourself on Joe.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #213
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
he was never going to give the answer anyway. he's a straight up liar if he says he watched the eubank vs calzaghe fight but didn't know who the top of the bill was. he never watched anything. he's a YT guy.

yeah, it was called the full monty because of the huge success the film had. FW did the full monty 2 with calzaghe vs woodhall as top of the bill. the undercard was that tragic fight with ingle vs botile (think that's how you spell his name)

knew something was wrong with ingle about a minute into the first round. i was shouting at the telly for them to stop the fight. let him fight another day. but no, they let it go on. it was like watching the slowest murder take place. absolutely horrible.
You are correct. I remember that bill also and what it was billed as.
I recall the Ingle fight. I seem to remember he was staggered by a hook in the first round and just didnt seem the same and Ingle always had a good chin.
Funny how Dinovelvet cant remember any of these things.
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #214
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post

dinovelvet a.k.a popkins is getting exposed and humiliated yet again by Team Elite's Joe.Boxer
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #215
Skittlez
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
The broken record spins on. When will you let it go? You could provide decent debates on other topics, but you're wasting yourself on Joe.
Shut your little pink mouth, DinoFagvet
Skittlez is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #216
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 496

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post

dinovelvet a.k.a popkins is getting exposed and humiliated yet again by Team Elite's Joe.Boxer
I think it may be high time I post Popkins' pics and run him off the forum, much like that other keyboard hardman and internet troll Tottenham19
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #217
Skittlez
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by general zod View Post
You really need to check your facts
Tell me how Jones managed to avoid 99% of the top competition?
Skittlez is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #218
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict

vCash: 1400

No, I wouldn't come out of retirement and take an asswhippin' after spending my entire career carefully protecting my "0". I also wouldn't expose my jealousy and butthurt by running my mouth to the media about how I would've beaten Ward, etc. after it became abundantly clear that he would soon surpass everything I had done in my career at SMW, but that's Calslappy... Duckin' and dodgin', hatin' ass, butthurt, annoying cokehead bitch.
Cormega is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #219
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
Tell me how Jones managed to avoid 99% of the top competition?
Why on earth should I?

Barkley?
Toney moved up to smw to fight him and Jones would win Toney's vacant mw belt. Barkley was shot after Toney. So why are you accusing Jones of avoiding a shot fighter?

Collins?
Jones did mess him around at smw, but not because he was scared of him. Style wise he is taylor made for a counter puncher, hence his losses to Johnson, Kalambay and McCallum. At lhw Collins wanted to fight him around 99, but Jones decided to fight a better fighter in Johnson. Who had proved he was better than Collins by beating him at mw and was an active fighter while Collins was coming out of a 2 year retirement.

Dibella(head of hbo) said he would not allow a Collins fight anyway because there was no demand for a Jones-Collins fight. He said if Collins fought Calzaghe on a Jones undercard then the winner could fight Jones. Collins would retire after collapsing in training and Calzaghe said himself he wanted nothing to do with Jones. So how is it ducking when you go on to face a better fighter?

Eubank?
Eubank in his own autobiography said he would only fight guys like Toney and Jones if they became his mandatories. I know Eubank SAID he made offers to Jones, but you show me one article from TEAM Jones/HBO confirming any of those offers.

If you look at Eubanks career you will notice he missed every top fighter:
mw: R.Johnson, Toney, Nunn, Graham, Kalambay, McCallum, McClellan, Jackson
smw: Toney, Liles, Nunn, Jones

Eubank moved up when Gerald was due a title shot for his wbo mw belt.A coincidence? I think not

Littles?:
Show me the offers. Or are you just blaming Jones for every fight that never happened at mw-smw
general zod is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #220
Skittlez
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Why on earth should I?

Barkley?
Toney moved up to smw to fight him and Jones would win Toney's vacant mw belt. Barkley was shot after Toney. So why are you accusing Jones of avoiding a shot fighter?

Collins?
Jones did mess him around at smw, but not because he was scared of him. Style wise he is taylor made for a counter puncher, hence his losses to Johnson, Kalambay and McCallum. At lhw Collins wanted to fight him around 99, but Jones decided to fight a better fighter in Johnson. Who had proved he was better than Collins by beating him at mw and was an active fighter while Collins was coming out of a 2 year retirement.

Dibella(head of hbo) said he would not allow a Collins fight anyway because there was no demand for a Jones-Collins fight. He said if Collins fought Calzaghe on a Jones undercard then the winner could fight Jones. Collins would retire after collapsing in training and Calzaghe said himself he wanted nothing to do with Jones. So how is it ducking when you go on to face a better fighter?

Eubank?
Eubank in his own autobiography said he would only fight guys like Toney and Jones if they became his mandatories. I know Eubank SAID he made offers to Jones, but you show me one article from TEAM Jones/HBO confirming any of those offers.

mw: R.Johnson, Toney, Nunn, Graham, Kalambay, McCallum, McClellan, Jackson
smw: Toney, Liles, Nunn, Jones

Eubank moved up when Gerald was due a title shot for his wbo mw belt.A coincidence? I think not

Littles?:
Show me the offers. Or are you just blaming Jones for every fight that never happened at mw-smw
So what you are really trying to say is

"Roy didn't avoid anyone, IT WAS EVERYONE AVOIDING ROY" Right?

I mean that's what you really want to say.
Skittlez is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #221
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 744

Quote:
Michael Watson, Thulani Malinga, Nigel Benn, Lindell Holmes, Graciano Rocchigianni, Steve Collins, Joe Calzaghe and Carl Thompson.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 AM   #222
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
Michael Watson, Thulani Malinga, Nigel Benn, Lindell Holmes, Graciano Rocchigianni, Steve Collins, Joe Calzaghe and Carl Thompson.
The best guys around were
mw: Jackson, McClellan, kalamby, Graham, Nunn, Toney, McCallum
smw: Liles, Jones, Toney, Nunn, Littles
Old 10-11-2012, 03:47 AM   #223
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
So what you are really trying to say is

"Roy didn't avoid anyone, IT WAS EVERYONE AVOIDING ROY" Right?

I mean that's what you really want to say.
I never said that. I'm pointing out the fact that you really don't know what you are talking about. Barkley?
Old 10-11-2012, 04:16 AM   #224
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 744

Quote:
The best guys around were
mw: Jackson, McClellan, kalamby, Graham, Nunn, Toney, McCallum
smw: Liles, Jones, Toney, Nunn, Littles
But those guys I mentioned were world class, and you said Eubank avoided all world class fighters, all top guys. That was a lie. The fact that you omitted from you list of top fighters Benn - who beat Prime-McClellan - but added Graham who's only big name vitory was over Lindell Holmes before Holmes reached the World level and Littles who's only note-worthy win was a one-off against Liles (who he'd never beat in the amatuers and who would beat him in the pros in the rematch) makes some of your list kind of suspect.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 05:27 AM   #225
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
But those guys I mentioned were world class, and you said Eubank avoided all world class fighters, all top guys. That was a lie. The fact that you omitted from you list of top fighters Benn - who beat Prime-McClellan - but added Graham who's only big name vitory was over Lindell Holmes before Holmes reached the World level and Littles who's only note-worthy win was a one-off against Liles (who he'd never beat in the amatuers and who would beat him in the pros in the rematch) makes some of your list kind of suspect.
General Zod chops and changes his posts to suit. He makes his own rating system and thinks its gospel, like Loudon does and then they cheer each other on.
I could show you posts where Zod has said one thing on one post and then changed it the same week to suit another debate.
You stop taking him seriously very quickly, though he does sometimes provide some good links
bailey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum