Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #46
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: sonny liston vs jack johnson.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
You and I have been over this time and again.

Johnson tired and let Hart do the leading according to all accounts. Hart's aggression definitely displeased Johnson in what was a VERY important fight for him. If he had a Sunday shot, that was the time to use it. And he would have been fighting for the title much earlier.

In the O'Brien affair, you are very selective in choice of source materials. I tend to quote the NYT rendition because it contains the details we see repeated in other articles. O'Brien was jabbing Johnson silly and even groggy a few times, reddening his face and frustrating him. You cite other sources, if I remember correctly. Johnson hurt O'Brien once but could not follow up. Other fighters, some great and some not and almost all smaller than Johnson, had stopped O'Brien in under 6. Ketchel turned the trick in 3 in his next fight, Langford not long after that. Also, O'Brien was very near the end of his long career and should have been ripe for the picking.

In the Battling Jim fight, there are those who claim Johnson's arm was broken early but most say it happened right at the end. He was simply being schooled by a more motivated, aggressive fighter. Again, the NYT article states the crowd booed the decision lustily.

Seamus,

Everything you say is correct. If youíre trying to help Mcvey out on the topic of Jack Johnson I wish you good luck. McVey is a forgetful dolt who uses selective sources ( and sometimes blasts the same source he used previously), ignores facts, and plays double standards. If you press him enough heíll become angry. Some of his excuses for Johnson are hilarious. If you put him in his place, heíll play the race card. Thatís when you know you have him dead to rights. The funny thing is the old man has a psychological need to post last in each thread, as if he who writes last wins. I once saw him posting a reply to a comment of mine at 3AM in the morning in the UK.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #47
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Seamus,

Everything you say is correct. If youíre trying to help Mcvey out on the topic of Jack Johnson I wish you good luck. McVey is a forgetful dolt who uses selective sources ( and sometimes blasts the same source he used previously), ignores facts, and plays double standards. If you press him enough heíll become angry. Some of his excuses for Johnson are hilarious. If you put him in his place, heíll play the race card. Thatís when you know you have him dead to rights. The funny thing is the old man has a psychological need to post last in each thread, as if he who writes last wins. I once saw him posting a reply to a comment of mine at 3AM in the morning in the UK.
Brown nosing gets you nowhere you tool.
Webbiano is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #48
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Seamus,

Everything you say is correct. If you’re trying to help Mcvey out on the topic of Jack Johnson I wish you good luck. McVey is a forgetful dolt who uses selective sources ( and sometimes blasts the same source he used previously), ignores facts, and plays double standards. If you press him enough he’ll become angry. Some of his excuses for Johnson are hilarious. If you put him in his place, he’ll play the race card. That’s when you know you have him dead to rights. The funny thing is the old man has a psychological need to post last in each thread, as if he who writes last wins. I once saw him posting a reply to a comment of mine at 3AM in the morning in the UK.
The reason I post last when you are involved is because I always top you, and you run out of ideas very quickly, then do not reply when asked for primary sources to back up your outright lies. Being an illiterate moron will do that for you.
For the record, I do think you are a racist, as well as a coward ,and a liar. Now do what you like about it. Why don't you try getting me banned again?

I keep whatever hours I wish because I dont have to work for a living, simply because I made my money and retired at 56, its all gravy from here in.

PS Dont forget this "old man "made you shit your trousers when he took up your challenge.
I haven't ,and never will.

Last edited by mcvey; 10-13-2012 at 02:09 PM.
mcvey is online now  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #49
Sailor Liston

vCash: 500

Quote:

Liston could fight inside or out, and had a very dangerous arsenal of hooks, jabs, crosses, and uppercuts. Those who engaged Liston in close quarters did not last long. For a power hitter, Liston was rather technical. Even on defense. Liston via KO, perhaps early if Johnson doesn't run.

Sonny by KO to round 6
Sailor Liston is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum