Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #31
Run It
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California
Posts: 287
vCash: 500
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
2008 Cotto stops Floyd!!
maybe beats the 2012 version.

people seem to forget that Floyd has aged.

2008 Floyd stops 2008 Cotto. FACT.
Run It is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #32
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Julie Benz Island
Posts: 16,375
vCash: 9653
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run It View Post
maybe beats the 2012 version.

people seem to forget that Floyd has aged.

2008 Floyd stops 2008 Cotto. FACT.
ok my mistake... 2008 Cotto stops 2012 Floyd and he gives 2008 Floyd hell!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #33
nastynas
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,969
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

I scored it 7-5 Floyd, but I had a bunch of drunk Ricans screaming in my ears the whole time.
nastynas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #34
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MEMPHIS,TENN HOME OF THE FIRST 48
Posts: 5,034
vCash: 571251
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

10-2 floyd
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #35
avenel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

7-5 floyd much closer than bradley vs pac
avenel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #36
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 121
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

First time I scored it was 6-6 without even rounds, and 6-4-2 for Floyd including 2 even rounds, but even though I was trying to be objective, I have to recognize potential bias after the excitement of watching it the first time and seeing Miguel do so well. I'll probably score it again. There were a lot of close rounds though, and I agree there was more of a case for Cotto than there ever was for Bradley.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #37
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35,422
vCash: 138
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenel View Post
7-5 floyd much closer than bradley vs pac
No it wasn't. Pac didn't do shit the last 4 rounds of that fight. PBF dominated Cotto.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #38
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 1119
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

I had Floyd by an easy UD. 10-2 or 9-3. Cotto landed nothing more than jabs. Floyd was landing crisp counters and was the aggressor / dictator of the fight.

Cotto having Floyd against the ropes doesn't mean he dictated the fight. Yes, he pinned Floyd, but pinning someone usually indicates landing/trading punches and that's something Cotto was unable to do (other than a few jabs). All the while Floyd landed counter/cleaner punches. So I believe Floyd dictated the pace/style of that fight, despite being against the ropes for nearly half the fight.
bjl12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #39
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 1119
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
2008 Cotto stops Floyd!!
2008 Cotto versus 2012 Floyd would be an interesting fight. At least I think so.

2008 Floyd dominates 2008 Cotto and 2012 Floyd dominated 2012 Cotto. But 2008 Cotto and 2012 Floyd would be an awesome fight to watch
bjl12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #40
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington State, USA
Posts: 15,409
vCash: 0
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

9-3 Mayweather

Cotto won two decisive rounds and Mayweather won seven decisive rounds in my opinion, so anything from 7-5 to 10-2 is acceptable for me. No way in hell Cotto won 6 of those rounds, sorry.
Nonito Smoak is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #41
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35,422
vCash: 138
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjl12 View Post
I had Floyd by an easy UD. 10-2 or 9-3. Cotto landed nothing more than jabs. Floyd was landing crisp counters and was the aggressor / dictator of the fight.

Cotto having Floyd against the ropes doesn't mean he dictated the fight. Yes, he pinned Floyd, but pinning someone usually indicates landing/trading punches and that's something Cotto was unable to do (other than a few jabs). All the while Floyd landed counter/cleaner punches. So I believe Floyd dictated the pace/style of that fight, despite being against the ropes for nearly half the fight.
Exactly PBF landed the cleaner and harder blows. The fact that PBF got his nose busted up by jabs and he was able to pin PBF against the ropes gave the illusion that he was doing better than he actually was. When in fact he was losing rounds clearly and taking a lot of punishment. I guess the fact that people thought PBF was going to put on a Gatti type of performance led them into thinking Cotto did better and it was a close fight. PBF won that fight going away 10-2 or 9-3 at worst.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #42
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 9,212
vCash: 75
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
I had the fight a draw... A shot Cotto gave Floyd the business!!


Pac Knocked his ass out! LMAO...
No you didn't, STFU.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #43
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

That ass whipping Mayweather put on Cotto probably take years of his career, whoever thinks Cotto won more than 3 rounds doesn't know shit about boxing
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #44
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 1119
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
Exactly PBF landed the cleaner and harder blows. The fact that PBF got his nose busted up by jabs and he was able to pin PBF against the ropes gave the illusion that he was doing better than he actually was. When in fact he was losing rounds clearly and taking a lot of punishment. I guess the fact that people thought PBF was going to put on a Gatti type of performance led them into thinking Cotto did better and it was a close fight. PBF won that fight going away 10-2 or 9-3 at worst.
Floyd being pinned against the ropes and the fact that Floyd bled really influenced some people's perception on the fight. It's so damn important, imo, to watch a fight on mute. HBO announcers, in particular, do not call what is happening. They have a script and they try to blend their script with the fight, or at least it seems like that.

Floyd looked solid in his fight vs Cotto even though he was much less mobile than what he used to be.
bjl12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #45
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Check hook avenue. Essex.
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 889
Default Re: Maybe cotto did beat mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
First time I scored it was 6-6 without even rounds, and 6-4-2 for Floyd including 2 even rounds, but even though I was trying to be objective, I have to recognize potential bias after the excitement of watching it the first time and seeing Miguel do so well. I'll probably score it again. There were a lot of close rounds though, and I agree there was more of a case for Cotto than there ever was for Bradley.
come on man!!!!
Hook! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013