boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #16
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,675
vCash: 75
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
16 months ago. Not to mention Margo was tailer made for Mosley.

Mosley could prob fight that version of Margo now, and TKO him by beating him to the punch then holding.
And how long a lay off did the jap boy have? 12 months

Get over it Mosley beat a prime margarito then went and lost to floyd mayweather. That win ****s on donaire win, it just the truth.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #17
bodyopus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Muntinlupa, Philippines
Posts: 266
vCash: 500
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
it's when mosley gassed in just the 3rd round and that was after a big 2nd round against floyd. sign of burnt-out.
Why, because you say so? How about the fact that he hit Floyd with everything but the kitchen sink in round 2, only to be was walked down and have almost all his offense taken away from him the rest of the round not to mention the fight? What about the fact that he was getting countered and was reluctant to throw the shots that he might regularly throw? We have seen Mosley frustrated in fights before that, where he gave the "I give up" face and the Mayweather fight was no exception. But because you want to discredit anything Mayweather does, Mosley gassed, and was burt out? Funny, before it was signed everyone was saying that Mayweather wouldn't fight him. Whether you like it or not, that Mosley that Floyd fought, was the same one that Pac's team tried to drain down to 140 because he was "too good" and blatantly ducked after he said YES. Only after he got the brakes beat off him by Mayweather and looked bad again Mora, would they agree to fight him.
bodyopus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #18
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyopus View Post
Why, because you say so? How about the fact that he hit Floyd with everything but the kitchen sink in round 2, only to be was walked down and have almost all his offense taken away from him the rest of the round not to mention the fight? What about the fact that he was getting countered and was reluctant to throw the shots that he might regularly throw? We have seen Mosley frustrated in fights before that, where he gave the "I give up" face and the Mayweather fight was no exception. But because you want to discredit anything Mayweather does, Mosley gassed, and was burt out? Funny, before it was signed everyone was saying that Mayweather wouldn't fight him. Whether you like it or not, that Mosley that Floyd fought, was the same one that Pac's team tried to drain down to 140 because he was "too good" and blatantly ducked after he said YES. Only after he got the brakes beat off him by Mayweather and looked bad again Mora, would they agree to fight him.
mosley was not even countered in the first two rounds. mosley got the 2nd round big and he was gassed after that huffing in the third round. he was trading with canelo 2 years later and was not gassed unlike the fight with floyd.

the reason is this, listen. when a fighter traibs for a fight, ranges fron 8 weeks to 12 weeks, depends on athe fighter and how many rounds he is training for, they need to target his peak condition (90 to 95%) a week before the fight so that he would be ready by fight day for the big event. in mosley's case, he had almost reached his peak for the berto fight but needs to reset again when it was cancelled. so by the time hecwas about to fight floyd, he might be burnt-out from too much training and it showed in the actual fight in just the third round. floyd was not even touching him until the third when mosley gassed.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #19
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,675
vCash: 75
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
mosley was not even countered in the first two rounds. mosley got the 2nd round big and he was gassed after that huffing in the third round. he was trading with canelo 2 years later and was not gassed unlike the fight with floyd.

the reason is this, listen. when a fighter traibs for a fight, ranges fron 8 weeks to 12 weeks, depends on athe fighter and how many rounds he is training for, they need to target his peak condition (90 to 95%) a week before the fight so that he would be ready by fight day for the big event. in mosley's case, he had almost reached his peak for the berto fight but needs to reset again when it was cancelled. so by the time hecwas about to fight floyd, he might be burnt-out from too much training and it showed in the actual fight in just the third round. floyd was not even touching him until the third when mosley gassed.
Yeah floyd the relentless puncher made mosley burn himself out after 3 rounds. The fact is mosley couldn't get off after 3 rounds because floyd was always in a position to counter.

I think Naz knows more about shane's condition leading into the mayweather than you do sitting behind your computer. And Naz was happy with Mosley with the weeks going into that fight.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #20
Porgeous Porge
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
Yeah floyd the relentless puncher made mosley burn himself out after 3 rounds. The fact is mosley couldn't get off after 3 rounds because floyd was always in a position to counter.

I think Naz knows more about shane's condition leading into the mayweather than you do sitting behind your computer. And Naz was happy with Mosley with the weeks going into that fight.
Bingo...

As for the OP the Mosley win to me was better

while watching the Nishioka fight I was thinking this was the guy everyone said was Donaires best opponent and a tough obstacle

i was just thinking the whole time how much more interesting a Rigo fight would be
Porgeous Porge is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #21
bodyopus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Muntinlupa, Philippines
Posts: 266
vCash: 500
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
it was just for 1 or 2 people....but it's refreshing for you to admit it.
Seeing that Roach wanted NOTHING to do with that relevant version of Margarito when it brought up and Pac waited until he became irrelevant to fight him, I take it those 1 or 2 people you refer to were Pac and Roach??
bodyopus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #22
bodyopus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Muntinlupa, Philippines
Posts: 266
vCash: 500
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
16 months ago. Not to mention Margo was tailer made for Mosley.

Mosley could prob fight that version of Margo now, and TKO him by beating him to the punch then holding.
Fact is, this fight was considered a complete mismatch. Margarito was supposed to destroy a shot Mosley. Were you saying that before the fight happened?

Last edited by bodyopus; 10-15-2012 at 10:21 AM.
bodyopus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #23
Bravado
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Mosley came to win.......meanwhile Donaire....like every fight...had to showboat just a tad to get the other guy to open up. Mosley went toe to toe with Cotto, watched the " baddest man at WW " KO the guy he lost to....and then KO'D a guy who was the severe underdog to

Maybe training for Berto did kinda burn him out....but i only entertain it because at that age....it could be possible, but i really doubt it. Maybe it was his nerves when he fought Floyd
Bravado is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #24
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
Yeah floyd the relentless puncher made mosley burn himself out after 3 rounds. The fact is mosley couldn't get off after 3 rounds because floyd was always in a position to counter.

I think Naz knows more about shane's condition leading into the mayweather than you do sitting behind your computer. And Naz was happy with Mosley with the weeks going into that fight.

exactly, it's strange for mosley to burn out after just two rounds when the first two rounds have no fast paced action except for the two good shots that almost decked floyd. i fully explained the details and it's no secret that mosley was at almost peak condition for the berto fight when it got cancelled thus he needs to reset once again for the floyd fight. it's not only mosley who tends to go this route and many boxers have ****ed up their training schedules because of cancelled fights.

and of course, a coach or his team would say that a fighter is ready leading to a fight. you don't want your opponent to get a hint that you are under-trained or in mosley's case, over-trained.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #25
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyopus View Post
Fact is, this fight was considered a complete mismatch. Margarito was supposed to destroy a shot Mosley. Were you saying that before the fight happened?
that margarito who fought mosley was distraught after just getting caught trying to cheat. margarito's mind must be on what would happen to his career after that event and not on the actual fight.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #26
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,675
vCash: 75
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
that margarito who fought mosley was distraught after just getting caught trying to cheat. margarito's mind must be on what would happen to his career after that event and not on the actual fight.


I've heard it all now.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #27
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post


I've heard it all now.
so are you saying that after just getting caught, margarito is still focused on the fight at hand? he knows that he and his team ****ed-up and thinking about what would happen to his career at that very moment.

Last edited by puga_ni_nana; 10-15-2012 at 11:46 AM.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #28
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Nonito's win over Nishioka, and it ain't even close.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #29
Midwest_Chopper
Shalom
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
so are you saying that after just getting caught, margarito is still focused on the figth in hand? he knows that he and his team ****ed-up and thinking about what would happen to his career at that moment.
Look at the compubox stats ****. Mosleys punch output was consistent for most of the fight.


Its called adjustments. Floyd took away Mosleys overhand right and it was over.
Midwest_Chopper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #30
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: The better win Mayweather UD Mosley or Donaire TKO Nishioka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest_Chopper View Post
Look at the compubox stats ****. Mosleys punch output was consistent for most of the fight.


Its called adjustments. Floyd took away Mosleys overhand right and it was over.
i thought you guys don't believe in compubox?

mosley was gasping for air at the beginning of third round. floyd has yet to operate fully. it's a sign of being burnt out in his training.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015