Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #16
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: 10 years from now, will we have "Pacquiao Cheated" ala Lance Armstrong?

people will never stop accusing him even in years to come (still without a thread of proof).

if you are considered P4P number one and you are on roids.. then u prob wouldent need to take on fighters coming off losses (and or weight draining them)
Barrera is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #17
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Default Re: 10 years from now, will we have "Pacquiao Cheated" ala Lance Armstrong?

Aren't they already saying that NOW?

Nobody would care anyway, especially if it's ten yrs from now. As shitty as it sounds the majority of boxing fans tend to be lenient when it comes to PED users. Take a look at all the boxers who have been caught using PEDs. They all have been given a slap on the wrist. Berto and Peterson will return to the ring at some point and fans will continue to cheer for them as if nothing happened.

Never been a Pac fan. I don't care what happens to him. If he's found guilty then I'd just tell myself and others I'm not surprised. If not, good for him. I'd be too busy being entertained by other fighters to give a rat's ass about news on Pac ten yrs from now.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #18
davebenoit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcity View Post
No, that's why I don't understand his resistance to the osdt. Wait I do. He dosn't want to fight Mayweather. Notice that he "agrees" to Mayweather's terms when he's getting ready to fight someone else? There are two truths about Manny Pacquiao. The first is that he's not a monster at 147. Look at who he fought. Cotto is the beat guy he's fought at the weight or above. That's not saying much. The other truth is that even if he's sincere about fighting Mayweather now. He never was from the time the fight was proposed till now.
It takes two to tango. On the other hand, does Floyd want to fight Pac? No response up to now despite the fact that Pac accepted a lower purse.
davebenoit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #19
davebenoit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

in response to your thread. No, far too remote. Pac is clean. The Mayweathers have already retracted their statements.
davebenoit is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #20
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpicide View Post
Well.. Armstrong has evidence against him. They know he cheated over a looong period of time. Pacman is hard work! So don't compare
There is a reason Manny is ducking HIPPA and the OSDT, if he signs he HIPPAA release in order for the testing to start, they have access to all of his past medical files and who knows what gets exposed from that, and also they can test his samples years down the line for yet undetectable roids
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #21
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

Manny has nobody to blame but himself.

He should never have refused the drug test originally.
His team should never had made up excuse, after excuse to defend his reluctance to take the test.

And in a time where multiple fighters are agreeing to undertaker WADA or USDSA testing. Manny still refuses to take any additional testing favouring those of the commission instead.

Manny Pacquiao will always be a cheat in my eyes. That destruction phase he went through for a few years (Hatton, Cotto, ODLH etc) will always be tainted.

This isnt because I am a Flomo, its just basic common sense.

If you have nothing to hide, why act like you have? Why give people a reason to doubt you.?
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #22
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcity View Post
No, that's why I don't understand his resistance to the osdt. Wait I do. He dosn't want to fight Mayweather. Notice that he "agrees" to Mayweather's terms when he's getting ready to fight someone else? There are two truths about Manny Pacquiao. The first is that he's not a monster at 147. Look at who he fought. Cotto is the beat guy he's fought at the weight or above. That's not saying much. The other truth is that even if he's sincere about fighting Mayweather now. He never was from the time the fight was proposed till now.

How can you say fighting cotto is not saying much?

oibighead is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #23
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_grande View Post
Manny has nobody to blame but himself.

He should never have refused the drug test originally.
His team should never had made up excuse, after excuse to defend his reluctance to take the test.

And in a time where multiple fighters are agreeing to undertaker WADA or USDSA testing. Manny still refuses to take any additional testing favouring those of the commission instead.

Manny Pacquiao will always be a cheat in my eyes. That destruction phase he went through for a few years (Hatton, Cotto, ODLH etc) will always be tainted.

This isnt because I am a Flomo, its just basic common sense.

If you have nothing to hide, why act like you have? Why give people a reason to doubt you.?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #24
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
lance failed at suing.

Pac won..
and OJ won too. Means nothing.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #25
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru

When Pac stops making someone money, they will make money off him in another way
Old 10-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #26
Elliot
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 634

It wouldn't shock me either way, we simply don't know.
Elliot is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #27
santiagoraga
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Taking in account the collective critical thinking skills I've seen from members on this board, I have to say they're not smart or clever enough to challenge mediocrity, never mind trying to predict the future.
santiagoraga is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #28
tarugojones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lance ( OSDT ) + Floyd ( OSDT ) = PEDS USERS
tarugojones is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #29
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Not 10 years but 2. Especially if Manny becomes a hulk again then diminishes yet again for like the 3rd time in his career. When Ariza entered the scene the best Manny graced boxing but now that he's gone Manny is back to ordinary. The bottom line is Manny was on PEDS. People can deny it all they want but to many inconsistencies and I'm talking about significant inconsistencies for a "clean" fighter.
GOW7 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum