Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #16
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: How much power did Duran lose if any comin outa LW. His debut at WW againt Palomi

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Duran vs Rojas...

Duran at LW..compare his power to Jr WW or WW. This a great fight
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #17
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Default Re: How much power did Duran lose if any comin outa LW. His debut at WW againt Palomi

Bottom line..Durans power was underrated once he left the LW division
Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #18
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475
Default Re: How much power did Duran lose if any comin outa LW.His debut at WW againt Palomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
I remember having lunch at 1860's down that way and Hackin' Hart Hominy was playing his electric mandolin, a la Yank Rachell, and Yank was there, looked over at me, said "Boxed, this beer is warm as piss. But Hack's playin' some straight up gangsta shit." and I nodded my head. Because I told him not to order any beer, there.
I remember I once worked as a bartender sometime during the American Civil War up someways, at a bar that specialized in terrible electronica, where Fredrick Douglas and the ghost of Belle Star (who wasn't dead yet but she wanted a jump on that whole.sick thing) invented the term mother ****er. Long story short before I was fired for 'forced cannibalism and being willfully and impertinenly tall' I used to serve my own urine as the house beer. Just remniscing...
LittleRed is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #19
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664
Default Re: How much power did Duran lose if any comin outa LW.His debut at WW againt Palomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
I remember I once worked as a bartender sometime during the American Civil War up someways, at a bar that specialized in terrible electronica, where Fredrick Douglas and the ghost of Belle Star (who wasn't dead yet but she wanted a jump on that whole.sick thing) invented the term mother ****er. Long story short before I was fired for 'forced cannibalism and being willfully and impertinenly tall' I used to serve my own urine as the house beer. Just remniscing...
But, Red...I was there, brother.

...You were kidding about the urine thing, right?
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #20
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

Were you the guy who use to park his T-Rex on the grass? Memories are hazy...

And of course I was joking. Although on an unrelated note please tell me you never ordered the house brew.

Last edited by LittleRed; 09-29-2012 at 08:03 AM.
LittleRed is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #21
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

Old 09-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #22
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

[quote=LittleRed;13880937]I remember I once worked as a bartender sometime during the American Civil War up someways, at a bar that specialized in terrible electronica, where Fredrick Douglas and the ghost of Belle Star (who wasn't dead yet but she wanted a jump on that whole.sick thing) invented the term mother ****er. Long story short before I was fired for 'forced cannibalism and being willfully and impertinenly tall' I used to serve my own urine as the house beer. Just remniscing...[/quote

Cmon Guys!..What is this?..If you to kiddies wanna play with each other please do it on someone else's thread...This is a question about one of my all time favs that ive always wondered where most Duran fans rank his power...So please knock off the shit.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #23
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
That goes for you too Gimp..Ive had to tell your ass before if you cant be serious go play on other peoples threads...Grow up or get the hell of ESB!......Thanks a bunch
Old 09-28-2012, 12:58 AM   #24
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Duran vs Barkley...
Old 09-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #25
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
That goes for you too Gimp..Ive had to tell your ass before if you cant be serious go play on other peoples threads...Grow up or get the hell of ESB!......Thanks a bunch
Old 09-28-2012, 01:27 AM   #26
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Duran vs Pazienza.....Effin brutal!....What do you think of Duran's power in this fight?
Old 09-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #27
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Duran vs Buchanan....
Old 10-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #28
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Duran looked extremely strong in hid 1st fight with SRL...
Old 10-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #29
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
I think most fighters at WW underestimated Durans control and power..for a little guy he had murderous power...
I don't think Duran was that little. If you see him with Hagler in 1983, he is not this little lightweight with a big middleweight. I remember reading that Hagler and Duran did a soft drink commercial in 1982 or 1983, and someone noticed how they were not too different in size, which is how it came about that Duran could maybe fight Hagler. And Duran later after he retired looks like he got up to 250 or 260, although now it looks like he is down to 180 or so. You could not see a guy like Floyd weighing 250 or 260 like Duran does. Even Hearns now looks like he weighs about 210 or so.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 03:20 AM   #30
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
I don't think Duran was that little. If you see him with Hagler in 1983, he is not this little lightweight with a big middleweight. I remember reading that Hagler and Duran did a soft drink commercial in 1982 or 1983, and someone noticed how they were not too different in size, which is how it came about that Duran could maybe fight Hagler. And Duran later after he retired looks like he got up to 250 or 260, although now it looks like he is down to 180 or so. You could not see a guy like Floyd weighing 250 or 260 like Duran does. Even Hearns now looks like he weighs about 210 or so.
They were both 5"8..Haglar was just naturally a bigger man.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum