Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-10-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
hernanday
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Has Wladimir Klitschko ages, will he get better?

I am wondering, is he one of those boxers that just get better with time. There seem to be a set of boxers rising up the rankings, and I hope his skill level stays constant. As many of you know I have my doubts about him, some people say I am too harsh for my judgement of him, which is why I hope he sticks around for the next few years (I already now Vitali is retiring soon and will enter politics, nor would I expect him in his 40's to continue fighting at prime level). Anyhow it does seem taller boxers can box for longer in the HW division for whatever reason.
I'd like see Klitschko face many of the rising stars, in due course, of course and when they are ready, including guys like Mitchell, Price, Wilder (if he gets serious), Bermane. Guys who are tall enough, or strong enough to actually prove Klitschko is truly a great fighter and not just above average in a below average era.
hernanday is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2012, 01:53 AM   #2
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Has Wladimir Klitschko ages, will he get better?

Ok, here are hard facts. Ali averaged 224.4lb over the whole of his career, while his opponents only averaged 204.5lb. Now Wladimir has averaged 236.3lb while his opponents have been 224.1lb. And both had the same 3" height Advantage. Giving Wladimir only a 12.2lb weight Advantage while Ali had a 19.9lb weight advantage over his opponents.
bremen is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #3
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Wladimir will pull a Hopkins, he'll be the division's dominant force all the way to his 50th birthday and break Joe Louis' record for most defenses along the way

Wladimir Dr. Fine Wine Klitschko
locard is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 02:10 AM   #4
Skittlez
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen View Post
Ok, here are hard facts. Ali averaged 224.4lb over the whole of his career, while his opponents only averaged 204.5lb. Now Wladimir has averaged 236.3lb while his opponents have been 224.1lb. And both had the same 3" height Advantage. Giving Wladimir only a 12.2lb weight Advantage while Ali had a 19.9lb weight advantage over his opponents.

Did you bust a nut when typing that.
Skittlez is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 02:11 AM   #5
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by locard View Post
Wladimir will pull a Hopkins, he'll be the division's dominant force all the way to his 50th birthday and break Joe Louis' record for most defenses along the way

Wladimir Dr. Fine Wine Klitschko
He already has together with RJJ as the HW titlist/champion with the most KOs on previously never been KO'd before opponents with atleast a 75% win rate and more than 12 matches. (non-bums)
It stands as 13 and RJJ his lower weight KOs are counted with it.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #6
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 4720

Quote:
Although I completely agree with that statement, it's also completely out of place in this thread.

But on topic: Like with his brother and so many other boxers, decay will eventually slip in and he will have to depend on "ring smarts" more and more... he's not for from that point I believe.
Robney is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #7
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1666

Quote:
completely irrelevant to the thread. I might add that Kubrat and Tervel Pulevi will rule the world and push the Kilt brothers into oblivion
Leonit is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum