Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #31
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
because you said they are no all show,
meaning you think are weak.
so see if they are weak or not.


i have no love for bodybuilders, i think its kind of a werid
sport, and no they are not fighters


but i have noticed alot of guys that will
say how they are all show etc
behind their backs
will never say anything to their faces
Why would somebody just walk up to someone and start dissing them out? Just because someone isn't an absolute cunt doesn't mean they're a *****. You're a bit young aren't you?
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #32
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
You don't seem to understand the difference between muscle and strength. They are not equivalent, strength is mostly a neural adaptation which is why specificity is so important. Bodybuilders are weak pound for pound, isolating muscles means that those muscles don't work too well in sequential movements, which is what an athlete needs.
Yes bodybuilders will do heavy compound movements sometimes to hit the larger fibers but most of their work is high volume to hypertrophy their smaller fibers.
Do you get it yet? A strength and conditioning coach might include bench press or some certain isolation exercises if the athlete has a certain weakness or injury. That's for a purpose, not for building muscles for the hell of it.
You're obviously uneducated about these things, muscle can often make you weaker pound for pound. Athletes need strength training that is sports specific, not muscle building.
ofcourse muscle and strength are not equivalent, and i like how you generalize about bodybuilders being weak pound for pound,
again i dont think you understand how hard they train and that speaking of pound for pound, their off season weight and contest is often different by 30 pounds.

again you seem to have trouble understanding that whenever a strength and conditioning coach is making you any isolated type of excerise, with proper form, he is coaching stuff that he learned from bodybuilding

and no one does anything for the hell of it, not even your hated bodybuilders,

do you even lift weights?

and nice how you avoided the area about a boxer having
to strengthen his body before he can even try explosive movements like olympic lifts,

and please dont make stregth and conditioning coaches to be all knowing specialists,

most arent, just like the one who made my friend the pro boxer
do olympic lifts without any prior weight training

because "he was already a well conditioned sportsman who didnt need static bodybuilding excerises"
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #33
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Why would somebody just walk up to someone and start dissing them out? Just because someone isn't an absolute cunt doesn't mean they're a *****. You're a bit young aren't you?
again your not very quick,
well same guys who are not cunts to diss them in their face

are often saying how these guys are all show,
are weak,
cant even move,
nothing without roids,

ofcourse they are all saying behind the bodybuilders
backs, because according to you thats how a proper gentlemen
behaves
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #34
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRLN View Post
first off im new here so dont want any arguements, I joined the forum as a beginner on the look out for sound boxing advice from more experienced guys.

2nd - i never once implied they were sissies

thirdly - building a muscle back up,...id call that rehab. not someone undertaking 'bodybuilding' to get back to normal

i dont want any arguments too,

but your 3rd point involves a lot of muscle building
which is the point of bodybuilding

and to be honest with you about re-hab,

i had some serious injuries and a few friends of mine are pro strongman and a bodybuilder and they have helped with re-hab
and thanks to them the strengthening exercises that they made me do
(many of which were pure isolation stuff)
i am able to box again and even grapple

i use to be the boxing guy who hated weights and made fun of it and
though all weight training was useless bodybuilding,

but thanks to this stupidity, i got some severe injuries and was no longer able to box much less grapple,
when your muscles are too weak to deal with huge amounts of stress,
things like knees and shoulders give out

then these guys after a surgery, trained with me(basicaly re-built me) and now
i am again going to compete in boxing
and have started grappling for fun as well and
feel stronger then ever
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #35
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
ofcourse muscle and strength are not equivalent, and i like how you generalize about bodybuilders being weak pound for pound,
again i dont think you understand how hard they train and that speaking of pound for pound, their off season weight and contest is often different by 30 pounds.

again you seem to have trouble understanding that whenever a strength and conditioning coach is making you any isolated type of excerise, with proper form, he is coaching stuff that he learned from bodybuilding

and no one does anything for the hell of it, not even your hated bodybuilders,

do you even lift weights?

and nice how you avoided the area about a boxer having
to strengthen his body before he can even try explosive movements like olympic lifts,

and please dont make stregth and conditioning coaches to be all knowing specialists,

most arent, just like the one who made my friend the pro boxer
do olympic lifts without any prior weight training

because "he was already a well conditioned sportsman who didnt need static bodybuilding excerises"
What's a 'static bodybuilding exercise'?
You take care now kid, try and learn some things on your journey
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #36
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
What's a 'static bodybuilding exercise'?
You take care now kid, try and learn some things on your journey
static means slow and isolating
dumbass,

you really have no ****ing answer for anything
do you

do you even lift weights
if you dont, you cant talk about this subject

have you ever donne boxing or any other combat
sport....

or are you some fat armchair expert

let me guess you will avoid answer anything
cause you dont know shit


GO TO THE GYM,MY CHILD
EXPERIENCE WHAT YOU HAVE ONLY WATCHED
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #37
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,728
vCash: 1000
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
static means slow and isolating
dumbass,

you really have no ****ing answer for anything
do you

do you even lift weights
if you dont, you cant talk about this subject

have you ever donne boxing or any other combat
sport....

or are you some fat armchair expert

let me guess you will avoid answer anything
cause you dont know shit


GO TO THE GYM,MY CHILD
EXPERIENCE WHAT YOU HAVE ONLY WATCHED
Static to means on the Heel, Thats the Problem.

Last edited by scrap; 10-09-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: to
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:27 AM   #38
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

i guess so but that untrained expert is still annoying

i hate guys that dont train that pretend to know it all
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #39
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
static means slow and isolating
dumbass,

you really have no ****ing answer for anything
do you

do you even lift weights
if you dont, you cant talk about this subject

have you ever donne boxing or any other combat
sport....

or are you some fat armchair expert

let me guess you will avoid answer anything
cause you dont know shit


GO TO THE GYM,MY CHILD
EXPERIENCE WHAT YOU HAVE ONLY WATCHED
Static means 'not moving'. That's isometric. I knew exactly what it was, just wanted to see how you explained it because in the context you used it it made no sense. Just as I thought you don't know and just as I said before, try and learn something because at the moment you're absolutely clueless. And yes I've boxed and yes I lift weights you mong, I wouldn't talk about it if I didn't. When you act like you know about something when you actually don't you end up looking stupid. You don't even understand basic shit and you're spouting off, that's how I know that you're young. If not chronologically then mentally and emotionally.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #40
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 1000
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Static means 'not moving'. That's isometric. I knew exactly what it was, just wanted to see how you explained it because in the context you used it it made no sense. Just as I thought you don't know and just as I said before, try and learn something because at the moment you're absolutely clueless. And yes I've boxed and yes I lift weights you mong, I wouldn't talk about it if I didn't. When you act like you know about something when you actually don't you end up looking stupid. You don't even understand basic shit and you're spouting off, that's how I know that you're young. If not chronologically then mentally and emotionally.
The retarded way he lays out his posts didn't give away the fact he's young?

I think he's just trolling. His other post "which is better, too much running or too much weight training" just shows how clueless he is. I like how tries to imply he knows more than you, he did the same to me in the mentioned thread. Really he's been in the gym for around 2 years (if that) and obviously knows jack shit.

*waits for a riveting repose from highguard*
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #41
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
i guess so but that untrained expert is still annoying

i hate guys that dont train that pretend to know it all
Why
do you think
that just because
dealt_with
knows what he is talking about,
that he doesn't train?
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #42
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 1000
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Why
do you think
that just because
dealt_with
knows what he is talking about,
that he doesn't train?
dealt_with is obviously a fat, clueless retard. The correct advice he gives is wrong and he clearly doesn't train, I can tell by the way he types.!
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #43
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
dealt_with is obviously a fat, clueless retard. The correct advice he gives is wrong and he clearly doesn't train, I can tell by the way he types.!
Must be them big words and punctuation. Nobody has time to educate themselves AND train
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #44
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 202
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

It would be cool if this forum had a mod.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #45
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Static means 'not moving'. That's isometric. I knew exactly what it was, just wanted to see how you explained it because in the context you used it it made no sense. Just as I thought you don't know and just as I said before, try and learn something because at the moment you're absolutely clueless. And yes I've boxed and yes I lift weights you mong, I wouldn't talk about it if I didn't. When you act like you know about something when you actually don't you end up looking stupid. You don't even understand basic shit and you're spouting off, that's how I know that you're young. If not chronologically then mentally and emotionally.

well thank you for calling me young
i guess its better to be young
then be old and never trained anything
much like yourself

ofcourse somethings dont make sense to you,
you need to train before you can understand,

yes i am clueless to bad your not in toronto,
i would be happy to show you how clueless i am in boxing
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013