Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who Accepted Defeat Like A Man - Pacquiao or Marquez?
Manny Pacquiao. 70 67.31%
Juan Manuel Marquez. 34 32.69%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #106
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001
Default Re: Who Accepted Defeat Like A Man - Juan Manuel Marquez or Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
The mind boggles.

Only a fool will think Bradley is a tougher fight for Pacquiao than Marquez.

I think Pacquiao actually got bored against Bradley.
I almost think he did too.

To be honest I almost blame pac for that L, because even though he should have won, its like the entire fight he was just content to go through the motions....

You had one guy (bradley) that was there to try and fight the fight of his life, to box flawlessly, and Pac was just there going through the motions, content to stay in first gear practically the entire fight.....

At the time I didnt think much of it because I thought he was cruising to a W, and im sure he did too, but it would have been nice if Pac would have stepped on the pedal a little bit more throughout the fight.
kirk is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #107
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Default Re: Who Accepted Defeat Like A Man - Juan Manuel Marquez or Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWiseJester View Post
Bradley is the tougher fight in a rematch than Juan would be.....Juan has proven he could beat Pac,what does Pac have to prove?..

Juan has proven he can beat Pac, and so Bradley will be a tougher fight? lol.... ok.

We will just agree to disagree and be done with it. Not trying to be rude but nothing youre saying is making any sense to me at all, and probably vice versa.

We will see how Pac deals with Bradley when they do rematch, and I hope youre still on ESB when they do. That will show you how much easier an opponent Bradley is then JMM.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #108
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Fine, thats your opinion.

I dont lose with a smile, and I dont expect a world champion too, especially if its highly controversial.

I dont see 'being a man' has anything to do with it. I dont see anything manly about greeting a robbery with a smile and a handshake, swallowing it and moving on.

If someone takes that road, fine.... good for them. But if a fighter meets getting a victory they feel was stolen from them with hostility, then by all means I dont hold that against them. And certainly nothing 'manly' about getting robbed and smiling about it. Theres many other terms that could be used.... more civilised? sure. More manly? hardly.

To each their own.
Yeah, I get angry too, but to be like Pacquiao when it doesn't matter, and all that matters is that you know the truth, show much more control and less emotional.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #109
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

If Pacman really did conceed defeat and take the loss like a man he'd admit he lost to Jmm. Thrice.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #110
reed_man02
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1391

Quote:
It was by two rounds. But that is not the fight in question. The Bradley fight is the one on trial and anyone with any sense, knows Pacquiao got robbed.

And that list didn't have Filipino media that voter for Pacquiao either, taking out nationalistic goggles out of the question for both parties.

Check Florez link for the Marquez vs Pacquiao fight too.
Why are we assuming Filipino and American media are biased just because they happen to think a fighter that has the same nationality as them is automatically biased? We judge a person's credibility based on their credentials and not assume.

Yea I thought pac won too, have always said he did.

I brought up the Morales fight because he made excuses for a fight he lost. He didn't dispute the decision because he clearly lost.

Marquez has a right to dispute the third fight. The majority of the boxing public thought he won. I thought he won. I'm sure he definitely thought he won. He also thought he won the first two fights. In his mind and many others, he thought he got robbed for the third time.
reed_man02 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #111
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
No getting your belt back and redeeming yourself should be commended not trying to get catch weights "Cotto" and avoiding the top fighter.... What does this fight do for him if he wins,it does nothing..

A win vs Bradley gets his belt back and erases the robbery,but Pac fans will not support Pac if he fights him,which is the sad part..
At this stage.......belts won't "make the man".....at least in Pacs case. He's held a lot of hardware throughout his career. If Pac decided to give TIM another payday a lot of fans would support it.....but it was so one sided and TIM didn't really try to win, that no one really wants to see it again. It makes more sense to go for JMM who has his own fan base and who offers a real challenge. JMM is Smart Business....high risk, but smart ...TIM would be dumb business with little to no risk at all. I'd rather see Floyd and Pac mix it up or Cotto and Pac rematch....but this will do.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #112
reed_man02
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I get angry too, but to be like Pacquiao when it doesn't matter, and all that matters is that you know the truth, show much more control and less emotional.
If it happened three time like Marquez feels happened to him, I'm sure he would get fed up.

At least Marquez also knows the truth, and ins't afraid to let yall know!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #113
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

We have gotten off topic,but the answer is clearly Juan for the simple fact he avenged his robbery.. The excuse of "I already beat him" and PPV sales did not apply then..

In this era of politics and making excuses,these become valid..
ThaWiseJester is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #114
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
I almost think he did too.

To be honest I almost blame pac for that L, because even though he should have won, its like the entire fight he was just content to go through the motions....

You had one guy (bradley) that was there to try and fight the fight of his life, to box flawlessly, and Pac was just there going through the motions, content to stay in first gear practically the entire fight.....

At the time I didnt think much of it because I thought he was cruising to a W, and im sure he did too, but it would have been nice if Pac would have stepped on the pedal a little bit more throughout the fight.
Pac likes a fight and Bradley really didn't give him one.
But Pacquiao should have been more professional and gone for the kill. Roach should have been on his case even though he was in control of the fight.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #115
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
We have gotten off topic,but the answer is clearly Juan for the simple fact he avenged his robbery.. The excuse of "I already beat him" and PPV sales did not apply then..

In this era of politics and making excuses,these become valid..
That is not the topic
Old 10-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #116
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed_man02 View Post
If it happened three time like Marquez feels happened to him, I'm sure he would get fed up.

At least Marquez also knows the truth, and ins't afraid to let yall know!
Pacquiao has let it be known, that he beat Bradley, but to let you emotions get the better of you is not the manly thing
Old 10-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #117
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
No getting your belt back and redeeming yourself should be commended not trying to get catch weights "Cotto" and avoiding the top fighter.... What does this fight do for him if he wins,it does nothing..

A win vs Bradley gets his belt back and erases the robbery,but Pac fans will not support Pac if he fights him,which is the sad part..
If he beats JMM with conviction (no controversy), then he will have defeated his greatest rival, and finally settled the Pac vs JMM discussion.

He has plenty of fights to get at Bradley. And beating Bradley is a pure paper win, meaning it 'erases' the robbery (only on paper, because most know Pac won anyways), and it gets his 'belt' back (worthless).

Beating bradley convincingly is something many feel he already did, and at worst something hes very capable of doing should he up his game for a rematch. Beating JMM convincingly is something hes never been close to doing, and that hes attempting it again instead of taking the easy money against Bradley (which will still be there for him after the JMM fight anyways, you act like he will never fight bradley again lol)

Theres just no other way to logically slice this other then

Pac vs JMM > Pac vs Bradley.

But im done with the subject, think what you want. You will see once Pac rematches Bradley and deals with him that it was an easier fight to take then JMM.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #118
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Pac likes a fight and Bradley really didn't give him one.
But Pacquiao should have been more professional and gone for the kill. Roach should have been on his case even though he was in control of the fight.

He ran out of gas,that is why,even the bias HBO cast said how he would only fight the last minute of the round with flurries.. Bradley was out boxing him,but these days out boxing,jab,body work,feinting is considered running..
ThaWiseJester is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #119
reed_man02
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Pacquiao has let it be known, that he beat Bradley, but to let you emotions get the better of you is not the manly thing
It's not the same situation because Pacquiao hasn't been robbed three times by Bradley.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #120
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed_man02 View Post
Why are we assuming Filipino and American media are biased just because they happen to think a fighter that has the same nationality as them is automatically biased? We judge a person's credibility based on their credentials and not assume.

Yea I thought pac won too, have always said he did.

I brought up the Morales fight because he made excuses for a fight he lost. He didn't dispute the decision because he clearly lost.

Marquez has a right to dispute the third fight. The majority of the boxing public thought he won. I thought he won. I'm sure he definitely thought he won. He also thought he won the first two fights. In his mind and many others, he thought he got robbed for the third time.

Every nations media is nationalistic to a degree.

Let not forget Floyd's words, support me because I'm an American.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Taking out media outlets from the fighters countries is a good thing to do.

You may get some fair judging but you would also get get a lot of bias judging.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum