Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #31
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do Fans give Shane Mosley a Pass for Steroids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
True. And it's crazy how people will shit on Oscar for "losing to all the good fighters he fought" and turn a blind eye to him only losing to a juiced fighter in his prime
So whine about it why don't ya? That'll certainly solve things. Besides, this doesn't even make a lick of sense. Here's a simple fact, anything negative said about a boxer, you can find just as much positive said by others. Not all people say DLH lost all his big fights. Maybe you should step away from the board for a while if you think that's common knowledge. It's not. ESB doesn't represent anyone but the opinions of the posters here. 90% of whom I don't see any having, or using, any form of actual knowldge, or common sense. And people HAVE BEEN giving Shane shit. What constitutes a pass anyway? Making generalizations is used WAAY too often here on ESB. Usually just ends up making posters look like idiots. BTW, do turn a blind eye to DLH for his multiple rape charges while shitting on Shane?
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #32
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uckaPunch41510 View Post
Why does manny get a pass for DUCKING TESTING?
He doesn't. Pacquiao is a fraud. He is not and has never been a pound-for-pound fighter. He did (and may still) use steroids or some sort of serious PED's. This can be indirectly proven by simply reflecting upon Shane Mosley's testimony following his fight with Pac, when he said "I've never felt power like that before." Shane Mosley fought Vernon twice, Winky twice, prime DLH twice, Vargas twice and Mayorga twice. Every single one of those guys were heavy hitters. Yet some little ass Flipino who has absolutely atrocious boxing ability/footwork is supposed to somehow generate more leverage and power than the aforementioned fighters? **** no.

Pac doesn't get a pass. It's just that most of his fans are uneducated and have lots of time on their hands where they can sit around all day and flood forums and message boards. It's not worth my time, or most people's time, to educate ignorant pieces of trash. Let them follow their hero (cheater) off a ****ing cliff
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #33
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
So whine about it why don't ya? That'll certainly solve things. Besides, this doesn't even make a lick of sense. Here's a simple fact, anything negative said about a boxer, you can find just as much positive said by others. Not all people say DLH lost all his big fights. Maybe you should step away from the board for a while if you think that's common knowledge. It's not. ESB doesn't represent anyone but the opinions of the posters here. 90% of whom I don't see any having, or using, any form of actual knowldge, or common sense. And people HAVE BEEN giving Shane shit. What constitutes a pass anyway? Making generalizations is used WAAY too often here on ESB. Usually just ends up making posters look like idiots. BTW, do turn a blind eye to DLH for his multiple rape charges while shitting on Shane?
I don't shit on Shane. Never have. I'm probably one of the biggest Shane fans on this board.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #34
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
Bump that I believe that's the only reason he beat Oscar .
Old 10-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #35
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
I don't shit on Shane. Never have. I'm probably one of the biggest Shane fans on this board.
Cool. I WAS one of the biggest Shane supporters, but after the Balco scandal, just couldn't look at him the same.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #36
#Tremendous
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

He passed all his lie detector tests.
#Tremendous is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #37
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjl12 View Post
He doesn't. Pacquiao is a fraud. He is not and has never been a pound-for-pound fighter. He did (and may still) use steroids or some sort of serious PED's. This can be indirectly proven by simply reflecting upon Shane Mosley's testimony following his fight with Pac, when he said "I've never felt power like that before." Shane Mosley fought Vernon twice, Winky twice, prime DLH twice, Vargas twice and Mayorga twice. Every single one of those guys were heavy hitters. Yet some little ass Flipino who has absolutely atrocious boxing ability/footwork is supposed to somehow generate more leverage and power than the aforementioned fighters? **** no.
That's not even close to being indirectly proven. That's laughable.

Based on your theory, James Toney is a bigger hitter than Lennox Lewis, because he could stop Holyfield and Lewis couldn't right?

Mosley wasn't almost ****ing 40 when he fought those guys either. Being old, slow, and unable to get out of the way of everything coming at you will have that effect on you. We also know boxers talk shit 90% of the time as well.

Winky Wright is not exactly what I'd call a heavy hitter, with a less than 50% KO record.
And how many of those was Mosley juiced for?

You are simply making shit up. Absolutely ****ing making things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjl12 View Post
Pac doesn't get a pass. It's just that most of his fans are uneducated and have lots of time on their hands where they can sit around all day and flood forums and message boards. It's not worth my time, or most people's time, to educate ignorant pieces of trash. Let them follow their hero (cheater) off a ****ing cliff
Quite ironic that you're posting that on a forum.
thesandman is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #38
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 488

Mosley is a steroid cheat and I for one don't give him a pass but unlike other roid abusers Mosley fought everyone on and off the juice, he had an iron chin and until recently he had a lots of fighting heart all of which are qualities that are admirable even if he was roided at some stage in his career.
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #39
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

why ? i thought a dinner dae would be good. nice boxing convo . An lol you are slow as shit. Your from dallas though so go figure. largest state with the least amount of boxing champs. congratulations dumb shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitta_Squadup View Post
Oh now you wanna pretend you like bitches, I'm a grown man I don't condone your lifestyle of having *** with the same ***...faggot...
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #40
kragz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 4708

Mosley took roids but was still a warrior. At least he fought the best.

Not like that ****ing faggot Roy Jones Jr. He was juicing like crazy, fighting bums and claiming to be the best. Everything about him screams massive cunt.
kragz is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #41
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
That's not even close to being indirectly proven. That's laughable.

Based on your theory, James Toney is a bigger hitter than Lennox Lewis, because he could stop Holyfield and Lewis couldn't right?

Mosley wasn't almost ****ing 40 when he fought those guys either. Being old, slow, and unable to get out of the way of everything coming at you will have that effect on you. We also know boxers talk shit 90% of the time as well.
Mosley is not a "typical" boxer. He does not trash talk or shit talk anyone. I don't believe he ever has. In fact, he's ALWAYS told the truth - even when it came to his own steroid use.

What does age have anything to do with Mosley's statement? Mosley said, "I've never felt power like that before." I think a hall of fame boxer (like Shane Mosley) can tell the difference between an opponent's power and his own mistake of not getting out of the way quick enough (which is what you're saying).

So, again, let's try to be somewhat objective. On one side we have Shane Mosley, a first ballot hall of fame boxer with an indisputable boxing resume, making a statement regarding Manny Pacquiao's punching power, "I've never felt power like that before." Now, in the context this statement was made, Shane does not mention that he believes the power he felt had to do with his age or his ability to "get out of the way," as you suggest.

Then we have you, a random user on a boxing forum, "thesandman." Somehow you feel qualified and educated enough to understand Shane's statement better than Shane himself understood it. For whatever reason, you think you know better than Shane Mosley regarding boxing (the hall of fame boxer).

Man, you should be a ****ing boxing analyst or something, because jesus christ you know better than Shane Mosley does. What the **** are you doing wasting your intellect and abilities on a boxing forum?

God you are stupid as a rock. You, stupid as a rock? Well, given my first post, about the whole Manny Pacquiao fans being uneducated thing... yeah, it's all making sense now

And by the way, your hero, Manny Pacman Pacquiao, is or was juicing. Sad story bro

Last edited by bjl12; 10-15-2012 at 08:29 PM.
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #42
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Cool. I WAS one of the biggest Shane supporters, but after the Balco scandal, just couldn't look at him the same.
I remember that time.

There was Farmy who is like MVC today, repetitive but he makes sense. Unlike MVC who sprouts Floyd nonsense like no other.

Then there's the all Oscar supporter (although a big Wlad fan too) WiddowMaker. Much like turbo right now (except the Wlad part).

We were all debating the Oscar-Shane 2 decision.

Which side of the fence were you on Lance?
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #43
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
I remember that time.

There was Farmy who is like MVC today, repetitive but he makes sense. Unlike MVC who sprouts Floyd nonsense like no other.

Then there's the all Oscar supporter (although a big Wlad fan too) WiddowMaker. Much like turbo right now (except the Wlad part).

Good memory dude! Back then, I was 100% behind Shane. Had him winning the DLH rematch too. I never bought into DLH's attempts to steal rounds at the last 10 seconds with fan friendly shoe shiners that really don't do much. And don't get me wrong, I didn't just stop liking him once the Balco thing got more open. Just felt incredibly disappointed by Shane and didn't feel right mustering up the same amount of support for him.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #44
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
I remember that time.

I'm one of the few that don't even go about saying Mosley got robbed in the rematch. I just take issue with people that shit on Oscar about the Mosley fights, being that they were as close and competitive as they were, and Mosley was on the good stuff for them.

If you want to give Mosley the W for the fight go right ahead, but if you want to sweep his cheating under the rug in his biggest wins...then that's on you.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:15 AM   #45
crazy8s
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Boxing is a forgiving sport in general, when it comes to steriods. At the end of the day a lot of people just don't care.

Alot of these newer fans get amped up over it because of Mayweather's accusations. When a lot these black fighters get caught people want to link that to Mayweather, insinuating that it's a problem with black fighters.

If Floyd didn't make those accusations, people would continue to give two ****s about it. They never seemed to care before.
crazy8s is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum