Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default MUNDINE CHALLENGES GEALE OFFICIALLY. offers to take the smaller purse!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

ANTHONY Mundine has dared Daniel Geale to put his two middleweight titles on the line and is even willing to take the lesser share of the purse for the first time in his career.

Mundine and unified champion Geale are in advanced negotiations for a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that could take place around Australia Day next year.
But "The Man" is convinced if the pair did meet the result would be the same as last time in 2009, when he prevailed by split decision to inflict the only loss on Geale's outstanding record.

"I am sick of people jumping on the Geale bandwagon, I feel he is no better than he was when I first fought him," Mundine said.
"Even though I did beat him, my preparation and mindset for that fight wasn't 100 per cent. But I took his belt that night, and I will take his belts again. The guy can't beat me, he will not beat me."

Nevertheless, Mundine - the only fighter in history to have all of his bouts televised on pay-per-view - is prepared to concede the lion's share of the takings to Geale to make the rematch happen.
"Sometimes you need to lose to win, so that is something we will discuss with his people," said Mundine, who has always commanded the bigger purse because of his drawing power.

"He has the two belts (WBA and IBF) so he is in a more powerful position but he doesn't sell. He won two world titles and flew back and there were 10 people at the airport.

"As far as him being champion, I am a better all-round fighter, I am a better athlete. He is a volume puncher. He throws 20 shots and might land one or two, but he looks busy. I am precise, clean. I don't waste my shots.
"I am the only one to have hurt him numerous times. I dropped him last time, hurt him to the body and head, and I am more confident in my boxing now than I was back then."
Mundine (44-4, 26 KO) wants [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] if they fight, rather than just his IBF belt, to ensure the winner becomes the unified middleweight champion of the world.

Since the loss to Mundine, Geale (28-1, 15 KO) has won seven in a row, including two world titles against Sebastian Sylvester and Felix Sturm in Germany - an unprecedented achievement by an overseas fighter.
Mundine, meanwhile, has campaigned without success for a showdown with Floyd Mayweather at light-middleweight. His options in the US have dried up and he sees the unified middleweight champion status as the perfect lure for Mayweather in future and is happy to fluctuate between the two weight divisions.

"I need this fight and Geale needs this fight, both for different reasons," Mundine said. "He is always going to have that loss on his record and he wants redemption.
"I am still gunning for Mayweather, and I will be in high demand as the unified champion."

Geale's camp would not comment.
swingin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: MUNDINE CHALLENGES GEALE OFFICIALLY. offers to take the smaller purse!

the stage is nearly set. arguably the biggest fight ever in australian boxing history. except for burns and johnson. 104 years ago......

some of darcys fights were probably bigger as boxing interest, and especially darcy was a daily houshold discussion.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300
Default Re: MUNDINE CHALLENGES GEALE OFFICIALLY. offers to take the smaller purse!

no means no choc...!!!
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Nobody wants Mundine after them so imagine a motivated Mundine coming after you.....

Geale and his 10 airport fans had better kiss the belts goodbye!

If Geale doesn't take this fight it is a DUCK plain and simple.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
swilson120
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Fkwit !!!!
swilson120 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
bruiserh

vCash:

**** he can talk!

"As far as him being champion, I am a better all-round fighter, I am a better athlete. He is a volume puncher. He throws 20 shots and might land one or two, but he looks busy. I am precise, clean. I don't waste my shots.
"I am the only one to have hurt him numerous times. I dropped him last time, hurt him to the body and head, and I am more confident in my boxing now than I was back then."

Ok then
Old 10-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Jesus he talks some shit. His actual earnings are based on sales, so there is no "purse" to speak of. And as this would be a boxa promo, he would take the majority cut. Trying to imply that he is making a concession to make this fight with Geale happen is laughable. Geale would be making the concession, giving Mundine a shot at his 2 belts when he hasnt earned it.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
The Spider

vCash:

Look who 'needs' the rematch now. The tables have been turned a full 360 degrees, and last time when the shoe was on the other foot there was no rematch granted. It won't be any more a duck if Geale turns Mundine down here than it was when Mundine turned Geale down in 2009.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #9
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Look who 'needs' the rematch now. The tables have been turned a full 360 degrees, and last time when the shoe was on the other foot there was no rematch granted. It won't be any more a duck if Geale turns Mundine down here than it was when Mundine turned Geale down in 2009.
Correct.

If this fight does happen, Geale will serve a life sentence in prison...

...For murder.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #10
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Correct.

If this fight does happen, Geale will serve a life sentence in prison...

...For murder.
There are no Ifs about it, Geale will fight, he has no better options, MArtinez is injured
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #11
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
There are no Ifs about it, Geale will fight, he has no better options, MArtinez is injured
You're probably right mate, but I won't be certain until I see them in the ring together.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #12
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
You're probably right mate, but I won't be certain until I see them in the ring together.
Will u be disappointed if Geale fights Choc again?
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #13
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Daniel Geale has far better options available to him than Anthony Mundine does

What's Mundine plan B, another fight off the strip in front of less than 300 paying customers?
Old 10-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #14
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Daniel Geale has far better options available to him than Anthony Mundine does

What's Mundine plan B, another fight off the strip in front of less than 300 paying customers?
Im not saying that he doesn;t but Mundine is still geales best option at the present time I think.
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #15
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Will u be disappointed if Geale fights Choc again?
To some extent, yes.
But I can understand the logic.
Sox is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum