Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #31
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300
Default Re: MUNDINE CHALLENGES GEALE OFFICIALLY. offers to take the smaller purse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
Geale not fighting Golovkin has everything to do with HBO and nothing to do with not wanting to fight him.
Yep that's true hbo dont want these guys fighting and they have a big dislike for choc...that's why there is no comment from geales team..they've been told
U fight choc or contemplate a fight with him then we'll write u off...
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #32
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700
Default Re: MUNDINE CHALLENGES GEALE OFFICIALLY. offers to take the smaller purse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
To some extent, yes.
But I can understand the logic.
Same with me but the money would be tempting. Can the Golovkin mandatory be stalled? Geale has to fight him by Dec 31 and Soliman by I don't know what date. Australia day is the 26th of January Soliman can be payed step aside money he's a boxing prostitute but I don't think both belts is possible unless Golovkin agrees to wait.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #33
like a boss
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
Geale not fighting Golovkin has everything to do with HBO and nothing to do with not wanting to fight him.
This seems to be the case.
like a boss is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #34
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
Yep that's true hbo dont want these guys fighting and they have a big dislike for choc...that's why there is no comment from geales team..they've been told
Y do they have a big dislike for choc? I'm a big fan of geale and to me I don't think he likes the idea of fighting golovkin at this stage. Geale has the titles now so he gets to pick and choose who he fights. To me if he turns down this much money, he must be worried that mundine would win. Some on here think he doesn't deserve a chance but after already beaten geale and already beaten geales mandatory in soliman 3 times. Geale would make more money from
This fight then any other fight out there for him. I say **** hbo let's see them fight.
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #35
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooboys View Post
Y do they have a big dislike for choc? I'm a big fan of geale and to me I don't think he likes the idea of fighting golovkin at this stage. Geale has the titles now so he gets to pick and choose who he fights. To me if he turns down this much money, he must be worried that mundine would win. Some on here think he doesn't deserve a chance but after already beaten geale and already beaten geales mandatory in soliman 3 times. Geale would make more money from
This fight then any other fight out there for him. I say **** hbo let's see them fight.
Well Mundine did dog the rematch in 2009 and now Geale has something he wants he's crawling back. Geale is well within his rights to tell Mundine to go **** himself.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #36
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post

Mundine and unified champion Geale are in advanced negotiations
So advanced are negotiations that "The Pioneer" has to publicly offer to take the lesser of the purse......

Desperation.......fight aint gonna happen me thinks.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #37
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Well Mundine did dog the rematch in 2009 and now Geale has something he wants he's crawling back. Geale is well within his rights to tell Mundine to go **** himself.
He is if u look at it like that. But if u were in geales position would u turn down let's say 3 mill and a chance to get revenge on the only bloke on record that has a win against u ? Logical geale has gotten better. Mundine probably worse. I can't see anyone turning down this offer unless his worried that mundine will beat him.
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #38
like a boss
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
So advanced are negotiations that "The Pioneer" has to publicly offer to take the lesser of the purse......

Desperation.......
I read into it the same way.
like a boss is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #39
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I don't think HBO care if he fights choc in oz. GGG and geale will more than likely happen next year. HBO have no dates left this year simple. They would want to introduce geale to the USA market first. Probably boxing after dark doubke header Geale v tba ggg v tba. The timing is all wrong at the moment. If K2 really want this fight now they will go to purse bid. It would be bad business not to wait for a HBO date. Choc is the best avalible fight for him at the moment risk V reward.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #40
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Same with me but the money would be tempting. Can the Golovkin mandatory be stalled? Geale has to fight him by Dec 31 and Soliman by I don't know what date. Australia day is the 26th of January Soliman can be payed step aside money he's a boxing prostitute but I don't think both belts is possible unless Golovkin agrees to wait.
golovkins k2 promotions have said they will not wait..and will enforce the title to be stipped.sturm had to fight GGG as a mandatory and got an exception as long as he fought GGG after unifying the titles.wba also said this to team geale.they both agreed and GGG allowed the fight to take place.he has already waited once and now they will enforce it.
the rumours are now swirling grange will relinguish the wba title and quick so they can put up the belt in GGG next fight in december..geale doing hbo a big favour here and chocs team has taken wind of it and decided to publicy announce a geale fight...this is mundine getting in before geale announces his intentions and then once geale makes known his intentions mundine will call him a ducker...mundines next move is to wait till geale announces his next fight for the ibf title and then call him a ducker again.
basically trying to stalk him and generate some publicity for himself.
hbo have told geale that they will look after him and not worry about mundine and dont mention his name...
ibf have also told sillyman to keep his mouth shut and play the game or they will shut him out....geales getting looked after by the big boys and is very relaxed about the situation...believe me guys mundine is finished..!
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #41
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
I don't think HBO care if he fights choc in oz. GGG and geale will more than likely happen next year. HBO have no dates left this year simple. They would want to introduce geale to the USA market first. Probably boxing after dark doubke header Geale v tba ggg v tba. The timing is all wrong at the moment. If K2 really want this fight now they will go to purse bid. It would be bad business not to wait for a HBO date. Choc is the best avalible fight for him at the moment risk V reward.
thats right about bad buisness without consent from hbo.hbo can make good coin from GGG and geale and thats why they need to split the belts.
they,ve got 2 good boxers who can make money for them for the next 3 years...hbo is calling the shots and mundine is no where on there radar.
geale is gonna be around for the next 3 years guys,hbo dont want choc anywhere near him..grange have been assured that they will make money for the next 3 years and not to mention choc.
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #42
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I like how people comment on the inner workings of HBO

Please
kel is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #43
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

grange could call k2's bluff. If the fight isn't made by December 31st it goes to purse bid. The only way they can strip Geale is if K2 or anyone else win the bid and geale passes on the fight. Do K2 really want the fight?? They already talking about other fights. If they where so desperate to make it go to purse bid! The fight makes no sense unless it's on show time or HBO. HBO has no dates so let's hope Geale gets to keep his title!
Quote:
golovkins k2 promotions have said they will not wait..and will enforce the title to be stipped.sturm had to fight GGG as a mandatory and got an exception as long as he fought GGG after unifying the titles.wba also said this to team geale.they both agreed and GGG allowed the fight to take place.he has already waited once and now they will enforce it.
the rumours are now swirling grange will relinguish the wba title and quick so they can put up the belt in GGG next fight in december..geale doing hbo a big favour here and chocs team has taken wind of it and decided to publicy announce a geale fight...this is mundine getting in before geale announces his intentions and then once geale makes known his intentions mundine will call him a ducker...mundines next move is to wait till geale announces his next fight for the ibf title and then call him a ducker again.
basically trying to stalk him and generate some publicity for himself.
hbo have told geale that they will look after him and not worry about mundine and dont mention his name...
ibf have also told sillyman to keep his mouth shut and play the game or they will shut him out....geales getting looked after by the big boys and is very relaxed about the situation...believe me guys mundine is finished..!
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #44
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
grange could call k2's bluff. If the fight isn't made by December 31st it goes to purse bid. The only way they can strip Geale is if K2 or anyone else win the bid and geale passes on the fight. Do K2 really want the fight?? They already talking about other fights. If they where so desperate to make it go to purse bid! The fight makes no sense unless it's on show time or HBO. HBO has no dates so let's hope Geale gets to keep his title!
yep i see what your saying but your talking about the 'process'...wheather the process starts on the first day of next year or starts now doesnt matter..hbo havent got any dates this year.look at it this way.hbo can have one cash cow or 2,hbo tells geale to vacate and they will build up a superfight for him.or fight in march for little coin and you might loose...u take the pick..
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #45
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
yep i see what your saying but your talking about the 'process'...wheather the process starts on the first day of next year or starts now doesnt matter..hbo havent got any dates this year.look at it this way.hbo can have one cash cow or 2,hbo tells geale to vacate and they will build up a superfight for him.or fight in march for little coin and you might loose...u take the pick..
At the end of the day neither of us know if he will be striped. Team Geale probably don't know yet it's all speculation at the moment. But if I had to to keep ibf or WBA I'd choose ibf because he is established with them and they've done the right thing by him.
Crusher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum