Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
PartALLthaTImE
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2258
Default Price's career going nowhere

He is a good fighter, no doubt.

But now he will be facing 45 year old, I repeat 45 year old (!) Matt Skelton in another meaningless fight.

Price has showcased his abilities more than enough against useless Englobums and needs to step it up !

He is becoming another Povetkin.

There are tons of interesting opponents out there, he could fight Chisora, Fury, Adamek, etc. all of these fight could be made if Price and perhaps more importantly his team agreed.
PartALLthaTImE is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Price's career going nowhere

atrocious matchmaking
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
FloydPatterson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 976

Not to mention the guy is 30 or nearly. But if he wants to take the Kell Brook route so be it.
FloydPatterson is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
Ahurath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 235

He's got 14 fights my friend. Alot of fighters have waited alot longer. Stop comparing him with Mike tyson.

He is getting along fine, building hype and bringing excitment when he fights so its ok.
Ahurath is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

He's being brought along perfectly, I would say. But, sensational performances bring high expectations and high expectations lead to backlash, I suppose.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
He's being brought along perfectly, I would say. But, sensational performances bring high expectations and high expectations lead to backlash, I suppose.
Uh, huh.

He's had what, 14 fights and secured the British and Commenwealth titles with relative ease. He's also beaten some decent domestic names. Lets review in a year to see whether he can remain active and get a Chisora or Fury type scalp under his belt. Nothing wrong with him challenging for World honours when he's 32 ish with a decent resume in my opinion.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #7
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
Uh, huh.

He's had what, 14 fights and secured the British and Commenwealth titles with relative ease. He's also beaten some decent domestic names. Lets review in a year to see whether he can remain active and get a Chisora or Fury type scalp under his belt. Nothing wrong with him challenging for World honours when he's 32 ish with a decent resume in my opinion.

People just expect everyone to explode on the scene knocking everyone and their mothers out.

90% of the time it dosnt work like that
oibighead is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #8
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

Quote:
Uh, huh.

i agree with this..price is in no need for being hurryed along..but if truth be told what is audley and skelton going to do for his ability..audley is just a well known punching bag as a pro.and skelton has seen better younger days..they are pointless fights if you ask me..but like you said no harm in him trotting along and going for a world title when hes 32 ish...i would just be doing it a different way..and continued opponents like this will always beg the question what are they trying to hide...
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsa huge bitch View Post
i agree with this..price is in no need for being hurryed along..but if truth be told what is audley and skelton going to do for his ability..audley is just a well known punching bag as a pro.and skelton has seen better younger days..they are pointless fights if you ask me..but like you said no harm in him trotting along and going for a world title when hes 32 ish...i would just be doing it a different way..and continued opponents like this will always beg the question what are they trying to hide...
Nothing. Beating them will do next to nothing for ability unless he's learning through his camps as well. He's busy and that's about it. I mean, there are other fights out there other than Skelton, but I'll not piss and moan about this one too much (given that it will be his 15th outing) provided we see Price step up in 2013.

The point you raise is the only outstanding issue I have against Price - how will he do when the going gets tough or he's tagged by a heavy puncher. Once this happens we may have an idea on just how far he can progress.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

Quote:
Nothing. Beating them will do next to nothing for ability unless he's learning through his camps as well. He's busy and that's about it. I mean, there are other fights out there other than Skelton, but I'll not piss and moan about this one too much (given that it will be his 15th outing) provided we see Price step up in 2013.

The point you raise is the only outstanding issue I have against Price - how will he do when the going gets tough or he's tagged by a heavy puncher. Once this happens we may have an idea on just how far he can progress.
the experiance of camp is ok i guess and im ok with him being busy.fighting skelton so soon after this is good of him.but hes not going to get rounds is he??i just dont like letting propects fight guys they can walk through then throwing them in with an iron chinned gate keeper then it all goes so wrong if you get what im saying lol..obviously im wondering can he be hit and still go on..but my main concern is always going to be can he land them bombs on the cream of the division..its easy to walk through cans and look good.to many people have done it in the past and have been let downs when they step up.....

but its good to see us brits coming up with some gd prospects who arnt arrogant tits.
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #11
Loggo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

It`ll be Martin Rogan next.No to be fair to him he did want Fury didn`t he,but Fury didn`t want it.
Loggo is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #12
joe33

vCash:

The fight is in dec, it aint like next march, so he can still move on next year and half way through after say a step up in march, really step up again, leaving room if all is well for a good fight vs say fury next oct, nov time
Old 10-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydPatterson View Post
Not to mention the guy is 30 or nearly. But if he wants to take the Kell Brook route so be it.

30 is **** all age in the heavys these days, he is in very good condition, and keeps away from the crap outside that will wreck his career, he could easily go on to his 40's
Old 10-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
Dipset
Dipset4Ever
ESB Addict

vCash: 639

He has no intention on fighting the klits...however after 2 more fights with either Fury or Chisora...I would like to see him fight D.Wilder
Dipset is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #15
Jаck
P4P King
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

The same tactics we've seen before: get busy beating bums and waiting for the Klits to retire.
Jаck is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum