Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #106
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 496
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Froch is an active fighter. Ive never seen you partake in a boxing debate, ever. There's something very off kilter about you.
You know nothing about me you complete tit. At least I'm not a rambling alcoholic.
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #107
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassJaw***ist View Post
You know nothing about me you complete tit. At least I'm not a rambling alcoholic.
No need to throw mud now is there? I know your history here and that you've been posting the same jargon for donkeys years.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #108
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
No need to throw mud now is there? I know your history here and that you've been posting the same jargon for donkeys years.
You attempt a slight on my character and don't expect one back.

I am often quoted as being one of the best experts in boxing forum history. That is iron-clad irrefutable fact.

And how would you know about my ESB history? Are you an alt of a banned poster, or possibly someone who was viciously flogged from the forum and have come back under a new guise via a misguided mission of redemption?
Old 10-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #109
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassJaw***ist View Post
You attempt a slight on my character and don't expect one back.

I am often quoted as being one of the best experts in boxing forum history. That is iron-clad irrefutable fact.

And how would you know about my ESB history? Are you an alt of a banned poster, or possibly someone who was viciously flogged from the forum and have come back under a new guise via a misguided mission of redemption?
Eveybody is an alt around here, haven't you heard. How can you be so obtuse?
Old 10-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #110
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Eveybody is an alt around here, haven't you heard. How can you be so obtuse?
Completely ducked the question I see.

A trait of a well-known troll who used to get flogged from pillar to post by all and sundry, until he lost the plot completely.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #111
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

That chap used love Manny. Im a Mayweather fan.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #112
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
You say I am living in a fantasy land?

You truck, we are discussing a fantasy boxing match between Carl Froch and Joe Calzaghe. There is no right or wrong answer but we have to try and be as reasonable as possible. I have given my reasons. You have given yours.

Magee fights cautiously, Pascal has a iron chin, and Taylor is a boxer who fights on the backfoot at times. Calzaghe is a come forward fighter.

Calzaghe's style and Froch's style would only complement each other. Froch would have his moments.

Do you think Calzaghe can hurt Froch?
IMO Froch can hurt Calzaghe if he lands a flush cork screw uppercut. But IMO, there is no way Calzaghe would hurt Froch, he may overwhelm Froch with a barrage of flurries but wont hurt Froch at all.
yeah, i'm saying you live in a fantasy land. especially when you claim that froch could knock calzaghe out based on the success of jones, mitchell, hopkins, and salim knocking him down. none of them knocked him out. none of them have the style that froch had. so no, froch wouldn't finish joe off if he had him hurt, because he wouldn't hurt him.

so yeah, you're deluded.

calzaghe wouldn't need to adapt to froch as there's nothing to adapt to. froch is wide open. joe wouldn't have any problems with that style what so ever.

no one is right? i think i'm a whole lot more right than you are based on the discussion we've had. you talk complete crap.

calzaghe is a whole lot more than a come forward fighter. he's a natural counter puncher. he does both very well. froch doesn't.

they don't compliment each other at all. calzaghe is carls worst nightmare. the style is all wrong for him. anyone with a brain can see that accept you!

yes, calzaghe could hurt froch. i think it would take about six rounds, though. with the amount of shots that joe would land he has to hurt froch eventually. i don't think it would come from the one shot, but i never said that it would in the first place.

fighters who hit harder than carl have landed flush but haven't come close to hurting joe. you're reading too much into the knock downs that happened to joe.

taylor knocked froch down, do you think he really hurt him, though? because i don't. knock downs happen, it's a ****ing fight for crying out loud.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #113
Barry Smith
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Kessler broke his hand in the build up to the Calzaghe fight meaning he could not train properly. It was not properly healed and it went again in the 5th round, up untill which Kessler was winning the fight.

Now Kessler beat Froch, but Froch was suffering from a debilitating back injury whilst Kessler (unlike against Calzaghe) was 100% fit, and the fight was still 50/50 and could have gone either way.

Calzaghe was the product of a carefully manufactured career, cherry picking and some good luck. All things being equal, Froch knocks him out by about the 10th.
Barry Smith is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #114
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Calzaghe cannot knockdown Froch (bar a very lucky punch for a flash knockdown), sorry if it hurts to hear that impartiality. Cal can land enough to tear Froch's skin, but it woud occur very late in the fight, given Cals extremely low hit rate to punches thrown ratio.

Froch might get hurt psychologically if he cant catch Cal, it might take thewind out of his sails a bit.

These are the ways I can see Joe hurting Froch, but a normal knockdown isnt one of them.

Froch will of course have difficulty catching Joe flush, Joe was wise to getting into battles when he primed up later in his career. But its not something you can rule out at all.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #115
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
yeah, i'm saying you live in a fantasy land. especially when you claim that froch could knock calzaghe out based on the success of jones, mitchell, hopkins, and salim knocking him down. none of them knocked him out. none of them have the style that froch had. so no, froch wouldn't finish joe off if he had him hurt, because he wouldn't hurt him.
You think Froch cant hurt Calzaghe? Salem hurt Calzaghe, Mitchell did. Eubank did. But you think Froch cant.

Quote:
calzaghe wouldn't need to adapt to froch as there's nothing to adapt to. froch is wide open. joe wouldn't have any problems with that style what so ever.
You really dont rate Carl Froch at all do you. Froch isnt a caveman fighter, Amatuer World bronze medalist has a good jab when he uses it.

Froch vs Kessler: See the opening rounds, both fighters are trying to establish their jab. Froch began winning the battle of the jabs and hence Kessler took the initiative and got aggressive leading to a fantastic tare up.

How can you say the following=

Quote:
calzaghe wouldn't need to adapt to froch as there's nothing to adapt to.
As if Froch isnt even there. . Carl Froch would be a problem to deal with. Calzaghe is a come forward fighter, so is Froch, there would be times when both exchange. As this is the case whenever two come forward fighters get it on.

Quote:
no one is right? i think i'm a whole lot more right than you are based on the discussion we've had. you talk complete crap.
Listen son:-

I said Calzaghe would most probably UD Froch, but it would be a close fight. Froch would have his moments.

I also said if Froch stuns Calzaghe which is a possibility not a guarantee, then I think Froch can possibly get a TKO because he is a good finisher.

You on the other hand are saying Calzaghe would wipe the floor with Carl Froch.

Quote:
calzaghe is a whole lot more than a come forward fighter. he's a natural counter puncher. he does both very well. froch doesn't.

Since when is Calzaghe a counter puncher?

Quote:
they don't compliment each other at all. calzaghe is carls worst nightmare. the style is all wrong for him. anyone with a brain can see that accept you!
Tell me how would Calzaghe nullify Froch's jab from the range Froch threw it?

Quote:
yes, calzaghe could hurt froch.

Calzaghe doesn't hurt much of his opponents. He overwhelms them. Froch has a cast iron jaw and it would take a major hitter to hurt him.

Quote:
fighters who hit harder than carl have landed flush but haven't come close to hurting joe. you're reading too much into the knock downs that happened to joe.

taylor knocked froch down, do you think he really hurt him, though? because i don't. knock downs happen, it's a ****ing fight for crying out loud.
Froch has a better chin than Calzaghe. Calzaghe has been shaken up more than Froch has.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #116
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You dont see Calzaghe's performance phased by the knock in any way and see him carrying on full speed like nothing happened?
looks like i missed this one.

did calzaghe carry on after he got knocked down like nothing happened? hmmm, let me think.

mitchell: came storming back and dropped him whilst byron was looking for the finish. over in the next round.

salim: got up and continued to have an ugly fight with him. nothing changed there.

hopkins: got up and continued to press the fight.

jones: got put down, then waited for jones to step in to close the show. but jones knew that he wasn't that hurt so eased off in case he got caught himself. calzaghe came right back to clown jones.

so no, joe wasn't fazed by getting knocked down. watch as many fighters as you can to see how they react after being put on the floor. do you see them handling it as well as joe?

joe recovered in an instant. people have commented many times at how fast he comes back after being put down. and it's always in a positive way, not a negative.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #117
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
calzaghe wouldn't need to adapt to froch as there's nothing to adapt to.
This is the dumbest comment I have read so far. If Carl Froch is in the ring then best believe there will most definitely be a problem to adapt to. Froch aint just going to stand there like Peter Manfredo, he will try and box, if he cant box he would try and brawl, Froch is a warrior.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #118
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You think Froch cant hurt Calzaghe? Salem hurt Calzaghe, Mitchell did. Eubank did. But you think Froch cant.

You really dont rate Carl Froch at all do you. Froch isnt a caveman fighter, Amatuer World bronze medalist has a good jab when he uses it.

Froch vs Kessler: See the opening rounds, both fighters are trying to establish their jab. Froch began winning the battle of the jabs and hence Kessler took the initiative and got aggressive leading to a fantastic tare up.

How can you say the following=

As if Froch isnt even there. . Carl Froch would be a problem to deal with. Calzaghe is a come forward fighter, so is Froch, there would be times when both exchange. As this is the case whenever two come forward fighters get it on.

Listen son:-

I said Calzaghe would most probably UD Froch, but it would be a close fight. Froch would have his moments.

I also said if Froch stuns Calzaghe which is a possibility not a guarantee, then I think Froch can possibly get a TKO because he is a good finisher.

You on the other hand are saying Calzaghe would wipe the floor with Carl Froch.

Since when is Calzaghe a counter puncher?

Tell me how would Calzaghe nullify Froch's jab from the range Froch threw it?

Calzaghe doesn't hurt much of his opponents. He overwhelms them. Froch has a cast iron jaw and it would take a major hitter to hurt him.

Froch has a better chin than Calzaghe. Calzaghe has been shaken up more than Froch has.
ahh, you're back. missed you then.

right, lets see...

none of those fighters hurt joe. they put him down, but i wouldn't say hurt. think you need to see some fight where the fighter is actually hurt... you'll see a huge difference.

i don't rate froch? get the **** out of here. i rate him big. he's done a lot with what he's got. i'm also a big fan so there's no bias like there is with you. you hate calzaghe so the bias is there.

joe fought kessler when he was at his absolute best. when froch fought him he was coming off a loss and was pretty mangled. he still had enough to beat froch though.

i'm not saying froch won't land anything what so ever in the fight, i'm saying he wouldn't be that successful due to their styles. it's pretty easy to see this. calzaghe has so much more to his game than carl does. that's not even up for discussion, it's a fact.

don't call me son.

it wouldn't be close at all. why don't you put a poll up and see what everyone else has to say? i'm sure you'll be laughed off here.

the other fighters were also good finishers, they came nowhere near to stopping him. you're living in cloud coo coo land.

calzaghe WOULD wipe the floor with froch. it's most peoples opinion. check it out if you don't believe me.

since when has calzaghe been a counter puncher?

the jab of froch is easy to time. ward had no problem what so ever with it.

and i said it would take an accumulation of shots, not just one. how many times would you like me to say this?

i'd say they are pretty even in the chin department.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #119
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
This is the dumbest comment I have read so far. If Carl Froch is in the ring then best believe there will most definitely be a problem to adapt to. Froch aint just going to stand there like Peter Manfredo, he will try and box, if he cant box he would try and brawl, Froch is a warrior.
you're ****ing crazy, man. seriously.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #120
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
ahh, you're back. missed you then.

right, lets see...

none of those fighters hurt joe. they put him down, but i wouldn't say hurt. think you need to see some fight where the fighter is actually hurt... you'll see a huge difference.

i don't rate froch? get the **** out of here. i rate him big. he's done a lot with what he's got. i'm also a big fan so there's no bias like there is with you. you hate calzaghe so the bias is there.

joe fought kessler when he was at his absolute best. when froch fought him he was coming off a loss and was pretty mangled. he still had enough to beat froch though.

i'm not saying froch won't land anything what so ever in the fight, i'm saying he wouldn't be that successful due to their styles. it's pretty easy to see this. calzaghe has so much more to his game than carl does. that's not even up for discussion, it's a fact.

don't call me son.

it wouldn't be close at all. why don't you put a poll up and see what everyone else has to say? i'm sure you'll be laughed off here.

the other fighters were also good finishers, they came nowhere near to stopping him. you're living in cloud coo coo land.

calzaghe WOULD wipe the floor with froch. it's most peoples opinion. check it out if you don't believe me.

since when has calzaghe been a counter puncher?

the jab of froch is easy to time. ward had no problem what so ever with it.

and i said it would take an accumulation of shots, not just one. how many times would you like me to say this?

i'd say they are pretty even in the chin department.
This is where we differ, and this is what the thread is about.

You think Calzaghe would wipe the floor with Froch. I think Froch would be a proble for Calzaghe, but Calzaghe would make adjustments and cruise to a UD win.

Froch is no Lacy, Froch has the physical advantages over Calzaghe.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum