Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

View Poll Results: Can it be possible for boxing at the age of 33?
Yes 27 50.00%
Impossible 10 18.52%
Hard 3 5.56%
Very hard But not Impossible 14 25.93%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2012, 01:40 AM   #46
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Can I start boxing at the age of 33?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWill View Post
weightlifting is less important in boxing than in other sports but yeah i agree it doesnt hurt so long as u dont do too much. explosive motions like powerclings etc are best

i think plyometrics are more important tbh
You get better results from your plyometrics if you precede them with some heavy weight training. Weight training is just as important for any athlete, the top lawn bowlers lift weights as well.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2012, 02:43 AM   #47
RockyRock

Hi Friends,
from last five days i try to get speed of punching and my friend count how many punch with power I can hit in one minute with a stopwatch first day count were 140, Day 3 were 170 and on day 5 I am able to hit 210 in one minute and in running i succeed to get the target from 5500 meters to 6500 meters in half an hour and I feel after doing running when i do gym and yoga classes i feel better and even get a good sleep at night.. I consult with local coach and he said that Its not bad result for five days work and said i have to continue doing and set the target of 7000 meters in 4 weeks and said that no need to reduce the weight exercises. Is he said right or I have to set more target then 7000 meters.
RockyRock is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #48
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRock View Post
Hi Friends,
from last five days i try to get speed of punching and my friend count how many punch with power I can hit in one minute with a stopwatch first day count were 140, Day 3 were 170 and on day 5 I am able to hit 210 in one minute and in running i succeed to get the target from 5500 meters to 6500 meters in half an hour and I feel after doing running when i do gym and yoga classes i feel better and even get a good sleep at night.. I consult with local coach and he said that Its not bad result for five days work and said i have to continue doing and set the target of 7000 meters in 4 weeks and said that no need to reduce the weight exercises. Is he said right or I have to set more target then 7000 meters.
Aim for 7060 meters, that should guarantee you an equestrian medal at the 2016 games by my calculations.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #49
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Hi Friends,
Who cares?

You seem to think boxing is a game of numbers, run x distance and you'll win, throw x number of punches per round and you'll win. It doesn't work like that in any way, shape or form.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #50
RockyRock

@Virus
Then what will be to do Running is for stamina and punches is for win.
Please let me know how you can win a boxing match without having stamina and throw max punches.(i think it may be possible to win chess match but not boxing match )
Old 10-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #51
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STMeQlu8jA4[/ame]
StillWill is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #52
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
@Virus
Then what will be to do Running is for stamina and punches is for win.
I have no clue what the hell this is meant to mean.

Quote:
Please let me know how you can win a boxing match without having stamina and throw max punches.(i think it may be possible to win chess match but not boxing match )
Who said you don't need stamina? I'm saying you're being very black and white. You seem to think it's as simple as "If i throw this many punches I'll win" and like I've told you it's not that simple. You could hit your target of running 7000 meters or whatever and get knocked the **** out 3 punches into the 1st round.

Train how you can and find your limits. There are no guidelines that say you have to throw this many punches to win, you have to be able to run this far in this time or you'll never win a match.

You have a very strange view of boxing training my friend.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #53
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

How long have you been training Rock? I think there are positives here, like you sound like someone with a very serious work ethic, and discipline. Which is a huge asset for a boxer. But I agree with Virus, I think over-emphasis on the numbers is a bit of a distraction.
I think the cynicism many of us display with these types of questions is at times, uncalled for. But understandable. Since people often try out boxing and a "large" percentage realize through time that it's really not for them. So I think numbers are only moderately important at the early stages. Learning basics and technique and overall just learning to "enjoy" the sport are more crucial for now.

I started at 35, and far from being a recognized champion. I put up a video of me on this forum, and I would say age has not slowed me down one bit. But realistically, I think my window of opportunity is far too short to become an extraordinary boxer. Sounds negative I know, but it's very realistic.
I don't want to discourage you from pursuing your goals - and wish you the best of luck! I look forward to seeing your progress - and hopefully you can also put a video up.
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #54
RockyRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
I have no clue what the hell this is meant to mean.

Who said you don't need stamina? I'm saying you're being very black and white. You seem to think it's as simple as "If i throw this many punches I'll win" and like I've told you it's not that simple. You could hit your target of running 7000 meters or whatever and get knocked the **** out 3 punches into the 1st round.

Train how you can and find your limits. There are no guidelines that say you have to throw this many punches to win, you have to be able to run this far in this time or you'll never win a match.

You have a very strange view of boxing training my friend.
@virus sorry I don't have good command on english, By saying throw number of punches , I want to say about speed of throwing punches and not count. I think you did not understand my phrase properly...
Old 10-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #55
RockyRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless View Post
How long have you been training Rock? I think there are positives here, like you sound like someone with a very serious work ethic, and discipline. Which is a huge asset for a boxer. But I agree with Virus, I think over-emphasis on the numbers is a bit of a distraction.
I think the cynicism many of us display with these types of questions is at times, uncalled for. But understandable. Since people often try out boxing and a "large" percentage realize through time that it's really not for them. So I think numbers are only moderately important at the early stages. Learning basics and technique and overall just learning to "enjoy" the sport are more crucial for now.

I started at 35, and far from being a recognized champion. I put up a video of me on this forum, and I would say age has not slowed me down one bit. But realistically, I think my window of opportunity is far too short to become an extraordinary boxer. Sounds negative I know, but it's very realistic.
I don't want to discourage you from pursuing your goals - and wish you the best of luck! I look forward to seeing your progress - and hopefully you can also put a video up.
Hi friend, First of all thanks for your well wishes . I were in martial arts for 10 years and were a very good player. My styles in MA were Taekwondo, wushu, Karate and Judo. but from last few years I were doing body building exercises. From my childhood I want to become a Boxer. I did not have boxing match in my age but i practiced on boxing kit much and also watch the videos of Mohammad Ali and Rocky Marc. many time and copy there styles and now i want to take this game seriously and like to fight the competitons...
Old 10-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #56
RockyRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless View Post

Where is your Video Brother????
Old 10-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #57
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Nope, Simply cannot be done
Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #58
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Where is your Video Brother????
There's a sticky thread at the top of this forum called "ESB member fight videos". I believe i'm the most recent video there (last page).
It's actually my worst performance to date (I lost), so it's not a brag, but I simply wanted to demonstrate that it's possible to be in good shape well into your 30s and compete with younger guys.
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #59
don owens
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It is illegal to start boxing at that age. they put people they catch in prison for 15 years. don't do it.
don owens is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #60
supremo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Could have a few fights but I would seriously doubt that you will win any serious titles
supremo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing