Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #16
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: How to beat Anderson Silva (HILARIOUS!)

Rainmaker is an absolute mong.
Flea Man is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #17
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

C'mon guys, this a fun stay busy fight until GSP comes back, nowt more than that
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
Peter__1987

vCash:

GSP/Anderson will be ****ing epic beyond belief.

The 2 recognised P4P fighters laying it all on the line to see who is number one, THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!!!!

Are you listening Floyd Mayweather you little bitch?
Old 10-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #19
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

GSP will get annihilated inside a round.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
GSP will get annihilated inside a round.
Wow. GSP has not as much as lost a single round since the first BJ Penn fight(except the Serra fluke). Saying anybody will annihilate him inside 1 round is very bold. It can happen, anything can happen, but it's still a bit far fetched to state for sure that it WILL happen. I wouldn't be surprised if GSP is able to get Anderson to the ground, and quite easily. He is faster and more explosive then Chael Sonnen, and has fought the very best wrestlers the UFC has to offer and handled them easily.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #21
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I've not been convinced by George for a little while and I'm still yet to see how much of his explosiveness he has retained.

Silva is just the better fighter.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #22
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Jon Jones beat the HELL out of Bonnar for 3 rounds, hit him with spinning elbows, knees, bodyshots, Judo threw the **** outta him, ground and pounded his ass to **** and STILL couldn't finish him.

NO ONE and i do mean NO ONE can finish stephan bonnar "when they want" he has a legitimite claim at being the toughest mother****er in UFC history.
What did I tell you!! Wanna eat some humble pie now??
rainmaker is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #23
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
Seriously now, it's gonna be a one sided beat down. Silva has probably been asked to push it out a few rounds, but truth is he could likely finish it when he wants. Bonner is nowhere near Silva's league, and he's been in many tough fights, I can see him getting cracked bad here.

That's basically the point, this isn't a fight they can sell, even the UFC top brass know this, thats why they are going this way with it. But looking at the bigger picture, these kinds of fights won't win the organisation many new fans. And there are starting to be far too many mismatches.

Don't get me wrong, i've been watching MMA for a long time, but the talent pool in the UFC is nowhere near where it should be. Yes injuries have taken it#s toll but still you find the title fight match ups too, is a kind of merry go round of past challengers only ever being a fight or two away from another shot because there is no one there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Rainmaker is an absolute mong.
Really? or did I just call that ****ing fight spot on??

Last edited by rainmaker; 10-14-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #24
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

What's even more funny is that the outcome is exactly how Bonnar envisioned himself in that skit - completely destroyed without much effort from Silva.

No disrespect with Bonnar. He is one of my faves. I'm laughing with him.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 06:06 AM   #25
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
That's basically the point, this isn't a fight they can sell, even the UFC top brass know this, thats why they are going this way with it. But looking at the bigger picture, these kinds of fights won't win the organisation many new fans. And there are starting to be far too many mismatches.
The original main event was Aldo defending his title against Koch. That's a good fight.

Koch got injured, and they moved Frankie Edgar in. That's a good fight too, maybe even a better fight.

Aldo got injured, and for main event #3, on less than one month's notice, they found Anderson and Bonnar.

And by the way, everybody expected Anderson to win, he's the p4p #1 and quite possibly the GOAT. So you can quit acting smug that you called the result. Because in fact you didn't call the result. You covered your ass. If Anderson had taken a while to warm up and won in the 2nd or 3rd round or taken a decision, you would have claimed that Zuffa "asked him to push it out a few rounds" like you also predicted.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #26
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
What's even more funny is that the outcome is exactly how Bonnar envisioned himself in that skit - completely destroyed without much effort from Silva.

No disrespect with Bonnar. He is one of my faves. I'm laughing with him.

And respect to Forrest too, for being able to make himself the butt of the joke.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #27
Abertawe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1264

Quote:
NO ONE and i do mean NO ONE can finish stephan bonnar "when they want" he has a legitimite claim at being the toughest mother****er in UFC history.
Abertawe is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #28
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Eat your words sir You know nothing of what separates elite fighters from the rest.
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 06:47 AM   #29
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
The original main event was Aldo defending his title against Koch. That's a good fight.

Koch got injured, and they moved Frankie Edgar in. That's a good fight too, maybe even a better fight.

Aldo got injured, and for main event #3, on less than one month's notice, they found Anderson and Bonnar.

And by the way, everybody expected Anderson to win, he's the p4p #1 and quite possibly the GOAT. So you can quit acting smug that you called the result. Because in fact you didn't call the result. You covered your ass. If Anderson had taken a while to warm up and won in the 2nd or 3rd round or taken a decision, you would have claimed that Zuffa "asked him to push it out a few rounds" like you also predicted.

What I called was that Silva would finish him whenever he decides to do so and I read many comments saying how tough Bonnar is and how Silva can't finish him because no one had stopped him. Well I was pointing out that this toughness was never going to work against Silva as he simply clowned Bonnar, gave him free hits and when he got bored of playing he closed the show in brutal fashion.

Your chum Peter ends up with egg on his face and has since disappeared. You were both trying to say it was going to be a tough fight, but I told you it would be piss easy for the Spider.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #30
Peter__1987

vCash:

Thought it would be a tougher fight for Anderson than it turned out to be, I never said he couldn't finish Stephan what I was implying was that it would be very tough for him to do so, I thought it would go to a decision.

Obviously I was wrong.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum