Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who Accepted Defeat Like A Man - Pacquiao or Marquez?
Manny Pacquiao. 70 67.31%
Juan Manuel Marquez. 34 32.69%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #91
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Who Accepted Defeat Like A Man - Juan Manuel Marquez or Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run It View Post
no. Pacquiao CLEARLY lost this fight. seriously. i'll give him the benefit of the doubt with the first 2 encounters and say they were actually close fights, but the 3rd fight was almost a shut out. end of story.
Nah.....you're trippin' not even JMM thought he won every round in the 3rd fight....he said it was close but thought he won. I think JMM won the last one by 2 rounds myself, but that's not considered a "robbery".....its an unpopular decison. You're silly to claim it was a "shut out". I can't even take you seriously talking complete nonsense like that.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #92
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Who Accepted Defeat Like A Man - Juan Manuel Marquez or Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWiseJester View Post
Unfinished business? Manny knows he can get another gift decision,how is that unfinished business when he was already beat last time by Juan?

Great excuses though I have to admit,always a million and one reasons to not fight a guy.
You are not making any sense.

Answer this question.

Who will give Pacquiao a tougher fight?

Bradley?

Marquez?
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #93
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Nah.....you're trippin' not even JMM thought he won every round in the 3rd fight....he said it was close but thought he won. I think JMM won the last one by 2 rounds myself, but that's not considered a "robbery".....its an unpopular decison. You're silly to claim it was a "shut out". I can't even take you seriously talking complete nonsense like that.

Quote:
Sorry Juan, it's just business

-Bob Arum
equals ROBBERY.

That statement shows the winner was chosen before the men entered the ring.

Robbery it was.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #94
reed_man02
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1391

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
What doesn't matter?

Pacquiao never argued the decision? What fight are you referring too?

Only around 40% had the fight for Marquez.

Whilst < 98% had Pacquiao beating Bradley.

Pacquiao dealt with both in the same manner.
How could pac argue his loss against Morales, it was clear. More people had Marquez winning than 40%, where did you get 40%.

98% didn't have Bradley losing. The list Florez posted doesn't have the American media who voted for Bradely, just American media who voted for Pac.
reed_man02 is online now  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #95
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
So.....

Pac chooses to fight JMM, a guy most people believe beat him, instead of the guy most people felt he handled rather easily. (His three fights with JMM were much tougher tasks then his fight with Bradley, where it seemed Pac never bothered coming out of first gear in and still should have won)

And that is somehow being used as a bad thing?

The mind boggles.

Only a fool will think Bradley is a tougher fight for Pacquiao than Marquez.

I think Pacquiao actually got bored against Bradley.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #96
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:
When you have recycled fights,and with him losing the last 2 against Juan,yes it is..
You are looking at this in such a bizarre manner that its baffling.

Choosing to fight a guy whos given you some of the toughest fights of your career, over a guy you know you can beat, should be commended.

Pac vs JMM 4 is a toss up fight.

Pac vs Bradley 2, Pac would be the solid favorite, regardless of the robbery.

anyways, youre going to think what you want..... truth is Pac chose a harder road.
kirk is online now  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #97
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Their third fight was not close. And yes I believe fully that Pac participated in the fixing of that fight. He hardly even made any excuses, **** he made more excuses in the 3rd Marquez bout, a bout he "won" than he did for the Bradley fight.

Tells you all you need to know.
Ok....let's say he knew....why win the fight in the ring if he knew a loss was inevitable? Sorry...but there's absolutely no logic at all in that situation.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #98
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
You are not making any sense.

Answer this question.

Who will give Pacquiao a tougher fight?

Bradley?

Marquez?
What doesn't make sense that he got at least one gift decision,and he knows he will always get one?
ThaWiseJester is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #99
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
All depends on how you think a man should act in that situation

Walking of in a strop is not that manly and unprofessional, though he did do a naked interview with Max wearing only a sombrero back in the dressing room.
Fine, thats your opinion.

I dont lose with a smile, and I dont expect a world champion too, especially if its highly controversial.

I dont see 'being a man' has anything to do with it. I dont see anything manly about greeting a robbery with a smile and a handshake, swallowing it and moving on.

If someone takes that road, fine.... good for them. But if a fighter meets getting a victory they feel was stolen from them with hostility, then by all means I dont hold that against them. And certainly nothing 'manly' about getting robbed and smiling about it. Theres many other terms that could be used.... more civilised? sure. More manly? hardly.

To each their own.
kirk is online now  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #100
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed_man02 View Post
How could pac argue his loss against Morales, it was clear. More people had Marquez winning than 40%, where did you get 40%.

98% didn't have Bradley losing. The list Florez posted doesn't have the American media who voted for Bradely, just American media who voted for Pac.
It was by two rounds. But that is not the fight in question. The Bradley fight is the one on trial and anyone with any sense, knows Pacquiao got robbed.

And that list didn't have Filipino media that voter for Pacquiao either, taking out nationalistic goggles out of the question for both parties.

Check Florez link for the Marquez vs Pacquiao fight too.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #101
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

Manny is notorious for being a bitch after a loss or bad performance.

When Pac lost to a shot Morales, Pacquiao claimed he lost because of the Gloves, excuse #1 for that fight. Then Pac claimed it was the blood samples that made him too weak to beat Morales, excuse #2.

When Pac KD Marquez three times in rd 1, only to get dominated the rest of the fight, Pac blamed it on the socks he wore for the fight. He said they caused him to have little blisters, EXCUSE.

When Pacquiao lost to Marquez again in the third fight, Pac blamed his terrible performance on leg cramps.

When Pac looked like shit against recent opposition that he should have EASILY destroyed, he blamed it on leg cramps again.

When Bradley got the W over Pac, Pac Shut The **** Up as soon as Arum checked him.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #102
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
What doesn't make sense that he got at least one gift decision,and he knows he will always get one?
Its an easy question to answer. Its obvious youre being bias.
kirk is online now  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #103
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You are looking at this in such a bizarre manner that its baffling.

Choosing to fight a guy whos given you some of the toughest fights of your career, over a guy you know you can beat, should be commended.

Pac vs JMM 4 is a toss up fight.

Pac vs Bradley 2, Pac would be the solid favorite, regardless of the robbery.

anyways, youre going to think what you want..... truth is Pac chose a harder road.

No getting your belt back and redeeming yourself should be commended not trying to get catch weights "Cotto" and avoiding the top fighter.... What does this fight do for him if he wins,it does nothing..

A win vs Bradley gets his belt back and erases the robbery,but Pac fans will not support Pac if he fights him,which is the sad part..
Old 10-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #104
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Its an easy question to answer. Its obvious youre being bias.
Bradley is the tougher fight in a rematch than Juan would be.....Juan has proven he could beat Pac,what does Pac have to prove?

Then again we always make excuses for guys not to fight,it has become part of boxing sadly..People care more about PPV sales,than they do legacy..
Old 10-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #105
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

The majority of world thought Pacquiao beat Bradley.
The majority of world thought Jmm beat Pacquiao.
Big difference.
elchivito is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum