Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
Enigma1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Carl Froch having a sly dig at Amir khan during this interview......thoughts?

The link starts at where they talk about Khan and his new ventures.

I know it's not new for these two to go back and forth with insults, but I get a feeling Froch is pissed off about Khan, maybe for the comment Khan made when Froch said he'd retire if he was in Khan's position. But anyway, here's the link:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Enigma1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Chappy112
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3000
Default Re: Carl Froch having a sly dig at Amir khan during this interview......thoughts?

Hahaha you have to love Froch, he speaks from the heart with everything he says. None of those politically right answers.
Chappy112 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #3
Enigma1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Carl Froch having a sly dig at Amir khan during this interview......thoughts?

The funniest part was when he said "Getting knocked out in spectacular fashion, like he usually does when he goes over" lmao.
Enigma1 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Froch has always been a bitter idiot.
iron_chin is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
Chappy112
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma1 View Post
The funniest part was when he said "Getting knocked out in spectacular fashion, like he usually does when he goes over" lmao.
Hahah yeah I laughed at that bit. There is clearly something between the two, I remember Froch on ringside saying about Khan thinking he's a superstar before the Garcia fight and something about Khan overlooking opponents I think.

Probably is a bit of jealousy from Froch but you can kind of see why, Froch puts everything into his Boxing and gets the absolutely maximum out of his abilities. He's fought competition unheard of before one after the other, he's always in great fights and yet Khan is way more popular and more well known.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Froch is just angry brcaise khan can be brutally ktfo 10 times and still make much more then him in fight purses and sponserships. Lets nit forget khan has just signed a multi fught deal with showtime, frochs former home, while foch is fighting on integrated ppv.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Nah, he didn't say anything wrong. I presume it's the bit where he says "he got knocked out in spectacular fashion, as he does when he goes over"? I think he's just simply saying when Khan gets hit, hurt or knocked down, it usually happens in a really bad way. Which he's right. In all of the occasions Khan's got himself into trouble, he takes horrendous shots.

His facial expressions when he said it were funny, though. Which, yeah, I suppose could be seen as a little dig. It's obvious the two still don't like each other.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #8
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He also cried when haye and hatton announced there comeback. As soon as they did his standings as most popular boxer in england probably probably dropped another few places. Hence the bitterness.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Oh shut up, Iron Chin. You're the one who's crying now.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #10
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Khan was very complimentary about Froch after the Bute fight, not sure what it is with them.
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #11
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Its the truth. Accept it.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #12
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattons Hook View Post
Khan was very complimentary about Froch after the Bute fight, not sure what it is with them.
Stems all the way back earlier on in their careers, when Froch was yearning for the Calzaghe fight and more mainstream attention. He was always bitter at the profile he and Khan were enjoying. Made a few comments, and they've disliked each other since.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #13
Chappy112
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattons Hook View Post
I'm a Froch fan but I definitely think it's the way Froch comes across sometimes, he was saying that if he got knocked out the way Amir did against Garcia he would retire so Khan got touchy about that.

I think it's a clash of ego's more than anything.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #14
Chappy112
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Stems all the way back earlier on in their careers, when Froch was yearning for the Calzaghe fight and more mainstream attention. He was always bitter at the profile he and Khan were enjoying. Made a few comments, and they've disliked each other since.
Wasn't Khan tweeting at Froch laughing at him when he lost to Kessler or something?
Old 10-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #15
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_chin View Post
Its the truth. Accept it.
It is, but you're coming across like an idiot again.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum