Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #31
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: How to beat Anderson Silva (HILARIOUS!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Thought it would be a tougher fight for Anderson than it turned out to be, I never said he couldn't finish Stephan what I was implying was that it would be very tough for him to do so, I thought it would go to a decision.

Obviously I was wrong.
Talking seriously now though, fair play for that comment.

The thing is, toughness can only get you so far when you are up against Elite level fighters that have a style and skill set which Anderson carries. Fighters like Bonnar, Griffin are tailor made for Silva, slow feet, slow hands, bad timing etc. There is no substitute for technique, combine that with toughness and you have a hell of a fighter.
rainmaker is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #32
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
What I called was that Silva would finish him whenever he decides to do so and I read many comments saying how tough Bonnar is and how Silva can't finish him because no one had stopped him. Well I was pointing out that this toughness was never going to work against Silva as he simply clowned Bonnar, gave him free hits and when he got bored of playing he closed the show in brutal fashion.

Your chum Peter ends up with egg on his face and has since disappeared. You were both trying to say it was going to be a tough fight, but I told you it would be piss easy for the Spider.
You called the fight for Silva by easy stoppage, leaving yourself the option for Silva winning in more than one round.

I called the fight for Silva by way of steady beatdown, acknowledging the chance for the p4p #1 and possible GOAT to annihilate the larger granite-chinned journeyman, as he has done in the LHW division before. But generally, I wasn't making strong predictions so much as just waiting to see what would happen. Waiting to see which man would surprise me.

So I called the result correctly but the specifics wrong, sort of. And you called the fight correctly, and didn't need your fallback of Anderson carrying Bonnar. But really, both of us just predicted the GOAT to beat the biggest underdog in UFC main-event history. So it's hardly anything for anyone to crow too hard about really.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #33
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
You called the fight for Silva by easy stoppage, leaving yourself the option for Silva winning in more than one round.

I called the fight for Silva by way of steady beatdown, acknowledging the chance for the p4p #1 and possible GOAT to annihilate the larger granite-chinned journeyman, as he has done in the LHW division before. But generally, I wasn't making strong predictions so much as just waiting to see what would happen. Waiting to see which man would surprise me.

So I called the result correctly but the specifics wrong, sort of. And you called the fight correctly, and didn't need your fallback of Anderson carrying Bonnar. But really, both of us just predicted the GOAT to beat the biggest underdog in UFC main-event history. So it's hardly anything for anyone to crow too hard about really.

I saw your posts in the other thread too, you were sitting on the fence a fair bit, and saying Anderson will win, but what if........

I never went down that road at least, I pretty much said with certainty that Silva would finish it, and that it was a mismatch. I only saw one outcome, a silva win in brutal fashion. That's the difference from our predictions.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #34
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
I saw your posts in the other thread too, you were sitting on the fence a fair bit, and saying Anderson will win, but what if........

I never went down that road at least, I pretty much said with certainty that Silva would finish it, and that it was a mismatch. I only saw one outcome, a silva win in brutal fashion. That's the difference from our predictions.
Fair enough, but it's splitting hairs really. It's not like I denied the possibility of Silva annihilating him, far from it. I never rated Bonnar's chances as anything other than small, and only then if a 37 year old Anderson had an off night. Which can happen to any fighter (or any athlete for that matter) and nobody can predict it in advance.

It's not a fluke that Bonnar had never been stopped except by cut. But Anderson is the UFC's ATG for a reason. I wasn't THAT surprised by the ease of his victory. But I was more surprised than you were. Is that fair.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #35
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Fair enough, but it's splitting hairs really. It's not like I denied the possibility of Silva annihilating him, far from it. I never rated Bonnar's chances as anything other than small, and only then if a 37 year old Anderson had an off night. Which can happen to any fighter (or any athlete for that matter) and nobody can predict it in advance.

It's not a fluke that Bonnar had never been stopped except by cut. But Anderson is the UFC's ATG for a reason. I wasn't THAT surprised by the ease of his victory. But I was more surprised than you were. Is that fair.

No worries mate. So which was worse, the Forrest ko or the Bonnar annihilation? Both pretty embarrassing for both fighters though. Forrest getting knocked out with a jab and Bonnar getting clowned the way he did. At times it was like Neo in final matrix scene, when he was just swatting away the agents punches with ease, not even looking at them hehe. He allowed Bonnar to swing hard and Anderson just was cold and calm, like man this is easy! That's some fugged up shit!!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #36
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
No worries mate. So which was worse, the Forrest ko or the Bonnar annihilation? Both pretty embarrassing for both fighters though. Forrest getting knocked out with a jab and Bonnar getting clowned the way he did. At times it was like Neo in final matrix scene, when he was just swatting away the agents punches with ease, not even looking at them hehe. He allowed Bonnar to swing hard and Anderson just was cold and calm, like man this is easy! That's some fugged up shit!!
I don't think Bonnar embarrased himself at all, Anderson makes everyone look foolish when he turns into matrix mode
Old 10-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #37
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't think Bonnar embarrased himself at all, Anderson makes everyone look foolish when he turns into matrix mode
Come on man, it's still an embarrassing defeat whichever way you spin it. A fighter's pride is at stake when they step foot in a ring or a cage, to get beat in such a manner of course is embarrassing. No one likes to get treated with such disdain and mocked, then taken out like that. Don't you think?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #38
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Come on man, it's still an embarrassing defeat whichever way you spin it. A fighter's pride is at stake when they step foot in a ring or a cage, to get beat in such a manner of course is embarrassing. No one likes to get treated with such disdain and mocked, then taken out like that. Don't you think?
Depends how bad it is, I don't think Anderson embarrased him I just think he outclassed him, which was what most people expected.

The Forrest one was worse.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #39
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
I think that Bonnar will take it in good spirit. It's not like he got taken out in twenty seconds before he had a chance to do anything, so he won't be tortured with "what ifs". And it's not like he suffered a brutal, extended, merciless beating either.

He went to Brazil on short notice to challenge the UFC's GOAT in front of the guy's countrymen. Anderson stood against the cage and said "Come fight me bro." Bonnar manned the **** up and repeatedly went toe-to-toe with him, knowing damned well that he was totally outclassed and moving forward swinging hard anyway. He accepted the challenge, and Anderson toyed with him and KOed him with one shot. That's exactly what the GOAT has done to many better fighters than Bonnar.

No humiliation for Bonnar as far as I see it. He fought as hard as he could, he showed he had balls by wading in fearlessly instead of avoiding initiating exchanges with Anderson. He kept his pride. Everyone including Bonnar himself knew that Anderson was light years above him and was going to **** him up, and he took the fight to the GOAT anyway. No shame in his performance at all IMO - he did everything that we could have expected of him.

And now he'll always know exactly how great the UFC's greatest champion was. He'll be having a lot of laughs for years, telling stories about the time he went to Brazil to fight Anderson ****ing Silva, and almost made it out of the first round. And he made a fat sack of cash to console him as well.

Last edited by Haggis McJackass; 10-15-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #40
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Depends how bad it is, I don't think Anderson embarrased him I just think he outclassed him, which was what most people expected.

The Forrest one was worse.
Forrest one was much worse. At least Bonnar landed a few, and got to actually trade shots instead of just getting hit at will. And his knockdown, nobody can laugh at him for getting ****ed up by that brutal knee to the face.

Much better performance than Belfort too. At least Bonnar tried his best to take his chance. Belfort just stood there and did absolutely nothing, seemingly afraid to make a move. He basically just got psyched out and then stood there waiting to get knocked out, which sure enough he did.

Last edited by Haggis McJackass; 10-15-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #41
Peter__1987

vCash:

The knee was brutal
Old 10-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #42
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
The knee was brutal
I felt bad when I saw it I thought it was another broken face at the hands of Silva . The knee landed on his chest/abs though.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #43
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBeast View Post
I felt bad when I saw it I thought it was another broken face at the hands of Silva . The knee landed on his chest/abs though.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Can you imagine being in Bonnar's position there? turning round to see the baddest mother****er in history racing towards you ready to **** you up, god damn
Old 10-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #44
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

^ look how calm and relaxed Anderson remains and how perfect his posture is during those final seconds. so deadly
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #45
Peter__1987

vCash:

He's an assasin.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum