garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540
Default Re: Mikey Garcia wants Gamboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Mikey would stop gamboa.
for you any mexican descendant will beat a Cuban refugee, so far they are behind, Garcia's brother stated aback in 2011 that his brother whom he was mandatory to Gamboa wasn't ready to fight him and the fight was never made, now that el Ciclon is moving up in weight he is calling him out, unless he fight him at 130-35 I don't see this fight happening, Arum will not permit this massacre and waste of his money just like he did with Juanma and later around with Garcia himself, actually he probably pay Gamboa some cash for not to show up at the second IBF weight in to clear the path for Mikey, the kid has only face stiffer and anyone can look good against that kind of opp. He can fight Russell after all they are in the same division, why call out a bigger man?
garfios is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #32
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Stop saying he'll fight Salido nxt or needs to keep his eyes on em guys, fight cancelled:-.

That said we havent seen Gamboa in the ring since fire has been invented and only time will tell how good Garcia gets. Will root for both of them though and keep my eyes on any other news regarding possible opponents/fight dates for the two.
techks is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #33
Heavy Handed
I keep planets in orbit
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

One of my favorites against my top prospect. Gamboa will always be too much for Mikey IMO. He hits too hard, too fast, and can resort to straight up boxing if necessary. Mikey is a really good grind you down type of fighter but he will eat right hands from Gamboa. And once Gamboa begins to land those rights, he'll go into cyclone rooster mode and stop Mikey viciously.
Heavy Handed is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #34
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Gamboa wins big, KO's Garcia
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #35
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

I'd like to see Gamboa take a tune up next month and then fight Mikey early next year... Forget the Salido-Garcia fight.
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #36
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Would love love love this fight.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #37
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 233

dump
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #38
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
Stop saying he'll fight Salido nxt or needs to keep his eyes on em guys, fight cancelled:-.

That said we havent seen Gamboa in the ring since fire has been invented and only time will tell how good Garcia gets. Will root for both of them though and keep my eyes on any other news regarding possible opponents/fight dates for the two.

Fight postponed till January i believe.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #39
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3000

Gamboa is MIA
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #40
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Garcia is a future top 5 p4p fighter. Gamboa could be too but he has too many flaws. Not to mention he is only getting older and actually old for his weight. You would think he will start declining soon as his style is based on speed.

Garcia picks him apart. Garcia has one of the best if not the best jab in boxing. It is piston like with its power and precision. A fighter like Gamboa will struggle to get past the jab. Once he does there will be a right hook and left hook meeting him. With Gamboas balance issues he will be put down a few times here and stopped in the middle rounds. Possibly late rounds if Mikey does not step it up from the get go.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 01:29 AM   #41
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
Garcia is a future top 5 p4p fighter. Gamboa could be too but he has too many flaws. Not to mention he is only getting older and actually old for his weight. You would think he will start declining soon as his style is based on speed.

Garcia picks him apart. Garcia has one of the best if not the best jab in boxing. It is piston like with its power and precision. A fighter like Gamboa will struggle to get past the jab. Once he does there will be a right hook and left hook meeting him. With Gamboas balance issues he will be put down a few times here and stopped in the middle rounds. Possibly late rounds if Mikey does not step it up from the get go.
Garcia hasn't prove nothing just yet, Gamboa is hitting his peak and will mop the floor with Mikey, I could mention a few fighters that will give Mikey a beating right now one of them will be Salido, Johns and Russell, and you are wrong when you are saying that Gamboa only rely in his speed, every Cuban fighter knows how to box and the ones that won Gold more than others, Gamboa is brawler by nature but a boxer by trade, you see him do it against Ponce and Barros and you will see it again soon.
garfios is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 01:36 AM   #42
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:

Your a Mexican picking a Mexican your opinion is worthless according to these stupid Cubans who you guessed it also picking a Cuban Like there is a difference the thing is we break it down they just cry then pick their countrymen.

boxers trouble gamboa mikey would systematically break him down and stop him late.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 01:45 AM   #43
Run It
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

too soon to make that assumption. let's see him get past Salido, Gamboa, or Russell first, then you can talk.
Run It is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #44
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run It View Post

too soon to make that assumption. let's see him get past Salido, Gamboa, or Russell first, then you can talk.
if Arum feeds Donaire to Mikey, he'll get in the top 5
Old 01-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #45
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

what yall think now

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum