Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #31
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Thoughts on Veeraphol Sahaprom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
was Tim Austin the most arbitrary pound for pound entrant of this time? he would break into the top 10 every so often.
Wasn't all that IMO. Man, he'd be getting sucked off on here if he was peaking nowadays.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2012, 05:56 AM   #32
Tin_Ribs
Me
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post

Choi Vs Yordan has got classic written all over it
If he thought John and that streak o' pish Caballero could bring it, he's in a bigger world of shit than Private Pyle.

How do you think Sahaprom would've fared against Borkhorsor? Hard going there for Veeraphol I think, good as he was......
Tin_Ribs is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #33
Tin_Ribs
Me
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Wasn't all that IMO. Man, he'd be getting sucked off on here if he was peaking nowadays.
Anarci was a big fan iirc. Does he still post here? I think it was him and Addie who used to go at it hammer and tong whenever Addie and duranimal weren't going apeshit with each other. Wrangled with him - anarci, that is - a couple of times over Austin a couple or three years ago. I can vaguely remember when Austin was being looked at as a potential opponent for Barrera when the Ring and all the networks were backing him. Dodged a right bullet there, did Tim.
Tin_Ribs is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #34
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Ribs View Post
If he thought John and that streak o' pish Caballero could bring it, he's in a bigger world of shit than Private Pyle.

How do you think Sahaprom would've fared against Borkhorsor? Hard going there for Veeraphol I think, good as he was......
Bus Station and Veeraphol is very interesting. I'll take the Borkorsor of the Herrera fight to bust Sahaprom up, although I think Sahaprom could have a lot of success with his right hand, which was scaringly accurate against a southpaw. Venice could counter well, and although we don't have too much footage of it his jab was supposed to be consistent and accurate; he tamed pure boxer Salavarria with it. Obviously his size advantages lessen up at bantam, but he still looked a tank against the taller Herrera, and Sahaprom wasn't a big bantam himself.

Venice takes a close decision. Sahaprom looks a mess.

As for Anarci, knowledgable but shocking application. He'd argue 'til he was blue in the face about how Mosley was one of the 30 greatest fighters of ll time and how Ricardo Lopez was top ten. No time for him, although I did appreciate his knowledge.

Where da funk is Addie anyway??!
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #35
Tin_Ribs
Me
ESB Senior Member

Yeah, Sahaprom's right would keep him in the fight, as probably would his follow-up work and overall countering ability with both hands. I'm just about with you on everything here: Herrera, Salavarria, size, the jab etc. Maybe Borkhorsor of the Herrera fight might put clear daylight between himself and Sahaprom even if he doesn't win by KO. I'm not sure where I stand on Bus Station's chances of a stoppage/KO/retirement actually, though my instinctual first thought was that he'd have a fair chance of forcing the issue. Sahaprom was reasonably durable and impassive/cagey with it as well as being pre-prime and faded respectively at the time of the losses to Konadu and Hasegawa, but Borkhorsor was obviously heavy handed, pretty relentless with it and like you say a good counter puncher himself (from what we have of him). Wish we had the Gonzalez fight.

Yeah, I respected anarci's background in the sport, his experience and all that to a certain degree, but he was arrogant, biased and illogical with it and pushed it down your throat in a way that got on my tits a little bit, especially if like us you were relatively young. Used to lmfao at the Lopez stuff . Still, I always think that I might come across as a twat to other people too on occasion. We all ought to be a bit more like Vic-Jofre and john garfield

Not seen Addie for ages. Don't really keep up with ebb and flow of the forum though, and I'm not in much of a position to talk with the way I vanish for chunks of time on end. I actually miss the thin-skinned git . Didn't always agree with him and I'm not sure he ever quite forgave me for saying that Saldivar would've done Barrera over like a ginger stepson, but he definitely brought something to the table and was in some good debates. Tried to reassure him that I honestly liked Barrera, and I think I was making some headway until I casually threw out that Legra would've beaten him, Morales and Marquez, and that Chucho, Herrera, Medel, Macias etc were just as good (maybe better in the case of the first two). And the house came tumbling down......
Tin_Ribs is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #36
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

It's all true though.

You seen Chucho Vs Raul Cruz II?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #37
Tin_Ribs
Me
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It's all true though.

You seen Chucho Vs Raul Cruz II?
Yeah, thanks for putting it up btw. Brilliant channel full stop, I'll have to get round to watching more stuff on it.
Tin_Ribs is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #38
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I really enjoyed that one.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #39
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict

Quote:
I really enjoyed that one.
I don't know why but me too.
Lester1583 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #40
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Chucho was ridiculously skilled. Cruz edged him in their first fight by all accounts.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #41
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Cruz edged him in their first fight by all accounts.
Cruz was a big boy.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #42
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict

Quote:
1. Bus Station
To be honest, I don't see any problem with that.

Quote:
2. Sahaprom
3. Kingpetch
4. Wonjongkam
5. Khaosai
But is it me or something's not right about Sahaprom and Pong being so high on your list?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #43
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Did Kingpetch really beat Harada and Ebihara?

Sasakul can fit in with the Wonjongkam, Khaosai, Chitalada crowd who all have their pluses and minuses. Wonjongkam was lineal champ for a while and has some decent scalps scattered along a lot of patsies, but he did some good work well past his best as well, exposing Koki Kameda for one

But yeah, I'm not really sold on those placings myself, very heat of the moment. As for Veeraphol, good work, nice consistency, tidy technician, some very solid victories (Daorung, Tatsuyoshi x2, Nishioka x3 arguably) and those are better Jap's than the very awkward and likeable Naito and only a bit talented Kameda. Daorung was a very good technical fighter and Veeraphol only having had a few pro' bouts. Very impressive.

Pone struggled with the light fly (before the division) Kunoi. Like Songkitrat before him he was given a lot of help. Unlike the copper Pone was able to capitalise a bit better. He has two solid victories over a past prime Perez (with the footage we have I see little controversy with the decision in their first fight) and had some ability no doubt. But he lost to all the best he faced IMO. Burruni totally schooled him. He fared better in rematches with his Japs, but was squashed first time round by both.

Chionoi might well edge Pone actually. Either way they both have their plus and minus points and deserve to be bracketed together. They fought in very tough lower weight era's.

Khaosai has some decent victories. Contreras, Pical, Zombie Orono, Lanky Korean Sot beater, yeah, I'll take him over Wonjongkam. Sot has the (sometimes close) series with Bernal, clearly beaten by that Korean fella IMO, beat Magri, lost to Chang x2 IMO.

1. Bus Station
2. Sahaprom
3. Kingpetch
4. Chionoi
5. Khaosai
6. Wonjongkam
7. Muangsurin
8. Chitalada
9. Sasakul
10. Khaokor

Honourable mentions could feasibly rank as high as 6th place: Samart Payakaroon, Payao Poontarat (who clearly beat Watanabe first time IMO) Netrnoi Sor Vorasingh, Daorung. Honourable mentions that could feasibly make the top 15. Berkrek Chartvanchai, Chamroen Songkitrat, Pichit Sithbanprachan.

Excluded: All straw weights.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #44
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I'd have Khaokor a bit higher.Definitely over Sasakul, who only really has a rusty past-prime Arbachakov and Zamudio(who was very awkward but not that talented) and was a lazy unfocused bastard.i can't forgive the loss to an undeveloped limited Pac.

Khaokor's prime wasn't long and he had a sudden end to his career as well, but he had tougher fights and i reckon could be more trusted to show up with his A game and strong performances against the field than Sasakul would.

Khaokor\Chitalada...Maungsurin\sasakul\shchlonglongkam
lora is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #45
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

That's fair, I think Pacquiao was horrendous there as well.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum