Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #31
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pavlik is a bad fight for ward

there are recent reports out there that kp is back drinking.

its obvious to top rank and everyone that kp is not ready for ward after his rehab and they are probably cashing out on kelly for whatever cash they can get before he he completely goes bottle again.

ward will probably be a -450 here and understandably so.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #32
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Just a follow-up...Another decent option for Pavlik, if he's willing to take the extra step, would be to force Abraham's hand and become his mandatory by beating Kessler...assuming Kessler is willing. Froch will likely be tied up 'til the middle of '13 with Bute and Stevenson( his mandatory) and Pavlik will have to fight before then.
If Kessler doesn't take the bait then a Ward matchup might actually be the only viable option... if the money is right. If not, then Edwin Rodriguez is the ONLY option for Pavlik.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #33
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
there are recent reports out there that kp is back drinking.

its obvious to top rank and everyone that kp is not ready for ward after his rehab and they are probably cashing out on kelly for whatever cash they can get before he he completely goes bottle again.

ward will probably be a -450 here and understandably so.
Kelly has already admitted that he will continue to "do what he likes to do" but he has also said that he will be smart about it and not let it affect his career. I know that these are things that professionals should do anyway but he was born and raised in a working class area where drinking is a part of the culture. Give the guy a break.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #34
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
Ward gets an "A+" where Rosinsky gets a "B-." However, I watched Pav/Rosinsky 3 times, and a few different things occured to me. KP fought Rosinsky before there was any talk about Ward/Pavlik, but Rosinsky was a pretty decent Ward tune up.

The only time Rosinsky bothered Pav was when he hit Kelly with a very ward-esque head butt. A short time later Will ended up on the ropes eating about 6 KP shoulders to the jaw. Love him or hate him, fouling KP is never a good idea.

I noticed that in the Froch fight Ward stayed clean for the most part. I suspect he stayed clean because he knew that if he fouled Froch, Carl would come unstuck on his ass. He'll have to keep it clean with Pav as well, and considering Ward's normal tactics that is not to his advantage.

Back to Rosinsky. I find the criticism of Pavlik's performance in that fight to be way off base. Pavlik fought a guy who was a stylistic nightmare for him, stayed calm and resolute, and won 9 of 10 rounds. Will Rosinsky is no Andre Ward, but Pav shows signs of being a calmer, more thoughtful fighter than he has ever been. He'll be able to up his game a notch or two between now and February.

Whether people want to admit it or not has no bearing on reality. Kelly Pavlik is the best in-fighter Ward has faced to date. He uses his shoulders well, he can hook with both hands, he throws uppercuts with both hands, he shifts from orthodox to southpaw and back seemlessly, he rides punches well, and he's strong as an ox.

KP's biggest problem with Ward will lie in the fact that he does not transition well from offense to defense. When Ward leads Pavlik will have real problems doing much other than covering up. Kelly is not a great counter puncher. He says he's working on that, but I really have not seen much progress. The real danger may come from Ward seizing the initiative and keeping it. Pav may not be able to make him back off because he can't counter him.

Andre Ward, "The Son of God," is a pretentious, arrogant, concieted asshole. He will under-estimate Pavlik. Take that to the bank. A few rounds in He'll realize he is in a real fight, and it will be intersting to see how he responds to that.

Pavlik, on the other hand, knows he will be facing one of the top fighters of the current era: A kid who stands a good chance of usurping Calzaghe's place as the all time best at 168. I've been following KP since he was 18 years old, so trust me on this, Pavlik wants redemption, and Ward is his shot. As long as KP stays on his current path, and keeps his shit together, he may very well put on his best performance to date.

Will he win? As of right now, I doubt it. Will he surprise the shit out of a bunch of people? Probably.
I "get it", I honestly like Kelly and wish him the best, but Ward beats the shit out of him and this would be a horrible fight for him to take. If he (Pavlik) were smart he'd fight Bute, Ward shits down his neck, all due respect to Kelly.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #35
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnxhands View Post
Awkward rangy, power, great one two with a solid uppercut comin for andre on the inside. Great fight make it happen
you have that gay ass avatar for 1 reason, your fight predictions sucks. Pavlik doesnt belong in the same ring with Ward, it would be a 1 sided massacre. I cannot remember the last top10 guy KP has beaten
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #36
Tyler-Durden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
you have that gay ass avatar for 1 reason, your fight predictions sucks. Pavlik doesnt belong in the same ring with Ward, it would be a 1 sided massacre. I cannot remember the last top10 guy KP has beaten
Yes that's normal because it was 5 years ago and it was Jermaine Taylor. Actually his record post Taylor is pure garbage.
Tyler-Durden is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #37
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-Durden View Post
Yes that's normal because it was 5 years ago and it was Jermaine Taylor. Actually his record post Taylor is pure garbage.

problem is people that make these gay predictions only the KP that fought JT and not the one of the last 5 years.... they somehow skip over his recent performances and assume he will be the guy who fought taylor.....
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #38
Midwest_Chopper
Shalom
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
Ward gets an "A+" where Rosinsky gets a "B-." However, I watched Pav/Rosinsky 3 times, and a few different things occured to me. KP fought Rosinsky before there was any talk about Ward/Pavlik, but Rosinsky was a pretty decent Ward tune up.

The only time Rosinsky bothered Pav was when he hit Kelly with a very ward-esque head butt. A short time later Will ended up on the ropes eating about 6 KP shoulders to the jaw. Love him or hate him, fouling KP is never a good idea.

I noticed that in the Froch fight Ward stayed clean for the most part. I suspect he stayed clean because he knew that if he fouled Froch, Carl would come unstuck on his ass. He'll have to keep it clean with Pav as well, and considering Ward's normal tactics that is not to his advantage.

Back to Rosinsky. I find the criticism of Pavlik's performance in that fight to be way off base. Pavlik fought a guy who was a stylistic nightmare for him, stayed calm and resolute, and won 9 of 10 rounds. Will Rosinsky is no Andre Ward, but Pav shows signs of being a calmer, more thoughtful fighter than he has ever been. He'll be able to up his game a notch or two between now and February.

Whether people want to admit it or not has no bearing on reality. Kelly Pavlik is the best in-fighter Ward has faced to date. He uses his shoulders well, he can hook with both hands, he throws uppercuts with both hands, he shifts from orthodox to southpaw and back seemlessly, he rides punches well, and he's strong as an ox.

KP's biggest problem with Ward will lie in the fact that he does not transition well from offense to defense. When Ward leads Pavlik will have real problems doing much other than covering up. Kelly is not a great counter puncher. He says he's working on that, but I really have not seen much progress. The real danger may come from Ward seizing the initiative and keeping it. Pav may not be able to make him back off because he can't counter him.

Andre Ward, "The Son of God," is a pretentious, arrogant, concieted asshole. He will under-estimate Pavlik. Take that to the bank. A few rounds in He'll realize he is in a real fight, and it will be intersting to see how he responds to that.

Pavlik, on the other hand, knows he will be facing one of the top fighters of the current era: A kid who stands a good chance of usurping Calzaghe's place as the all time best at 168. I've been following KP since he was 18 years old, so trust me on this, Pavlik wants redemption, and Ward is his shot. As long as KP stays on his current path, and keeps his shit together, he may very well put on his best performance to date.

Will he win? As of right now, I doubt it. Will he surprise the shit out of a bunch of people? Probably.
Midwest_Chopper is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #39
zicas
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1175

Ward schools him worse than old man Hops did
zicas is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #40
mclovellin87
el Terrible
ESB Senior Member

So Ward dominates Kessler, Froch and Dawson but Pavlik is going to be his hardest fight? I know styles make fights but come on.
mclovellin87 is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #41
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclovellin87 View Post
So Ward dominates Kessler, Froch and Dawson but Pavlik is going to be his hardest fight? I know styles make fights but come on.
Garcia has Pavlik working on new things. Pavlik's left was always under rated but Garcia is having Kelly use it even more. If Kelly can put it all together, Boo is right, this won't be the fight people expect. Bazooka made the point that in a fight like this Kelly will react instead of think about what he is doing which has been pretty obvious as he has worked in some of his new stuff in his recent bouts.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #42
mclovellin87
el Terrible
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Garcia has Pavlik working on new things. Pavlik's left was always under rated but Garcia is having Kelly use it even more. If Kelly can put it all together, Boo is right, this won't be the fight people expect. Bazooka made the point that in a fight like this Kelly will react instead of think about what he is doing which has been pretty obvious as he has worked in some of his new stuff in his recent bouts.
I hope you're right, I always liked watching Pavlik he's an entertainer so it would be good to see him somehow push Ward a bit but I can't see it. Just using his left hook more isn't going to make much different vs Ward imo. The only weakness I have seen in Ward was him slightly fading in the last few rounds of the Froch fight.
mclovellin87 is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #43
Toontoon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

Pavlik is a past prime wino.

No way he wins.
Toontoon is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #44
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lmao

stfu
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #45
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Shit thread. Kelly Pavlik gets whitewashed then KO'ed in the late rounds. He looks like shit against club fighters he fights in bars. Stop the Ward hate. Pavlik's sober days are long past.
GOW7 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum