Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #31
tmsbry
#1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 14400
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut Me Mick View Post
Absolute nonsense.
Prove me otherwise.

& name me one exercise that strengthens bones,
tmsbry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #32
tmsbry
#1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 14400
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut Me Mick View Post
So explain to me how having strong legs stops your brain from shutting down as the result of trauma?
Legs are you're anchor's, stronger a persons legs are the better they can deal with & take shots,

How the **** does a gum shield attached to a bag of sand stop brain trauma
tmsbry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #33
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,143
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsbry View Post
Strong legs= Strong Jaw. Nothing to do with neck/jaw muscles

It is known
Quote:
Prove me otherwise.

& name me one exercise that strengthens bones,
Quote:
Legs are you're anchor's, stronger a persons legs are the better they can deal with & take shots,

How the **** does a gum shield attached to a bag of sand stop brain trauma
A big fat
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #34
tmsbry
#1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 14400
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
A big fat
Explain how I'm wrong, I'm open to correction, I'll even buy one of these Rockjaws if you convince me

Amir Khan had weak legs couldn't take a shot, gets knocked out against Prescott he comes back with stronger legs he takes Maidana's best shot (albeit not great)

Khan neglected his legs again against Garcia & guess what he couldn't take a shot again
tmsbry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #35
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,143
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsbry View Post
Explain how I'm wrong, I'm open to correction, I'll even buy one of these Rockjaws if you convince me

Amir Khan had weak legs couldn't take a shot, gets knocked out against Prescott he comes back with stronger legs he takes Maidana's best shot (albeit not great)

Khan neglected his legs again against Garcia & guess what he couldn't take a shot again
Please explain to me how having strong legs means someone has a strong jaw. By your logic a powerlifter could take a punch from Mike Tyson and just laugh in his face when the punch has no effect.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #36
tmsbry
#1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 14400
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

Powerlifting & boxing are 2 different sports first of all

& you still havent proved me wrong, since a power lifter has never taken a shot of Tyson we'll never know

But the khan example is fact, stronger legs= better punch resistance
tmsbry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #37
tmsbry
#1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 14400
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Tmsbry Khans legs gave him a base, before he was very top heavy. But you should also realise his neck has gotten thicker, without a sturdy neck your head is in danger, in boxing.
Yeah I agree, but stronger legs & base, are more useful in taking shots than a strong neck,
tmsbry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #38
rockjaw
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

LOL I'm still having trouble understanding why some of you think strengthening the neck and jaw muscle is not important for taking a better punch.Jaws get broken because the jaw muscle is weak. This is all common sense. Arm wrestlers strengthen their forearms so they can have a strong arm right??? Why don't some of you who do not do any forearm exercises try to arm wrestle a tournament arm wrestler and watch how fast he pulls you down.
rockjaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #39
rockjaw
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

Thanks Jeff..neck rolls only target the neck.Rock Jaw targets jaw and neck. I'm here for opinions..can we have your opinion on this? why would you pass up strengthening your jaw? and only work the neck. My product targets both. What sport do you compete?
rockjaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #40
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

I don't think anyone's arguing that having a stronger neck/jaw won't help in boxing. Personally, though, I find it hard to believe that your product will strengthen the jaw to help take punches unless you have scientific evidence backing it up (customer testimonials and a challenge to say a complete sentence after using your product doesn't really convince me). I give you respect for creating a product that you believe in, but if I can offer some constructive criticism that might help with future sales:

-Get some research/experiments done (professionally) that proves your product does what it claims to do
-Package your product in a way that looks more appealing/professional and not like something just anyone can make at home

If you truly believe in your product and think it's vital for every boxer to have, I think you should be willing to invest some more money into R&D, packaging, and marketing. Again, no hate. Just my 2 cents.
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #41
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,143
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

I'll start from the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsbry View Post
Strong legs= Strong Jaw. Nothing to do with neck/jaw muscles0
Strong legs = a solid base. No problem agreeing with that.

How you've come up with solid base = strong jaw just isn't logical to me. You''ll have to explain in more detail why having a solid base means you magically have a solid jaw. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote:
& name me one exercise that strengthens bones,
Any weight bearing exercise will strengthen bones...

Quote:
Legs are you're anchor's, stronger a persons legs are the better they can deal with & take shots,
Being able to deal with shots is very broad when you're talking about stability. Anyway, this is about the relationship between leg strength and jaw strength.

Quote:
Powerlifting & boxing are 2 different sports first of all
Obviously. I was using an extreme example which you avoided answering by pretty much saying "Oh well it hasn't been tested so I think I'm right". I could do the same pointless thing - it's never been tested and proven, so you're wrong.

Just saying something doesn't make something true.

Quote:
But the khan example is fact, stronger legs= better punch resistance
Khan is an example of somebody who can't take a punch. Period. Explain to me how you've come to the conclusion his shitty ability to take a punch comes down to the fact he has weak legs. Also, give me details of every exercise he does for his legs so we can all avoid having weak legs and apparently weak jaws. After that you can tell me how much weight you need to be able to squat to prevent yourself being knocked out by your next opponent.

You can use false "facts" like this to prove anything. If a guy lifts weights and loses the clueless blame the weight training, nothing to do with the guy not having the energy due to not eating, didn't get enough sleep, had a massive adrenaline dump which tired him out, had an injury which ****ed him over, dehydrated etc. There's many many reasons why people lose fights. Just picking out one aspect of their training and saying "The fact he lost proves what I'm saying" in fact does not prove a damn thing.

Quote:
Yeah I agree, but stronger legs & base, are more useful in taking shots than a strong neck,
They're both equally important in their own right.

Last edited by viru§™; 10-14-2012 at 04:14 PM.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #42
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjaw View Post
I'm having a hard time understanding why some of you think the product would not help a fighter???? The exercise strengthens the back of the neck and also the jaw muscle.Victor Ortiz just lost a bout from a broken jaw. Many fighters get their jaw broken in sparring sessions and in bouts. I can't believe the hatefull comments I have read in this forum. I think the hateful comments are made because misery loves company. Not because of the product. If i were to come on the forum and show a bag of rocks with a rope ,artwork and a mouthguard and ask $60 bucks for it..I could understand...but $5 dollars??

Most of the sales I get are from EBAY and i have had many people write to me and comment how great it works.
Why is your jaw and neck any different from theirs?

I bet if Manny Pacquiao invented Rock Jaw ...none of you would hate on it.
You reference Ortiz right here and on your site other fighters who have been KOed or jaws broken in fights...

somehow alluding to the fact that your product would stop this from happening.

You have no proof of this. None !!

Ortizs jaw was broken because his mouth was open and he was hit hard, a jaw is easily broken with an open mouth.

Do you think that if he swung that sack from his lips that this would prevent that ?? Because you are alluding to that, and that's a baseless claim.

You're selling the product, prove it works !!

If you stand there with a open mouth and a professional boxer like Josesito Lopez lands a haymaker on it , it's getting broken no 2 ways about it.
doylexxx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #43
rockjaw
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

The Rock Jaw puts pressure on the jaw muscle...the muscle of the jaw is what supports your jaw. This is common sense and if you guys are really athletes you would understand this. Do I have to explain why using a weight on your forearm makes your forearm strong for arm wrestling tournaments?
Punches are landed directly on your jaw in boxing and in MMA bouts. This does not need a scientist in a lab to prove the product works, it needs a buyer with common sense.

And yes packaging the product is a good idea. I'm going to do that.

I want to thank you guys for the sales.
rockjaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #44
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjaw View Post
The Rock Jaw puts pressure on the jaw muscle...the muscle of the jaw is what supports your jaw. This is common sense and if you guys are really athletes you would understand this. Do I have to explain why using a weight on your forearm makes your forearm strong for arm wrestling tournaments?*
Punches are landed directly on your jaw in boxing and in MMA bouts. This does not need a scientist in a lab to prove the product works, it needs a buyer with common sense.

And yes packaging the product is a good idea. I'm going to do that.*

I want to thank you guys for the sales.
From popularmechanics.com:"The Science of a Boxing Knockout"

Quote:
So what causes a knockout? Concussions, and lots of them. While it often seems as though the effect is caused by a single well-placed shot, it is usually the result of many quick punches. Each punch creates a concussion (technically defined as any head injury that causes a disruption of neurological function), and each concussion brings the boxer closer to a state of darkness.*

Here's how it happens: The body contains dissolved sodium, potassium and calcium, collectively known as electrolytes, which are responsible for conducting impulses along neurons. Every time a fighter receives a blow to a nerve, potassium leaves the cell and calcium rushes in, destabilizing the electrolyte balance, while the brain does all it can to keep these levels in balance. With each successive blow, this balance becomes harder and harder to maintain, and more and more energy must be spent in the process. When the body reaches the point where the damage outweighs the body's ability to repair itself, the brain shuts down to conserve enough energy to fix the injured neurons at a later point.

From livestrong.com: "How Does a Punch to the Jaw Cause a Knockout?"

Quote:
Jaw Impact
A punch to the jaw causes the head to suddenly spin around. This can be to the left, to the right, or to the back. This quick motion of the skull causes trauma to the brain that leads to a knockout. Points on the jaw that are especially vulnerable to knockouts are the sides of the chin, and where the jaw is attached to the rest of the skull.

Acceleration and Deceleration
When the jaw is punched, the head quickly accelerates around. After a fraction of a second, it quickly decelerates as muscles, tendons, and bones prevent the head from spinning any further. The brain inside the skull is floating in fluid. It accelerates slower than the rest of the head. This forces it to crash into the inside of the skull when the head stops.

Brain Trauma
When the brain slams into the inside of the skull, it suffers trauma. It then bounces off the inside of the skull and slams into the opposite side. This causes even more trauma. Depending on the force of the punch, this can happen several times before the brain comes to rest inside the skull.

Nervous System Response
The trauma to the brain stimulates an overwhelming number of neurotransmitters to fire at the same time. This essentially overloads the nervous system sending it into a state of temporary paralysis. The person who is hit in the jaw loses consciousness and their muscles relax. They fall to the ground with no memory of being hit.

After reading the two articles, common sense tells me that strengthening my jaw muscle via "Rock Jaw" will not help me take a punch. If you were promoting a product that claims to increase forearm strength, then I'd like to see scientific studies that prove this as well. But you're not. You're claiming to improve jaw strength that will in turn reduce the chances of a knockout, which I don't quite buy based on your*argument* Common sense also tells me that by subtly implying that those who question your product lack common sense is not a good way to do business.
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #45
tmsbry
#1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 14400
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

^^^^^^^^^^



/thread
tmsbry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013