Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #61
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918
Default Re: Examples of boxers who disgraced they're fans and looked for a way out during fig

The Zab Clotty fight Zab quit with that can't see bs when he thought he would be ahead on the cards.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #62
ELECTRIC GURU
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Examples of boxers who disgraced they're fans and looked for a way out during fig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellonblackdays View Post
Hey guys - look its me [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Have a great night pal, I'll leave you with one last hillarious look at you're 1st post in this thread which resulted in you leaving egg all over you're face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellonblackdays View Post
Does OP even know how to English? Victoria Ortiz a few times.

So long fanboy
ELECTRIC GURU is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #63
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think sore losers are the worst like Hopkins will never admit defeat and the way Judah carried on after the Tszyu fight.

I don't blame fighters for quitting if they are getting a beating, it's easy to criticise when your not the man in the ring.
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #64
TheHitman81
Road Warrior
ESB Senior Member

U guys forgt Golota? Golota bowe
TheHitman81 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #65
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
Great calls, both. Obviously those of us watching Tyson/Holyfield II will never forget seeing that, but the Nate Campbell quit job kind of flies under the radar.

I remember Nate telling his corner "I can't see, man" in a "don't you get what I'm trying to say" tone of voice. I didn't expect that from him and it was blatantly obvious.
Yep

I recall not terribly long ago Robert Guerrero quiting early in a fight on HBO and Max and crew rode him hard for it.

Hate to bring it up, but Morales sitting on his butt shaking his head no to his corner.

Oscar against PAC

Rubio against Pavlik in Youngstown
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #66
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Popo Freitas
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #67
C.J.
Boxings Own Living Legend
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELECTRIC GURU View Post
Can you name some examples? I think the fighter that springs to everyones mind first is probably Bernard Hopkins due to his repetitive habit of doing this and shitting on his fans who paid hard earned money to watch him.

examples

- The first Chad Dawson fight - wrestled to the ground and then feigned a shoulder injury because he knew he was on the way to getting comprehensively outboxed

- Joe Calzaghe fight - was finding the pace of the fight too difficult to maintain and feigned a low blow, cowardly grimacing on the floor in embarrassing fashion, receiving a 5 minute rest at a critical time and hoping that corrupt ref Cortez would disqualify Calzaghe.

- Robert Allen fight - Not sure which one of the famous trilogy this was, think it might have been the 2nd fight where Hopkins dived out of the ring and then pretended to be injured to get the fight called off, really cringe-worthy stuff. Sure there will be some more examples of 'old school' Bernard as well but i'm sure you get the picture of the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

Now its your turn, give me examples of fighters who disgraced their own fans, robbed them out of they're hard earned money and cowardly looked for ways out during fights . . . . . .
Utter unadulterated bullcrap>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1... Chad Dawson DELIBERATELY!! threw Bernard to the floor, separating his shoulder

2...Bernard kicked Calzaghe's cowardly ass. That was a blatent low blow as you'd know if you knew anything about boxing. I doubt if Calzaghe landed 30 LEGITIMATE!! punches aqll fight long mos were illegal inside of the gloves slaps.

3... Mills lane knocked Bernard out of the ring yet another blatent foul. Again Bernard was LEGITIMATELY injured.

Bernard Hopkins only lost 2 fights legitimately Jones.jr I & Dawson II
Calzaghe & Taylor got gift dec they did not deserve

Last edited by C.J.; 10-09-2012 at 09:55 PM.
C.J. is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #68
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Duran quit
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #69
C.J.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELECTRIC GURU View Post
please pal, no trolling in here, just serious boxing debate. everyone knows Hopkins ducked Calzaghe in 2002 for a career high pay day anyway.

Please stick to the thread, I'm looking for fighters who cowardly looked for a way out during fights, can you give any examples?
Another bullcrap post. Bernard Hopkins offered to go to Wales to rematch Calzaghe. He even said "Enzo can be ref if he wants" lol
Calzaghe had the chance to give his faithful fans, who had supported his cowardly ass for years, a chance to see him beat Bernard Hopkins. BUT what does he do??? He chickens out & retires instead. Slappy Joe knew he'd get his ass handed to him if he fought
C.J. is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #70
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
Another bullcrap post. Bernard Hopkins offered to go to Wales to rematch Calzaghe. He even said "Enzo can be ref if he wants" lol
Calzaghe had the chance to give his faithful fans, who had supported his cowardly ass for years, a chance to see him beat Bernard Hopkins. BUT what does he do??? He chickens out & retires instead. Slappy Joe knew he'd get his ass handed to him if he fought
Hopkins turned it down, after initially agreeing.

Got scared, preferred fighting blown up welters.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #71
C.J.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
Hopkins turned it down, after initially agreeing.

Got scared, preferred fighting blown up welters.
I know Nard pretty well he wanted Calzaghe BAD!!!! Slappy kne he got a gift dint want no mo of Nard
C.J. is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #72
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iny-JzuL1s0&feature=relmfu[/ame]

At least Wlad did Jab Jab grab, Hopkins just went for grab.

Hopkins had to feign injuries to gather his breath.

Hopkins was crawling around on the canvas like a dog, howling in pain. Pathetic.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #73
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
I know Nard pretty well he wanted Calzaghe BAD!!!! Slappy kne he got a gift dint want no mo of Nard
Too bad Bernard turned down the fight then.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #74
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zJVfsf76GE&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Hopkins again, pretending to be hurt.

Damn! Hopkins thought this was a hugging contest.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #75
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"We have to get Joe to America and the right fight is Bernard Hopkins," said Showtime boxing chief Jay Larkin.

"Hopkins turned down a lot of money from us to fight Calzaghe last year, but after what Joe did to Mitchell we can up the ante and offer more."

The TV boss was impressed by the way Calzaghe climbed off the floor after being dropped for the first time in his life, saying he showed the instincts of a true champion.

Larkin is determined to push for the Hopkins fight, but acknowledges that the man known as 'The Executioner,' is not the easiest fighter to negotiate with.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum