Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Danny caught out lieing again. When did Greeny change?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Danny Green to fight on

By Brett Bonetti
Three Time World Champion Danny “The Green Machine” Green (31-5, 27 KO’s) held a press conference at the Incontro Restaurant in South Perth today to announce his next fight where he will face “The Bronx Bomber” Danny Santiago (31-5-1, 19 KO’s) on Wednesday July 25 at Challenge Stadium in Perth Australia. Green will drop down in weight to face Santiago. “Most probably this will be the last time I fight in Western Australia, so it means a hell of a lot to me and we’ve chosen a very exciting guy in Santiago” Green said.
Green hasn’t fought since his TKO loss to WBC World Cruiserweight Champion Krzysztof Wlodarczyk in November where he had a comfortable lead on all judges’ scorecards at the time of the stoppage in round 11. Santiago’s last fight was also an unsuccessful World Title challenge which was for the WBA Light Heavyweight title against current champion Beibut Shumenov.
Green’s drop down to Light Heavyweight is to his old stomping ground, having held the WBA Light Heavyweight title with a dominant victory over Stipe Drews in December 2007.
“This fight with Santiago is here to prove that I’m prepared to come down and give the fans of Australia what they want to see,” Green said.
“Nothing soft comes out of Bronx, and he’s a very tough guy.” “This isn’t just a fight to have a fight, I’m not going anywhere, and I’m looking at campaigning at a lower weight and see how I can handle the weight.”
However, with the announcement of Green vs Santiago, the presser was dominated with talk of a rematch with Anthony “The Man” Mundine.
“It’s on Anthony Mundine’s call. So I’m not sure whether he’s just calling my name out to get publicity, or he’s dinkum about getting the fight on, this is my way of saying I’m dinkum.” Green said
In April, Mundine said he would contemplate conceding 10kg to ensure the fight with Green went ahead.
Asked if he didn’t like Mundine, Green replied, ‘I don’t know him not to like him, but I’m not a fan of his”. “I think he’s deluded in what he says and he actually believes what he says. I think that’s crazy.”
Green lost to Mundine on points in 2006 in one of Australian boxing’s biggest fights.
“I want to prove what happened in 2006 was nowhere near the best I have to offer.”
“He got me as a ghost and he still couldn’t knock me out.”
“The only thing stopping Mundine from agreeing to a rematch was raw fear” Green said.”
“I don’t have to chase Choc (Mundine). We’ve got offers on the table from world champions to fight… Choc’s not a world champion.”
“I’m looking at campaigning at a lower weight, I want to see how I can handle the weight because we’ve had offers from Shumenov, we’ve had offers from Frank ******’s matchmaker Dean Powell to fight WBO Light Heavyweight champ Nathan Cleverly in England, I’ve had many offers to fight again for the Light Heavyweight title” Green said.
Green will face Santiago after finding the challenge against the bigger Cruiserweights too great a hurdle.
“Unfortunately I was always giving away too much weight at Cruiserweight and when you’re stepping on the scales at 90kg with two litres of fluid in your system and the guys you’re fighting are walking around at 100-105kg, it makes it very difficult, especially when you’re fighting the best fighters out there.”
Green’s long-time trainer Angelo Hyder said they will do their best to get as light as they can and hopefully achieve a couple of things along the way while also hoping Mundine “Finally Walks the Walk”.
The Green Machine has a goal is sight which is potentially to win another world title and or finally put an end to this saga with Mundine.
Many see Santiago as an ideal opponent for Green for a return bout.
Tickets for Green vs Santiago go on sale from 9am from ticketmaster.com.au tomorrow.
“Danny Green vs Danny Santiago, promoted by Green Machine Boxing. Wednesday July 25 at Challenge Stadium, Perth Australia.
Contact the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

June 6th, 2012

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] · [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] · [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] · [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Green has had NO offers from Shumenov. Why do people lie so bad in boxing.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] · [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I thought Who is this Cary Lee Redlin and how dare she call our Greeny a liar how would she know he had no offers from Shumenov? So I googled her name.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Danny caught out lieing again. When did Greeny change?

After the mundine fight.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mate, Greeny is a legend and the best thing to ever happen to Aus boxing, Butter wouldnt melt in his mouth, Just ask Sally
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Mate, Greeny is a legend and the best thing to ever happen to Aus boxing, Butter wouldnt melt in his mouth, Just ask Sally
Ha ha!
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Ty will have a meltdown when he read this. Good god the vice president of Shumenov's company confirmed he lied.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
After the mundine fight.
I think it was after or just before he was retired he was gracious and seemed a down to earth bloke until he beat Drews. JMO.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #7
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

yeah i had heard about this i thought best to leave it. He has seemed to lie a bit lately but i dont think it takes away from some of the things he does, just yesterday a woman wrote on his fb page about a girl who was sick with all types of cancer in RPH , nek minute greeny is at the hospital seeing the girl and spending time with her out of his training regime.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #8
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Ty will have a meltdown when he read this. Good god the vice president of Shumenov's company confirmed he lied.

LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #9
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

busteddddd
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #10
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: a little sun-drenched vinyard 3 hours north by nor-west of Sydney, NSW, Australia...
vCash: 1000

Last edited by ecto55; 10-26-2012 at 09:11 PM.
ecto55 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #11
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
I wonder if he charged the sick kid any money like he charges kids $5 before he'll give 'em his autograph!
Is this true?
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #12
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
I wonder if he charged the sick kid any money like he charges kids $5 before he'll give 'em his autograph!
c,mon mate thats not true.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #13
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
yeah i had heard about this i thought best to leave it. He has seemed to lie a bit lately but i dont think it takes away from some of the things he does, just yesterday a woman wrote on his fb page about a girl who was sick with all types of cancer in RPH , nek minute greeny is at the hospital seeing the girl and spending time with her out of his training regime.
Thats nice but the irrelevant pissant, smoking out of the hole now this the Mundine obsession is getting a bit much.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #14
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: a little sun-drenched vinyard 3 hours north by nor-west of Sydney, NSW, Australia...
vCash: 1000

Last edited by ecto55; 10-26-2012 at 09:10 PM.
ecto55 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #15
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I know its true. Reason Green gives is that he's sick of adults using kids toget his autograph so they can flog memorabilia with his signature on it on ebay/net etc.I think Green's a knob, what he's complaining about is par for the course.
in no way is that true
dawsosj is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum