Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Peter__1987

vCash:
Talking How to beat Anderson Silva (HILARIOUS!)

Don't know if this has been posted already but this is one of the funniest things i've ever seen

WAR BONNAR

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE3oM0MPZ_c[/ame]
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Hitman-Fan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1615
Default Re: How to beat Anderson Silva (HILARIOUS!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Don't know if this has been posted already but this is one of the funniest things i've ever seen

WAR BONNAR

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Hitman-Fan is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

I love that Griffin basically says you dont want to fight him
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
elixirvtec
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

thats funny, thanks for posting
elixirvtec is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Best promo Ive seen for a while
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 01:44 AM   #6
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:

WAR BONNAR

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 10-11-2012, 03:36 AM   #7
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Best promo UFC have ever done.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #8
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Funny! But that's the UFC admitting this is a joke fight and a mismatch, a little counter productive, no? Usually they will still try and hype it, like Bonner be a tough challenge, this was like saying basically man....you ain't gonna do shit!
rainmaker is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
Funny! But that's the UFC admitting this is a joke fight and a mismatch, a little counter productive, no? Usually they will still try and hype it, like Bonner be a tough challenge, this was like saying basically man....you ain't gonna do shit!

Come on man, what else can they do? try and sell this as a legit "pick em" fight? if they did people would criticize them even more.

It's a total underdog/rocky scenario and they are being open and honest about it.

I don't see why people are upset about it, Bonnar is tough as hell and comes to fight and Anderson is well......Anderson.

It's gonna be a great fight!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #10
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Come on man, what else can they do? try and sell this as a legit "pick em" fight? if they did people would criticize them even more.

It's a total underdog/rocky scenario and they are being open and honest about it.

I don't see why people are upset about it, Bonnar is tough as hell and comes to fight and Anderson is well......Anderson.

Exactly. It seems whatever the UFC does people will criticize. They finally take the stance of honesty and reality with a fight. I love it. This fight wasn't planned, it was thrown together to save the Brazil card after Aldo got hurt. It's not for the championship. It isn't even at Anderson's weight class.

I will always watch Silva fight. Bonnar is tough as all hell, mentally and physically. He is big and strong and will bring the fight to Silva. Either we see a knockout, or we see Anderson get tested a bit. Either way, it will be worth watching.

But that video is completely honest. There is NO gameplan Bonnar can bring to this fight. All he can do is show up, and give his 120% best effort.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #11
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:

Seriously now, it's gonna be a one sided beat down. Silva has probably been asked to push it out a few rounds, but truth is he could likely finish it when he wants. Bonner is nowhere near Silva's league, and he's been in many tough fights, I can see him getting cracked bad here.

That's basically the point, this isn't a fight they can sell, even the UFC top brass know this, thats why they are going this way with it. But looking at the bigger picture, these kinds of fights won't win the organisation many new fans. And there are starting to be far too many mismatches.

Don't get me wrong, i've been watching MMA for a long time, but the talent pool in the UFC is nowhere near where it should be. Yes injuries have taken it#s toll but still you find the title fight match ups too, is a kind of merry go round of past challengers only ever being a fight or two away from another shot because there is no one there.
rainmaker is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #12
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
Seriously now, it's gonna be a one sided beat down. Silva has probably been asked to push it out a few rounds, but truth is he could likely finish it when he wants. Bonner is nowhere near Silva's league, and he's been in many tough fights, I can see him getting cracked bad here.

That's basically the point, this isn't a fight they can sell, even the UFC top brass know this, thats why they are going this way with it. But looking at the bigger picture, these kinds of fights won't win the organisation many new fans. And there are starting to be far too many mismatches.

Don't get me wrong, i've been watching MMA for a long time, but the talent pool in the UFC is nowhere near where it should be. Yes injuries have taken it#s toll but still you find the title fight match ups too, is a kind of merry go round of past challengers only ever being a fight or two away from another shot because there is no one there.
Jon Jones beat the HELL out of Bonnar for 3 rounds, hit him with spinning elbows, knees, bodyshots, Judo threw the **** outta him, ground and pounded his ass to **** and STILL couldn't finish him.

NO ONE and i do mean NO ONE can finish stephan bonnar "when they want" he has a legitimite claim at being the toughest mother****er in UFC history.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #13
Peter__1987

vCash:

And as for this fight being a mistmatch, some people are so dumb it's ****ing annoying me, let me spell this out.

This was never the intended main event!!!!

It was put together as a back up at the last minute to save an event, and if you ask me it's a pretty decent fight for what is essentially a "back up"

The UFC would of never chose this as a normal main event, their hand was forced by injuries.

I don't get it, they cancel an event when Jon Jones wouldn't fight, people are pissed off at an event being cancelled, and then another card is disrupted by injuries so this time instead of cancelling it they save it with a good fight....people still not happy.

What the **** do people want?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #14
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
And as for this fight being a mistmatch, some people are so dumb it's ****ing annoying me, let me spell this out.

This was never the intended main event!!!!

It was put together as a back up at the last minute to save an event, and if you ask me it's a pretty decent fight for what is essentially a "back up"

The UFC would of never chose this as a normal main event, their hand was forced by injuries.

I don't get it, they cancel an event when Jon Jones wouldn't fight, people are pissed off at an event being cancelled, and then another card is disrupted by injuries so this time instead of cancelling it they save it with a good fight....people still not happy.

What the **** do people want?
To expand on your post. It's my opinion that this fight is less than a mismatch, then the Sonnen/Jones fight would've been. Given the styles of the fighters and which fighters are moving up in weight. Although the same fans bitching about this "last minute fight" being thrown together, were the ones crying that that "last minute fight" fell apart.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #15
Peter__1987

vCash:

I don't know why people are even complaining I think it's a ****ing awesome fight.

Everytime Anderson fights what do we want? we want someone who is gonna be crazy enough to stand there infront of him and say "come on" and trade with him and be tough/game enough to last a while and also be good enough to fire back a few shots to keep it interesting.

Well, that's Stephan Bonnar.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum