Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #46
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

I need to stay off this forum when I'm trying to do work

Some posts are so astoundingly stupid that I can't tell if people are trolling.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #47
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
The retarded way he lays out his posts didn't give away the fact he's young?

I think he's just trolling. His other post "which is better, too much running or too much weight training" just shows how clueless he is. I like how tries to imply he knows more than you, he did the same to me in the mentioned thread. Really he's been in the gym for around 2 years (if that) and obviously knows jack shit.

*waits for a riveting repose from highguard*

yes i am clueless,
list me the gyms you have boxed in? who your coaches were?

2 years,yes lifting weights

but have done boxing and grappling for a long time,

didnt you say in your other thread
that you were some kung fu guy lol

i think that solves that


ps i do know more about you
espically in boxing or any other practical martial arts

not kung fu though i am sure you can teach me
alot about monkey or crane style lol


as a kung fu guy, i assume you have a creepy pony tail and glasses combo????YES LOL
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #48
highguard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
I need to stay off this forum when I'm trying to do work

Some posts are so astoundingly stupid that I can't tell if people are trolling.

again where you have trained???

but i guess i cant out argue any computer geek
whose base of training is youtube
and not actual training


yes i am stupid for actually training and being curious thank you
i should be like you,
to smart to train
highguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #49
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
again where you have trained???

but i guess i cant out argue any computer geek
whose base of training is youtube
and not actual training


yes i am stupid for actually training and being curious thank you
i should be like you,
to smart to train
Thankfully I haven't trained where you have, because it seems that you have had that half a braincell of yours shaken too much.

Seriously though, why do you assume that people who can construct a coherent sentance and present a logical argument have never trained or are 'computer geeks'? I suppose it's the only thing you can hope to be true to make yourself feel better about your own stupidity.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #50
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 202
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
again where you have trained???

but i guess i cant out argue any computer geek
whose base of training is youtube
and not actual training


yes i am stupid for actually training and being curious thank you
i should be like you,
to smart to train
Have you ever thought about writing a book of poetry?
Since you already communicate in poetry
Anyway?
KillSomething is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #51
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,098
vCash: 1000
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
yes i am clueless,
Indeed.

Quote:
list me the gyms you have boxed in? who your coaches were?
Why is it that when you're backed into your clueless corner you always try to change the subject? This topic is about weight training, same as the other thread and yet again you're attempting to change the subject to boxing or martial arts. Why? My boxing experience is completely irrelevant yet again.

I would love to have gone to school with you.

Teacher: "Today we're going to learn to multiply. We'll start with 2x10=20."

highguard: "Na, **** you! Where did you box?! I know more about any other martial art in the world than you so you're wrong and I'm smarter!!!"

Teacher: "highguard, this is maths class..."

highguard: "So ****ing what?! Who were your coaches?!"

Would have been hilarious to watch.

Quote:
2 years,yes lifting weights
It doesn't even matter tbh, it's your knowledge that is severely lacking not experience.

Quote:
but have done boxing and grappling for a long time,
Happy days... and?

Quote:
didnt you say in your other thread
that you were some kung fu guy lol

i think that solves that
What? I don't get if this was an attempt at an insult, a failure of a joke or, just, what?

Quote:
ps i do know more about you
You know more about me? Now this is getting weird.

Quote:
espically in boxing or any other practical martial arts
You really don't have to attempt to prove yourself infront of your peers. You probably do know more about boxing than me, but as stated above what difference does it make? It's entirely irrelevant.

Quote:
not kung fu though i am sure you can teach me
alot about monkey or crane style lol
I doubt it, I never trained in these styles.

Quote:
as a kung fu guy, i assume you have a creepy pony tail and glasses combo????YES LOL
No.

Overall your post was a rather pathetic fail. I mean, I think you tried to insult me in there somewhere but I couldn't quite tell.

As with all your posts you get backed into a corner with your lack of knowledge and revert back to "Well I know more about boxing and other martial arts than you!". How sad.

You need to learn when to admit you don't know and not act like a know it all child. You may grow out of it I suppose.

Last edited by viru§™; 10-11-2012 at 09:54 AM.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #52
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: high intensity training...how good is it for boxing or for general

Ugh this thread is brutal.

HIT has its place as a good way of adding sarcoplasmic fluid to muscle fast. But that mass isn't very strong. Sarcoplamsic fluid provides no added strength. Fluid by definition cant contract.

However, the sarcoplasm does contain all the nutrients that the myofiber needs to grow. You will get better myofiblar hypertrophy if you have high sarcoplasm. It is this synergy between the two types of hypertrophy that is the basis for Russian conjugate training and westside barbell.

If you are concerned about weight gain from extra sarcoplasm that a boxer really doesn't need you just do what Eastern European weightlifters have been doing for years and cut out the high intensity stuff before competition. Sarcoplasm is very transient in the body and quickly sheds when not used.
Windigo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013