Old 10-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #16
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
most other fighters if they lose they have a loss. Duran had so many excuses. I think he was a great fighter, but people get mad when I say he was top 25 ATG than 1-10 ATG. I think he was great. Just not top 10. He certainly fought some of the best fighters ever, but he did not beat them. That is the criteria I use for ATG. How many greats did you beat.
Trust YOU to be the 1st ****er on here I bet yer emptied yer sack
duranimal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #17
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Quote:
Some facts supporting Duran and his excuses would do the most in proving how much you comprehend and how bright you are. The facts I have said over and over is Duran lost when Ray fought his fight. Getting upset and insulting someone on a message board without defending Duran's record to prove he is top 10 ATG almost shows that you know what I am saying is true and you cannot defend it with a fact.
No it shows that I think you are so dumb and determined to believe your own bullshit, that it doesn't matter what anyone says, you just ain't bright enough to realise the full extent of your cluelessness.

So I won't waste my time on some 80 IQ retard.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #18
DKD
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
DKD is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #19
alakran
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2023

He was a great fighter and had a great lightweight reign, but no real ATG fighters at 135.. So what people are saying is his lightweight reign and the beating Ray the first time , but losing easily to Hearns,Benitez and Leonard and then giving Hagler what they say was a good fight but still losing, and then winning titles against Moore and Barkley gives him a top 10 ATG ranking. If we study the facts how can this be top 10 ATG? Top 25 fine, but not top 10, which is what my point always was. He was a great dominant fighter who had a weakness to a great fighter with speed who used the whole ring.[/quote]

thats what made him great, he was a lightweight who beat SRL at his weight of 147 and went up to middle weight to beat a champion
Do you think Marquez could beat mayweatehr at 147 today and then go to middleweight and beat one of the champions? Duran did lose but way above his best weight
alakran is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #20
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRIGAN View Post
No it shows that I think you are so dumb and determined to believe your own bullshit, that it doesn't matter what anyone says, you just ain't bright enough to realise the full extent of your cluelessness.

So I won't waste my time on some 80 IQ retard.
So the person who has the 80 IQ has the facts and the one who does not has how much IQ? Prove how much IQ you have and support Duran with some strong facts. But you won't. You don't have the boxing knowledge. That is clear.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #21
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alakran View Post
He was a great fighter and had a great lightweight reign, but no real ATG fighters at 135.. So what people are saying is his lightweight reign and the beating Ray the first time , but losing easily to Hearns,Benitez and Leonard and then giving Hagler what they say was a good fight but still losing, and then winning titles against Moore and Barkley gives him a top 10 ATG ranking. If we study the facts how can this be top 10 ATG? Top 25 fine, but not top 10, which is what my point always was. He was a great dominant fighter who had a weakness to a great fighter with speed who used the whole ring.

thats what made him great, he was a lightweight who beat SRL at his weight of 147 and went up to middle weight to beat a champion
Do you think Marquez could beat mayweatehr at 147 today and then go to middleweight and beat one of the champions? Duran did lose but way above his best weight[/quote]I said he was great. He was a great lightweight champ who was dominant against guys he was greater then all of them, he moves up and beats Leonard. My point is Duran is not 1-10 ATG like some of you say. If you guys say top 25 ATG is what he is, I will not argue. But many people in here say he is one of the best fighters ever, and the facts are not there. Having charisma and machismo still does not equal top 5 or top 10 ATG. He needs the wins. I think Duran gets rated higher for his machismo and style, in the same way a guy like Virgil Hi.ll gets underrated for his boring style and lack of machismo. Yet Virgil had 4 reigns at 2 divisions and 25 title defenses. It is not a matter of hero worship, it is about facts and rating a guy fairly.

Marquez was never Duran quality. He is the most overrated guy who is considered elite. The fact that you are rating Leonard as a great when Duran fought him in June of 1980 is the problem. Leonard was not the superfighter he later became. The first Duran fought taught him how to be an elite fighter, and the proof is how conclusively he beat Duran when he put it all together. And we even have a 3rd fight to show how dominant he was over Duran, when Ray was older.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #22
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
Trust YOU to be the 1st ****er on here I bet yer emptied yer sack
Hey Duranimal. About Duran, I like Duran, but I also know that the excuses he made were bought by the boxing public. Other fighters made excuses and no one believed it. No one really thought Hearns had weak legs when he fought Hagler, which is why Tommy said he brawled. I don't even buy it really. Hearns never had weak legs before Hagler and had to brawl other guys so making excuse was just an excuse. Breaking his right hand was a good excuse, but that happens in fights. Even with my favorite fighter Hearns I don't accept the excuses. Or Leonard saying after the Hearns rematch that he just didn't feel right that day. That is vague. Benitez saying after Leonard beat him that he only trained a few days. Excuses are there but Duran has made the same one over and over. He didn't train for the greatest fighters he fought. The question would be, why didn't he train for the best fighters he fought, but he trained for the lesser guys. I know you love Duran. I am not saying he is not great, I am saying he is great, but not 1-5 or 1-10.. I don't even think my favorite fighter Hearns is 1-10. He can't be. He lost his two biggest fights.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #23
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 887

He got his butt kicked and couldn't handle it.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 03:43 AM   #24
recycling
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Duran fans have the most excuses I ever seen. I like Duran the most out of the fab 4 too. His career post srl 2 really overrated
recycling is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #25
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycling View Post
Duran fans have the most excuses I ever seen. I like Duran the most out of the fab 4 too. His career post srl 2 really overrated
Overated!!! Shite statement

Considering he was meant to be all washed up in late 82, he thrashes Cuavas, BUTCHERS the next in-line potential superstar in Davey Moore, 5 months later takes the almighty leap in taking on the 160 Undisputed Monster in Marvin Hagler & is the only man to take him the full 15 rounds in a close fight & thats a blown up Lightweight who 4 years previous was still Lightweight Champion & he he is fighting for the Undisputed 160 crown, which the likes of Hearns & SRL wanted absolutely no part of!

Cuavas/Moore/Hagler all in a 12 month period after being written off!

Gets sparked in 2 by the Hearns, then 5 years later at 37 beats the man who beat him in Iran Barkley & decks him on the way to become WBC 160 Kingpin!

Name me another liniel World Lightweight champion who won the liniel World Middleweight Title! Yer CAN'T!!!

Thats why Roberto Duran is know as: DURAN the GREAT.

Last edited by duranimal; 10-10-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #26
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
Overated!!! Shite statement

Considering he was meant to be all washed up in late 82, he thrashes Cuavas, BUTCHERS the next in-line potential superstar in Davey Moore, 5 months later takes the almighty leap in taking on the 160 Undisputed Monster in Marvin Hagler & is the only man to take him the full 15 rounds in a close fight & thats a blown up Lightweight who 4 years previous was still Lightweight Champion & he he is fighting for the Undisputed 160 crown, which the likes of Hearns & SRL wanted absolutely no part of!

Cuavas/Moore/Hagler all in a 12 month period after being written off!

Gets sparked in 2 by the Hearns, then 5 years later at 37 beats the man who beat him in Iran Barkley & decks him on the way to become WBC 160 Kingpin!

Name me another liniel World Lightweight champion who won the liniel World Middleweight Title! Yer CAN'T!!!

Thats why Roberto Duran is know as: DURAN the GREAT.
You guys must get bored hearing me saying the same points I have made for almost 4 years now. But the points stay since Duran's career has been the same since 2001 when he retired. Those guys you mentioned Moore,Cuevas,Barkley,Hagler,Hearns. The two guys who were champs and legends were Hagler and Hearns at the time that Duran fought them and he lost to both of them. He beat Moore and Barkley, but they were not great, so the title Duran the great is a little exaggerated-I think. He didn't beat Benitez when he would have won Benitez WBC super welterweight title, the one Hearns won later that year by outboxing Benitez over 15 rounds. And Barkley did beat Hearns, but he also lost in that same time period to Kalambay,Nunn and Benn, who stopped him in one round. Cuevas was 3 years from his welt. title days and very washed up. He lost to Roger Stafford the fight before Duran. This is what I mean by overrating Duran. He is getting credit for beating beatable guys and when he loses to the greats he uses excuses. This is not me being brilliant and breaking it down well. It is very clear to anyone who studies Duran's record. Great fighter, but how does he get the 1-10 ATG? This was always my point. Beating Leonard in 1980 yet losing in the rematch easily? His lightweight reign was good, but where are the legends which would get him into the ATG 1-10.. I always put Ray in the 1-10 rating since he did beat 4 ATG fighters to get in there. And I do not put Tommy in 1-10 since I know losing to Ray and Marvin means he did not beat the greats when he had to, like Duran did not either or Benitez or Marvin. That is why none of them should be 1-10. But Ray does deserve it, regardless of a very short career compared to his contemporaries.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #27
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

delete.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #28
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You guys must get bored hearing me saying the same points I have made for almost 4 years now.

YEP!! Thats spot on MAG!! Thats the only sensible & accurate statement you've ever made here on ESB

It's the SAME OLD BORING SHITE 24/7, 365 days a year

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum