Yes 28 23.33%
No 92 76.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2012, 01:12 AM   #106
Icanteach2005
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 359
Default Re: Chavez jr "Andre Ward is the fight I want" "If no Martinez rematch I go up to 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by locard View Post
Chavez is too ballsy for his own good, he wasn't ready for Martinez yet and he sure as hell ain't ready for Ward.

I'd expect Chavez to fight much more agressively agaisnt Ward than he did against Sergio, since Chavez wont respect Ward's puny power at all. However, Ward would frustrate his attacks all night with his trademark holding & hitting tactics and occassional slickness and win a wide UD, specially if the fight takes place in JOakland
....... u mad..... Ward just made the 175 kingpin quit.. so Wards not lacking any Power.. You are right about one thing.. Jr is asking for way more than he can handle by fighting Ward..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
His power will be more as he won't need to cut that extra 8 lbs. He's a natural SMW right now. But he's still growing. I see him being successful all the way up to 175 where I think his 190lb frame will top off.

As for having NOTHING but power. Nah.......He's a relentless body puncher. Unless his opponent has serious power to keep him off, or is lightning fast to slip his shot and has excellent footwork to work off the ropes.....he's gonna beat them to the body.
As Jr goes up his Power will start to match the bigger bodies he is facing.. he is not beating up on little guys anymore fighting at 168 and 175.. so the power advantage he had at 160 is no more.. Everything else about Jr game many fighters at 168 and 175 do better..

Ward would love an inside War with Chavez.. we all saw How Chad Dawson lost half of his ****en face late in the Fight from Ward Uppercuts against the ropes.. Jr is not a factor against the big boys at 168 and 175..
Icanteach2005 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2012, 04:54 AM   #107
Skittlez
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Chavez jr "Andre Ward is the fight I want" "If no Martinez rematch I go up to 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icanteach2005 View Post
....... u mad..... Ward just made the 175 kingpin quit.. so Wards not lacking any Power.. You are right about one thing.. Jr is asking for way more than he can handle by fighting Ward..

As Jr goes up his Power will start to match the bigger bodies he is facing.. he is not beating up on little guys anymore fighting at 168 and 175.. so the power advantage he had at 160 is no more.. Everything else about Jr game many fighters at 168 and 175 do better..

Ward would love an inside War with Chavez.. we all saw How Chad Dawson lost half of his ****en face late in the Fight from Ward Uppercuts against the ropes.. Jr is not a factor against the big boys at 168 and 175..

Maybe. Or maybe because he won't have to drain himself anymore, he will become more powerful and shit.
Skittlez is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #108
Heavy Handed
I keep planets in orbit
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy408 View Post
ummm... my girl was doing a photoshoot at a local gym for Knoxx and I thought it would be a cool pic for me to look knocked out by my knockout gf

if you don't believe that. the correct answer is i don't know.

on a related note, I also commend Jr. for going for the tougher fights. At least he's going for exciting fights we want to see. I wish all boxers thought the same way and had his hunger.
Good gawd, well it is fantastic man!
Heavy Handed is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #109
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
Julio Cesar Chavez ‏@jcchavezjr1
I would like the Martinez rematch. It'd be a good fight. If not, I'll move up to 168. There I'll be physically complete.

Julio Cesar Chavez ‏@jcchavezjr1
Ward is the fight I want.

at 168 he will be a monster.
Why in the **** would Ward duck a guy who's a dream stylistic match up for him?
Pimp C is online now  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #110
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP

Chavez Jr. is easy work for Ward he will school Jr. worse than Martinez did. This has the potential to be about as much of a clinic that Winky-Tito or PBF-Chico was. I'm talking about a boxing lesson of the highest order that could go down as the biggest clinic of this era.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #111
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
Chavez Jr. is easy work for Ward he will school Jr. worse than Martinez did. This has the potential to be about as much of a clinic that Winky-Tito or PBF-Chico was. I'm talking about a boxing lesson of the highest order that could go down as the biggest clinic of this era.
I honestly can not see Chavez winning 10 seconds of this fight
I dont think his team will let him fight Ward they know he will be destroyed, but maybe he is that stubborn so he makes them get him a Ward fight.
FilipMNE is online now  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #112
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMNE View Post
I honestly can not see Chavez winning 10 seconds of this fight
I dont think his team will let him fight Ward they know he will be destroyed, but maybe he is that stubborn so he makes them get him a Ward fight.
I admire his balls but Jr's team shouldn't let him within 3 timezones of Ward.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #113
Dipset
Dipset4Ever
ESB Addict

vCash: 639

Cinco de Mayo...baby
Dipset is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #114
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528

Are they going to give Jr. a gun? shit, Ward probably take that off him and shoot him with it.
Atlanta is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #115
Skittlez
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
Tell us more.
Skittlez is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #116
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta View Post
Are they going to give Jr. a gun? shit, Ward probably take that off him and shoot him with it.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #117
SHADOW BOX
SHADOW BOX
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sergio Martinez "TAKE THE TEST Jr or no rematch, you are not clean, you damage bo

I still think that money wise, ***y needs jr more than jr needs sergio. Jr can fight a bum and make money; if Sergio fights a bum, no one outside the hardcore fans will watch.
SHADOW BOX is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #118
$uckaPunch41510

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM22 View Post
Will Ward leave his hometown?
no why should he?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 10-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #119
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Sergio Martinez "TAKE THE TEST Jr or no rematch, you are not clean, you damage bo

Ward would make him look silly... DOMINATION
Barrera is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 05:07 AM   #120
Skittlez
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW BOX View Post
I still think that money wise, ***y needs jr more than jr needs sergio. Jr can fight a bum and make money; if Sergio fights a bum, no one outside the hardcore fans will watch.
Great point.

I think that a 168 move might not be as bad for Jr as people say though. Maybe getting to 160 and doing all that stuff to his body really does effect his performance.
Skittlez is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum