Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #16
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How did you guys think Kell Brook looked during his open workout yesterday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Dom will be the downfall, not that I think he will be, but I know he will be the first port of call for an excuse if he under performs or looses. They were already at it last fight. Including that tit Hearn.

Better send him over to Freddie Roach so he can get a reality check and sent back damaged goods.
I think he could do with a change of trainers, doesnt really suite the ingle style, but i dont think he needs to go to American to get a good coach despite what everyone says! There are some great trainers here in the UK!
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #17
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: How did you guys think Kell Brook looked during his open workout yesterday?

Brook should have gone with McCracken when he had the chance IMO, Rob would drill the basics into Kell.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #18
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Brook should have gone with McCracken when he had the chance IMO, Rob would drill the basics into Kell.
and give sound advice inbetween rounds unlike the chaos he had in his last fight
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #19
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

McCraken ain't the answer either. I saw the same happen with Junior Witter, although he stayed with the Ingles for his career instead of moving on to another level.

I don't think Dom is bad, don't get me wrong, but it's normally the case when a fighter under performs or looses that they will look for an excuse to cling onto and 9 times out of 10 its directly or indirectly aimed at the trainer. And 99% of the time thats complete BS, no fighter wants to be honest and admit it was there own fault. But the ones who come back stronger, are those that are honest with themselves, because they can genuinely move forward and learn.

Virgil Hunter is the next level for Brook, but it looks like Khan already got in, Freddie Roach is a no no no no no, Emmanuel Steward aint well, Roger Mayweather I doubt also, Joel Diaz? Maybe. McCraken? I don't see getting any more out of him than what the Ingles are doing. Jim McDonnell don't think so at all. So what does that leave, staying at the Ingle gym? Clev's dad? I doubt. Ricky Burns trainer? **** knows.

Adam Booth could be a decent shout!

I think it's about gameplans and improving on what he has now.

But I guarantee if Brook repeats the Carson Jones thing, not necessarily in the next fight, but in the next few fights, they'll shift all the blame onto Dominic Ingle.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #20
Dirt99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
McCraken ain't the answer either. I saw the same happen with Junior Witter, although he stayed with the Ingles for his career instead of moving on to another level.

I don't think Dom is bad, don't get me wrong, but it's normally the case when a fighter under performs or looses that they will look for an excuse to cling onto and 9 times out of 10 its directly or indirectly aimed at the trainer. And 99% of the time thats complete BS, no fighter wants to be honest and admit it was there own fault. But the ones who come back stronger, are those that are honest with themselves, because they can genuinely move forward and learn.

Virgil Hunter is the next level for Brook, but it looks like Khan already got in, Freddie Roach is a no no no no no, Emmanuel Steward aint well, Roger Mayweather I doubt also, Joel Diaz? Maybe. McCraken? I don't see getting any more out of him than what the Ingles are doing. Jim McDonnell don't think so at all. So what does that leave, staying at the Ingle gym? Clev's dad? I doubt. Ricky Burns trainer? **** knows.

Adam Booth could be a decent shout!

I think it's about gameplans and improving on what he has now.

But I guarantee if Brook repeats the Carson Jones thing, not necessarily in the next fight, but in the next few fights, they'll shift all the blame onto Dominic Ingle.
I hope you were being sarcastic suggesting Clevs dad! Dont make much of Jim "good boy, good boy" Mcdonnell.

Adam Booth or Mckracken would be a good shout. I dont think a mobve would be that big a deal for brook, was it kid Gallhad that said Kell didnt have much of a personal relationship with Dominic?
Dirt99 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #21
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

When did Hearn blame the Ingles after the Jones fight? He blamed Kell for cutting corners in training
BretN is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #22
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I was just throwing names out in the mix, but Adam Booth could be the best shout for me. I don't like Adam Booth, but he sends his fighters out with a clear gameplan and they generally keep it throughout a fight. He is very defensive and sends his fighters out to not loose first and foremost and its that, that sometimes backfires, like Haye vs Klitschko.

Could work wonders for Kell, because he is talented, but it could be more of the same and fall short at the top.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #23
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretN View Post
When did Hearn blame the Ingles after the Jones fight? He blamed Kell for cutting corners in training
It's a pop at the Ingles, believe me.

Hearn has a way with words, he says all the right things, but they jolly well know who they was pointing the finger at. Kell of course will get it because he is the fighter, but the eyes were on the Ingles. If Kell cut corners, the Ingles let him cut them.

Indirectly it was a pop at the camp. It's how PR works.

If Kell has another of night in the future, it'll be the same shit again, although this time straight to the point. But I doubt Kell will be of to the states to train, Hearn wants his fighters here.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #24
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitandhope View Post
I agree with this. ****ing idiot Hearn talking about "50%". If Kell can be twice as good no human being will ever beat him. Trouble is Carson Jones was just a lot better than anyone Kell had fought before, and even worse Carson Jones is no world champ. I've been really disappointed to see all the excuses from Kell's camp about that fight. He showed loads of guts and won a tough fight. Deluding himself that some nutritionist can make him twice as good will lead him to a proper hiding soon enough.
Good post
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #25
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
He's been looker much leaner in the face than before all the way through the build-up & seems to be in excellent shape.

I cant believe what Hearn said about Kell only operating at 50% of his potential capacity but there is a visible difference in Kell & hopefully that will translate into a better performance, with improved stamina & power.

I think he looked sharp on the pads (although its only a public workout) & was switching stance quite often. Brook doesnt switch as often as some Ingle fighters so that might be a tactic for the Sanavia fight.
50%? is this due to not training properly due to believing he could get by on skills and self confidence alone?
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #26
12downfor10
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyboyEs***UK View Post
50%? is this due to not training properly due to believing he could get by on skills and self confidence alone?
Both.
12downfor10 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum