Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #46
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300
Default Re: MUNDINE CHALLENGES GEALE OFFICIALLY. offers to take the smaller purse!

yep thats right and we already saw how week the top 10 is in the ibf..thats what i was saying before about if geale is bieng lent on by hbo relinguishing the title before the 31st.
conversation will be something like this.
hbo...u gonna fight GGG?
grange...no..
hbo...u gonna get stripped
grange...ok
hbo....why dont u vacate now so we can put up the title in GGG next fight in december
grange....what do we get
hbo....u do that for us,and we owe u a big favour and we keep our promises
grange....put it in writing and we'll do it
hbo...done
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #47
nomas
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: MUNDINE CHALLENGES GEALE OFFICIALLY. offers to take the smaller purse!

The fight will happen just a matter of when and where i guarantee one thing the whole of Australia will watch it..
nomas is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #48
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
yep thats right and we already saw how week the top 10 is in the ibf..thats what i was saying before about if geale is bieng lent on by hbo relinguishing the title before the 31st.
conversation will be something like this.
hbo...u gonna fight GGG?
grange...no..
hbo...u gonna get stripped
grange...ok
hbo....why dont u vacate now so we can put up the title in GGG next fight in december
grange....what do we get
hbo....u do that for us,and we owe u a big favour and we keep our promises
grange....put it in writing and we'll do it
hbo...done
u are offically a nut job
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #49
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserh View Post
**** he can talk!

"As far as him being champion, I am a better all-round fighter, I am a better athlete. He is a volume puncher. He throws 20 shots and might land one or two, but he looks busy. I am precise, clean. I don't waste my shots.
"I am the only one to have hurt him numerous times. I dropped him last time, hurt him to the body and head, and I am more confident in my boxing now than I was back then."

Ok then
What was incorrect about what he said exactly?

teke is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #50
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
At the end of the day neither of us know if he will be striped. Team Geale probably don't know yet it's all speculation at the moment. But if I had to to keep ibf or WBA I'd choose ibf because he is established with them and they've done the right thing by him.
Same plus he's made 2 previous successful defences with the IBF but Mundine seems to want to fight for both belts so I don't know.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #51
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
What was incorrect about what he said exactly?

Pretty much all of it, except that Geale is a volume puncher, as that is correct.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #52
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Sox you're slowly doing a U-turn. Somewhere in your subconscious, you wanna see "the man" hurt him to the body and head again.
What do you mean again?
Geale didn't even raise a sweat last time, and Mandy was dying in his corner between rounds.

No u-turn here, it is what it is, and if Geales camp do this, then I can't do anything about it so I may as well roll with it.

It will be nice watching Mandy cop another flogging I guess.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #53
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Pretty much all of it, except that Geale is a volume puncher, as that is correct.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Geale is a volume puncher and that is the only reason Choc would fight him again ie, because Geale wont hurt him. Danny might outpoint him badly but I don't think he will.
teke is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #54
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yep.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #55
Stormlander

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
thats right about bad buisness without consent from hbo.hbo can make good coin from GGG and geale and thats why they need to split the belts.
they,ve got 2 good boxers who can make money for them for the next 3 years...hbo is calling the shots and mundine is no where on there radar.
geale is gonna be around for the next 3 years guys,hbo dont want choc anywhere near him..grange have been assured that they will make money for the next 3 years and not to mention choc.
I watch the Geale v Sturm fight online and the general consensus among the viewers was that it was a hell of a boring fight. What would make HBO so interested in promoting Geale? Golovkin I can understand - he is a big puncher.
Stormlander is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #56
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Geale is a volume puncher and that is the only reason Choc would fight him again ie, because Geale wont hurt him. Danny might outpoint him badly but I don't think he will.
A volume puncher like Geale will accumalate more damage against their opponent over the course of the fight. If you are assuming Geale has no power then you are wrong. A KO rate does not mean he wont hurt his opponents. Karmizen tried to go with him and got stopped late. Sylvestor and Sturm simply couldnt stay with him and kept their distance.
Did you see Sturms head post fight?
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #57
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormlander View Post
I watch the Geale v Sturm fight online and the general consensus among the viewers was that it was a hell of a boring fight. What would make HBO so interested in promoting Geale? Golovkin I can understand - he is a big puncher.
Um, i dont know? Maybe and ibf and wba strap???
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 12:17 AM   #58
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
A volume puncher like Geale will accumalate more damage against their opponent over the course of the fight. If you are assuming Geale has no power then you are wrong. A KO rate does not mean he wont hurt his opponents. Karmizen tried to go with him and got stopped late. Sylvestor and Sturm simply couldnt stay with him and kept their distance.
Karmazin was in hospital for 3 days too.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #59
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
Of course Im not assuming Geale has no power. Im stating Mundine prefers to fight opponents who lack the one punch KO. Mundine is not Sturm, Karma or Sylv...he actually moves
teke is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #60
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Karmazin was in hospital for 3 days too.
fighta29 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum