Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #121
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch V Calzaghe. A Close Fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
This is where we differ, and this is what the thread is about.

You think Calzaghe would wipe the floor with Froch. I think Froch would be a proble for Calzaghe, but Calzaghe would make adjustments and cruise to a UD win.

Froch is no Lacy, Froch has the physical advantages over Calzaghe.
the thread is all about debate, i know that. but when you talk a load of rubbish it doesn't become a debate, it becomes stupid.

differed? more like you being wrong on so many counts that it's laughable. i did like the bit where you asked "since when was calzaghe a counter puncher" that's gold that is.

i never said that froch was a lacy, so i have no idea why you would say that.

put up a poll. lets see what everyone else has to say. not scared are you?
assasin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #122
realsoulja
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
the thread is all about debate, i know that. but when you talk a load of rubbish it doesn't become a debate, it becomes stupid.

differed? more like you being wrong on so many counts that it's laughable. i did like the bit where you asked "since when was calzaghe a counter puncher" that's gold that is.

i never said that froch was a lacy, so i have no idea why you would say that.

put up a poll. lets see what everyone else has to say. not scared are you?
What rubbish have I said.

I said Froch will have his moments vs Calzaghe backed up with reasons like Froch's success vs southpaws with his right hand, while Calzaghe being vulnerbale to right hands.

You on the other hand you think Calzaghe would wipe the floor with Froch, and that Froch would pose no problem whatsoever thinking Calzaghe doesnt need to adapt? Also give me examples of Calzaghe counter punching ability.

Marquez is a counter puncher, Floyd is a counter puncher, Hopkins is a counter puncher. I just dont see Calzaghe being a counter puncher, one of Calzaghe's best traits is he had the speed to get off first so counter punching aint really his game. But do please provide some examples of counter punching.

I think Calzaghe would win a 9 - 3 type of decision, you think it would be 12 - 0.

I am pretty sure most people think Froch can win a few rounds vs Calzaghe, put up a poll if you wish. I have won debates over knowledgable posters but never won debates over fools.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #123
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
What rubbish have I said.

I said Froch will have his moments vs Calzaghe backed up with reasons like Froch's success vs southpaws with his right hand, while Calzaghe being vulnerbale to right hands.

You on the other hand you think Calzaghe would wipe the floor with Froch, and that Froch would pose no problem whatsoever thinking Calzaghe doesnt need to adapt? Also give me examples of Calzaghe counter punching ability.

Marquez is a counter puncher, Floyd is a counter puncher, Hopkins is a counter puncher. I just dont see Calzaghe being a counter puncher, one of Calzaghe's best traits is he had the speed to get off first so counter punching aint really his game. But do please provide some examples of counter punching.

I think Calzaghe would win a 9 - 3 type of decision, you think it would be 12 - 0.

I am pretty sure most people think Froch can win a few rounds vs Calzaghe, put up a poll if you wish. I have won debates over knowledgable posters but never won debates over fools.
what rubbish? is this you just being funny or have you forgotten what you posted?

before you said it would be a close fight, now you're saying it would be something like 9-3 to calzaghe. you argued against me when i said calzaghe would clearly beat froch, and it wouldn't be close. now you agree... that's very stupid!

saying that joe, a great inside fighter, of which froch has no way of dealing with, would have to adapt to a fighter that gets hit a lot by everyone he faces and is wide open and made for joe in terms of styles. that's also stupid.

saying that if there was to be a KO, it would be the undefeated fighter with a great chin that would be the one getting KO'D. the one that when he gets put down comes back like nothing had happened. that again is stupid.

saying they both complement each other in terms of styles when it's clear to anyone with any sort of working brain, that calzaghe is the worst style match up froch could ever have.

i think that's enough stupid for now, i've made my point.

you're basing calzaghe being vulnerable to straight right hands based on the reid fight. he was hit by other fighters with the right hand, but not by much. you have to expect any fighter being hit with shots it's a fight. and anyway, reid was successful throwing "lead" right hands. froch doesn't throw that punch. he doesn't even throw the straight right all that much, as i've already pointed out.

calzaghe was a natural counter puncher he even says it himself. just because you don't sit back all the time in fights waiting for your opponent to come on to you and lead, doesn't mean he isn't most comfortable there. calzaghe is a fighter so will go out there and walk them down instead of just waiting all the time. when he needs to counter he will. i said he's very good at both. check out the whole lacy fight, he was counter punching all night just picking him off as he came forward.

i'll take your advice on never winning arguments with fools. i'll need it with you around.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #124
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 505

I'm a huge Froch fan but Joe beats him comfortably, he's a level above.
Maximus is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #125
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 84

Many people are mislead because Froch exposed Ward.
Froch is a slow plodding SMW and is now old and past his best, yet still was winning the last few rounds against Ward and had Ward gassing, so that has fooled many, but now lets look at the real big picture and you can see that Calzaghe had no stamina issues at all and also has a higher workrate than Froch.
Its forgotten how Froch lost to a fighter coming off a loss that Calzaghe took the 0 of.
Lacy was faster than Froch, had a decent chin like Froch, a higher workrate than Froch, applied more pressure than Froch and had better footwork than Froch and was arguably a bigger puncher than Froch, it didnt help him against Calzaghe.
Froch himself admitted he wouldnt have been able to out point Calzaghe and in 46 fights Calzaghe never once looked seriously hurt to the point where he had to hold on or did the chicken dance.
Lets not forget how some felt Froch lost to Pascal, he was behind against Taylor who Pavlik outpointed, Many felt he lost to Dirrell, he lost to Kessler coming off a loss and before he fought Ward fought old SMW journeyman G Johnson to a Mdec, who had lost more at SMW than won. All those lesser SMWs took Frochs pressure for long periods and the best SMW ever who has beaten people that own all of the above, would have no trouble at all.

Very clear Calzaghe UD, but dont be shocked if Froch taking more punches than ever gets ground down and stopped, Lacy style.
Clear Calzaghe UD
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #126
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Froch is a slow plodding SMW and is now old and past his best, yet still was winning the last few rounds against Ward and had Ward gassing, so that has fooled many, but now lets look at the real big picture and you can see that Calzaghe had no stamina issues at all and also has a higher workrate than Froch.
Its forgotten how Froch lost to a fighter coming off a loss that Calzaghe took the 0 of.
Lacy was faster than Froch, had a decent chin like Froch, a higher workrate than Froch, applied more pressure than Froch and had better footwork than Froch and was arguably a bigger puncher than Froch, it didnt help him against Calzaghe.
Froch himself admitted he wouldnt have been able to out point Calzaghe and in 46 fights Calzaghe never once looked seriously hurt to the point where he had to hold on or did the chicken dance.
Lets not forget how some felt Froch lost to Pascal, he was behind against Taylor who Pavlik outpointed, Many felt he lost to Dirrell, he lost to Kessler coming off a loss and before he fought Ward fought old SMW journeyman G Johnson to a Mdec, who had lost more at SMW than won. All those lesser SMWs took Frochs pressure for long periods and the best SMW ever who has beaten people that own all of the above, would have no trouble at all.

Very clear Calzaghe UD, but dont be shocked if Froch taking more punches than ever gets ground down and stopped, Lacy style.
Clear Calzaghe UD
Do you know why Calzaghe fans love Kessler so much? Its because he's the only name that gives Joe's record any credibility. Hahaha , owned.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #127
Barry Smith
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This is the thing with fanboys. It is not enough to say their hero would win, you have to say he wins easily, otherwise they start crying.

Robin Reid gave Calzaghe all he could handle and Froch is much better than Reid.
Barry Smith is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #128
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Smith View Post
This is the thing with fanboys. It is not enough to say their hero would win, you have to say he wins easily, otherwise they start crying.

Robin Reid gave Calzaghe all he could handle and Froch is much better than Reid.
Bailey is on the Calzaghe payroll.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #129
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Smith View Post

Reid gave Calzaghe a good arguement, and landed the punch of the fight on Calzaghe, but Calzaghe clearly won and that is a silly formline to work by.
Calzaghe went into that fight injured and could barely spar, and was troubled before the fight with people putting glass in his either food or drink before that fight. Yet won clearly.
Ask yourself this. How could you not score rounds 2, 3, 4,7, 8 (Reid also had a point deduction in that round), 12 to Calzaghe? Remember Reid had a point deducted also.

I thought like 2 judges that Calzaghe was a clear winner and except for McCrory who scored a draw and later seemed to agree all of the other studio guest scored wide for Calzaghe including Mcguigan and Eubank. I also think damaged handed (damaged his hand in round 4) Calzaghe won and felt he won rounds 1, 9 (Reid did land the punch of the night in round 9 though) & 11.
I thought Calzaghe won rounds 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 12 and then reid had a point deducted also.
Good away win for Calzaghe

Still silly to go down those form lines when people can have different nights, D Boone gave Ward all he could handle and looked to have beaten Ward, yet Froch is better than Boone and Ward was troubled by a rusty Bika who Calzaghe handled easier or the fact Froch lost to a fighter coming off a loss who Calzaghe took the 0 of, so thats not a good guide to work by.
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 06:44 AM   #130
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Reid gave Calzaghe a good arguement, and landed the punch of the fight on Calzaghe, but Calzaghe clearly won and that is a silly formline to work by.
Calzaghe went into that fight injured and could barely spar, and was troubled before the fight with people putting glass in his either food or drink before that fight. Yet won clearly.
Ask yourself this. How could you not score rounds 2, 3, 4,7, 8 (Reid also had a point deduction in that round), 12 to Calzaghe? Remember Reid had a point deducted also.

I thought like 2 judges that Calzaghe was a clear winner and except for McCrory who scored a draw and later seemed to agree all of the other studio guest scored wide for Calzaghe including Mcguigan and Eubank. I also think damaged handed (damaged his hand in round 4) Calzaghe won and felt he won rounds 1, 9 (Reid did land the punch of the night in round 9 though) & 11.
I thought Calzaghe won rounds 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 12 and then reid had a point deducted also.
Good away win for Calzaghe

Still silly to go down those form lines when people can have different nights, D Boone gave Ward all he could handle and looked to have beaten Ward, yet Froch is better than Boone and Ward was troubled by a rusty Bika who Calzaghe handled easier or the fact Froch lost to a fighter coming off a loss who Calzaghe took the 0 of, so thats not a good guide to work by.
Kessler had a brocken hand against Calzaghe and Froch had a stiff back against Kessler.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #131
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Clazaghe comfortable UD with Froch going on to say he may retire post fight.
general zod is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #132
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Kessler had a brocken hand against Calzaghe and Froch had a stiff back against Kessler.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 10-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #133
pasky2000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

If Froch would concentrate on throwing shorter and crisp punches like he did with Bute, instead of winding up too much and therefore being even wider open for counters, then a Calzaghe fight might actually resemble the all out war that you saw with Kessler.
pasky2000 is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #134
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

Quote:
Froch is a slow plodding SMW
and is now old and past his best,
Froch is the only win on Kessler's resume worth mentioning. You cannot put down Froch without putting down Kessler's resume.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #135
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by general zod View Post
Froch is the only win on Kessler's resume worth mentioning. You cannot put down Froch without putting down Kessler's resume.
He'll go so far as to disrespect Froch in his attempt to credit Calzaghe.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum