Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #31
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Showtime close to ending Strikeforce deal, promotion could fold soon

Didnt read
Stoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #32
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Showtime close to ending Strikeforce deal, promotion could fold soon

How can anyone think that a 5-3 guy, that was GIVEN a title shot because of his WWE FAME and manage to make the most title defence in the WEAKEST weight division of the UFC is beyond me.

That's not hate Faggis, that is being objective.

You COULD have an argument if Lesnar was UNKNOWN before he fought in the UFC, manage to get a title shot with 3 fight under is belt and defend it twice against Mir(a season veteran) and Carwin(a legit prospect).

Everything you are saying here is because of VINCE ****IN MCMON.

BTW Faggis, don't you think that Dana should give half the UFC profit since they are popular because of Lesnar and he is popular because of the WWE ??

And next time, try reading the whole post before you start responding to it, mayeb then you won't miss important part of the post...
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #33
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

If you really want to know his answer to that Nev, use the search function and read the dozens of posts on the issue

This is a Strikeforce thread...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #34
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
How can anyone think that a 5-3 guy, that was GIVEN a title shot because of his WWE FAME and manage to make the most title defence in the WEAKEST weight division of the UFC is beyond me.

That's not hate Faggis, that is being objective.

You COULD have an argument if Lesnar was UNKNOWN before he fought in the UFC, manage to get a title shot with 3 fight under is belt and defend it twice against Mir(a season veteran) and Carwin(a legit prospect).
So if he had exactly the same career path but wasn't as FAMOUS, he'd have a shot at the Hall of FAME.

And anyway, I thought that two posts ago, Brock had "shitty title defences"?

Now half an hour later they are legit and worthy for HOF discussion on their own merits?

Listen to what you are saying. You argue like a woman. You totally contradict yourself in your "objective" post, everything is about what you feel instead of what you think, and there's no logic or line of reasoning at all.

Anyway, enough of this shit. This is a Strikeforce thread, after all.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #35
Ne5ville14
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
So if he had exactly the same career path but wasn't as FAMOUS, he'd have a shot at the Hall of FAME.

And anyway, I thought that two posts ago, Brock had "shitty title defences"?

Now half an hour later they are legit and worthy for HOF discussion on their own merits?

Listen to what you are saying. You argue like a woman. You totally contradict yourself in your "objective" post, everything is about what you feel instead of what you think, and there's no logic or line of reasoning at all.

Anyway, enough of this shit. This is a Strikeforce thread, after all.

Yeah you right, if you can't understand the wiki argument, I don't think you can understand this one either...
Old 10-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #36
Ne5ville14
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
If you really want to know his answer to that Nev, use the search function and read the dozens of posts on the issue

This is a Strikeforce thread...

Yeah sorry, next time I won't say anything, but any thread involved with Haggis always turn to shit in the MMA section anyway !
Old 10-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #37
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

It's a Hall of Fame, not a Hall of Excellence or a Hall of Ability. HOFs, in any walk of life, will be full of people who weren't the best but were incredibly popular. Gatti will get into the IBHOF and the fact is, despite never being an elite fighter, he deserves to be in there for all the positives he gave boxing.

Lesnar wasn't a great fighter and doesn't have an impressive record. He belongs in the HOF though.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 03:14 AM   #38
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Following a sport for circa 10 years isn't a noob and trying to pull rank is never a cool thing. The sport isn't in decline and you'll spout this off for years to come.

I agree that if SF close its door it isn't a good thing. I'm all for a ruling major organisation but the smaller orgs are needed to breed competition.

Many will come and many will go just like promotions in boxing. We still have a thirst to watch a good fight but these businesses are being run poorly and thats what it comes down to.
You're deluded if you think MMA's star isn't waning. The numbers speak for themself. This has been a consistent trend for nearly the best part of a year now. Its the UFCs way or no way. There's no room for small orgs in the West so you can forget about that. As for businesses being run poorly i don't buy that. In the early days there were many promotions where fighters had plenty of choice. Now there is only ONE major Org left. The rest including the likes of Bellator in the West are semi-irrelevant, and that includes bush leagues. Whether you want to believe it or not casual fans ARE walking way from this sport in droves.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 05:02 AM   #39
globeman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1300

Quote:
Whether you want to believe it or not casual fans ARE walking way from this sport in droves.
Do you expect them to flock to Boxing because that will not happen. I dont know your stance but I get the impression alot of Boxing fans want MMA to fail so boxing can regain the spotlight, thats not going to happen.
globeman is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #40
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

**** it...

Cody McKenzie should be on $5000000 a fight

Stoo is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #41
Ne5ville14
ESB Addict

**** that Stoo....all UFC fighter should get 30% ownership of the UFC !!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #42
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by globeman View Post
Do you expect them to flock to Boxing because that will not happen. I dont know your stance but I get the impression alot of Boxing fans want MMA to fail so boxing can regain the spotlight, thats not going to happen.
What are you on about? I never said any such thing so why even mention it?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #43
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post

To some people it's ALWAYS MMA vs Boxing.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #44
globeman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Because it seems a common trend.
globeman is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #45
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
**** it...

Cody McKenzie should be on $5000000 a fight

Not 5 million a fight. But he's in the UFC, so Dana should obviously be paying him enough cash that he can put stacks of it away for retirement, otherwise Cody is getting robbed.

And Cheick Kongo, even though he gets no respect on here whatsoever, should CERTAINLY be a multi-millionaire. He should be earning at least a million for every fight. He risks his health for us, he fights all the top heavyweights, so he should not need to worry about earning money once his UFC career is done. He is a good enough fighter that Dana should bankroll the rest of his life.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum