Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #46
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The official STEPHAN BONNAR express!!!!!

I actually think with his toughness, decent chin, cardio and size he would have some chance. The fact he is a complete company man makes me think he has NO chance. Not saying he's been told to lose but, well actually I wouldn't be surprised if he has been told to lose.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2012, 07:05 AM   #47
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
I actually think with his toughness, decent chin, cardio and size he would have some chance. The fact he is a complete company man makes me think he has NO chance. Not saying he's been told to lose but, well actually I wouldn't be surprised if he has been told to lose.
Are you kidding? seriously? do you honestly think a warrior like Bonnar would accept being TOLD to lose?

And why the would the UFC feel the need to do that anyway? Anderson is what, 15-0 in the UFC? why would they suddenly need to start telling his opponents to throw fights?

"Ok yeah, Anderson you NEVER lose you ALWAYS win no matter what but we're thinking of uhm, asking your opponent to throw this fight"

Come on, that's stupid beyond belief.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #48
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Bonnar is tough enough, big enough and will be motivated enough that if Anderson wipes him out Forrest-style, it won't be a case of "of course, Bonnar is shit" but "wow, nobody fights like Anderson."

And if Bonnar puts in his career-best performance and Anderson is off his game, he could be a live dog.

Plus, no matter what, Bonnar will step up and give it his best effort. He'll be in Anderson's face trying his best to win the fight, until Anderson stops him or 15 minutes are up. And that's something you can't say about quite a few of Silva's opponents.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #49
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

It's a 5 rounder is it not?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #50
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
It's a 5 rounder is it not?
Nope, a 3 rounder I believe, which is tremendous news for Bonnar's chances.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #51
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1449

Surely it's 5 rounds.... all main events are 5 rounds now. Why would it be a 3 rounder?

Lynchburg
Lynchburg is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #52
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

It's 3 rounds because of the short notice.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #53
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
It's 3 rounds because of the short notice.
That's fair in this case.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #54
globeman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1300

globeman is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #55
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Stephan Bonnar is gonna make it a dog fight.. I think he pummels Silva against the cage and possibly drags em' to the mat in that opening round.

He will either be punched out in the 2nd round, or have the crowd on their feet and Anderson Silva sucking wind by the end of that 2nd round.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #56
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Stephan Bonnar is gonna make it a dog fight.. I think he pummels Silva against the cage and possibly drags em' to the mat in that opening round.

He will either be punched out in the 2nd round, or have the crowd on their feet and Anderson Silva sucking wind by the end of that 2nd round.
I think there's a decent chance of that happening.

One thing seems all but certain. Bonnar will be on Silva like stink on shit. And he must know that he can't stand and trade the whole fight, so I think you're right, he'll try to drag him down to the ground where he can better use his size. And Bonnar's ground game isn't spectacular, but he's hardly a noob.

If Anderson takes a while to get into his groove and Bonnar gets confident and starts thinking he can really do it, this could turn into a very interesting fight. A third round with a gassed Bonnar up on points and trying to contain a desperate Anderson could be extremely dramatic.

Or, if Anderson obliterates him in 90 seconds, I woud find that worthwhile as well. Say what you want about Bonnar's skill or dedication, but nobody strolls over the top of him. Jon Jones landed all his best shots and Bonnar went nowhere. In fact he came back and arguably won the 3rd round. If Anderson wipes the floor with Bonnar, that will only be yet another statement about Anderson's ability, not a case of Bonnar being found out.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #57
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

I'm actually more excited for this fight than I was for Chael 2.

Before Sonnen 2, I watched "Like Water", and it was totally clear that Anderson was nowhere near peak fighting form leading into the fight. Physically and mentally Chael got the weakest possible Anderson in the first fight. I hadn't appreciated the extent of Anderson's injury or negative mindset before I saw the doco. Or, perhaps, the benefit of Chael's extra testosterone.

Second time around Anderson was always going to be much better. Plus I was very dubious about Sonnen's weight-cut guy and his boasting that his revolutionary technique could have 35 year old Chael cutting 80 pounds in the twenty minutes before the weigh-in, with no ill effects. And sure enough, at the weigh-in Chael looked like a skeleton. His face was drawn, he didn't look confident, and in the fight he was completely out of gas after one round.

With Bonnar, obviously you still expect Anderson to win, but it's a lot more "WTF is going to happen in there?" type fight.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #58
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
I think there's a decent chance of that happening.

One thing seems all but certain. Bonnar will be on Silva like stink on shit. And he must know that he can't stand and trade the whole fight, so I think you're right, he'll try to drag him down to the ground where he can better use his size. And Bonnar's ground game isn't spectacular, but he's hardly a noob.

If Anderson takes a while to get into his groove and Bonnar gets confident and starts thinking he can really do it, this could turn into a very interesting fight. A third round with a gassed Bonnar up on points and trying to contain a desperate Anderson could be extremely dramatic.

Or, if Anderson obliterates him in 90 seconds, I woud find that worthwhile as well. Say what you want about Bonnar's skill or dedication, but nobody strolls over the top of him. Jon Jones landed all his best shots and Bonnar went nowhere. In fact he came back and arguably won the 3rd round. If Anderson wipes the floor with Bonnar, that will only be yet another statement about Anderson's ability, not a case of Bonnar being found out.

Imagine that

Quote:
I'm actually more excited for this fight than I was for Chael 2.
Me too!

Quote:
With Bonnar, obviously you still expect Anderson to win, but it's a lot more "WTF is going to happen in there?" type fight.

Definitely.. Another prediction is that Anderson Silva attempts a Thai clinch in the opening round, but realizes Bonnar is one heluva fighter to try and contain!
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #59
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Silva the can crusher
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #60
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

CHOO CHOO
Atlanta is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum