Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #16
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044
Default Re: Geale VS Mandy - Objective thoughts please, leave the trolling at the gate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
The main 2 concersn are his eye and his Hip, He has kept the severity of his hip injury under wraps for many years, but there is a reason why his movement and defense isn't once what it was and its not entirely to do with him getting older. His hips bothers him in big ways
Yep.
Sox is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #17
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Geale VS Mandy - Objective thoughts please, leave the trolling at the gate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
I see mundine showing everything he has got in the first 2 rounds, and then leaving it all there.
Mundines only chance is to stop Geale in the first 2-3, after that conditioning takes over. Mundine may have a couple of flashes of his former self here and there in the later rounds, but his age, and obvious lack of strength will play a big part.

His level of opponent in the last 3 years has been nowhere. Geale on the other hand has fought and won against world class, claiming 2 titles. Mundine has fought noones, and won nothing, and has been stopped by Garth wood. These facts facts speak for themselves.

Rounds 1-3 = Choc stays with Geale and survives with movement
Rounds 4-6= Geale ups the workrate, Choc on the back foot
Rounds 7-9= Geales workrate too much for choc, loses all 3 rounds
Roundss 10-12 Geales Work rate tires choc, and choc gets caught with shots, possible stoppage in rounds 10-11.
Winner - Geale
Choc retires.
The only problem I envisage is Mundine is a different style of fighter than Geale has been facing. But I think his movement ,handspeed,even hand eye coordination are in decline and Geales improving Geale wide UD maybe late TKO. Choc's running on old legs to borrow his putdown line.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #18
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Mundine does have faster hands than Geale, Geales work rate alone can NOT win him this fight, Mundine is more accurate and he has hurt Geale in the past he will be able to do it again, Geale couldnt bust a grape and wont hurt Mundine a bit.

The last person who claimed he was robbed vs Mundine was Soliman and we all know what happen when Mundine gave him the rematch, 2nd time Round Mundine is a much better fighter when he has your number. Geale wont win this
TCboxa is online now  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #19
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

against mkart and alvarez that famous speed wasnt there for mundine but he did dominate both fights he has finally matured into a good boxer, but mundines punch output was terrible, ring movement was ok. but some 1with geales work rate will force mundine to lift his tempo and he hasnt done that in years and i dont think he can do it..
if he tries he will get stopped !
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #20
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Mundine does have faster hands than Geale, Geales work rate alone can NOT win him this fight, Mundine is more accurate and he has hurt Geale in the past he will be able to do it again, Geale couldnt bust a grape and wont hurt Mundine a bit.

The last person who claimed he was robbed vs Mundine was Soliman and we all know what happen when Mundine gave him the rematch, 2nd time Round Mundine is a much better fighter when he has your number. Geale wont win this
Can see what you mean but that was at SMW. Soliman is a MW. Mundine was much stronger at SMW he's weaker at MW. The only way I see Mundine winning this is on the cards.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #21
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Mundine does have faster hands than Geale,
Mandy did have faster hands than Geale, not now though.
Quote:
Geales work rate alone can NOT win him this fight,
Actually it can.
Quote:
Mundine is more accurate
Again, Mandy was once very accurate and slick. He is not today. There are very genuine and specific reasons for that.
Quote:
and he has hurt Geale in the past he will be able to do it again,
No, and hell no.
I've watched Geale VS Mandy more than anyone, and not at any point were either fighters hurt.
Quote:
Geale couldnt bust a grape
Not sure why you keep saying that, Geales KO rate is 51%, Mandys is 54%.
By your definition, Mandy can't bust a grape either.

Bottom line is, both men have enough power to get the job done. Neither is a one punch KO artist.
Quote:
and wont hurt Mundine a bit.
Geale will wear him down with accumulation.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #22
Sox
East Side Guru

Wow, a thread which hasn't degenerated into a slanging match, yet, well done lads.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #23
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Prime Mundine would box Geale's ears off. This faded version not so sure. One of the few times Mundine comes in as the genuine underdog.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #24
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyking View Post
Prime Mundine would box Geale's ears off. This faded version not so sure. One of the few times Mundine comes in as the genuine underdog.
well a prime mundine just got past geale last time, now a more experienced and prime geale has a 2nd shot ...heavy underdog mundine should be
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #25
WinstonWindmill

vCash: 500

I think it will be closer than people think, however I think Geale outworks Mundine...
Geale doesnt have the power to take him out though.
My feeling is a decision for Geale
WinstonWindmill is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #26
Above Deck
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Geale to take it again, this time much easier.
Above Deck is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #27
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Mandy did have faster hands than Geale, not now though.
Agree to dissagree on that one Soxs. Mundine imo has the fastest hands in Australian boxing.

Quote:
Actually it can.
Depends on how accurate he is, workrate didnt win it for him last time round and alot of the slow motion replays show geales combos completly missing the elusive Mundine.

Quote:
Again, Mandy was once very accurate and slick. He is not today. There are very genuine and specific reasons for that.
imho its his weight loss that has caused this and he got a bit to comfortable fighting locals. he stoped testing himself but make no mistake he will rise to the occasion, this is his biggest fight since he fought Green and remember what everyone said about that fight? most had Green winning by KO. He humbled a nation and will do so again

Quote:
No, and hell no.
I've watched Geale VS Mandy more than anyone, and not at any point were either fighters hurt.
Flash knockdowns are a bit techinical, some will say no hurt was done but imo when you have been knocked onto your bum with a shot you have been hurt. He wasnt off balance he got caught flush. I watched the fight again recently because of the gloves issue and i wanted to see if Geale really did win, i think the judges got it right and Mundine won. I also think Mundine could have done a much better job than he did, by his own admissions he didnt prepare correctly for the fight and thought Geale was an easy one, he wont make that mistake this time round, he has a sht load more money than Geale and will invest in Prime sparring partners, he may even venture overseas to the states for a training camp. Geales sparring partners are VERY limited and he cant find anyone that will replicate Mundine... food for thought.

Quote:
Not sure why you keep saying that, Geales KO rate is 51%, Mandys is 54%.
Geale dont have the right hand that Mundine has. Geale knocks his opponents out with a flurry he isnt really known for one punch knockouts, Mundine in his prime was putting a few people to sleep with one punch. I agree its a bit even now in the punching department but i think Mundine takes it slightly and the percentage count shows this.

Quote:
By your definition, Mandy can't bust a grape either.
Agree to a point.

Quote:
Bottom line is, both men have enough power to get the job done. Neither is a one punch KO artist.
Geale will wear him down with accumulation
Not if they are not landing, u cant wear someone down punching the air.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #28
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mandy will bring less to the ring than Sturm did I assure you...............Geale will outwork & out fight mandy & win the decision.........and hopefully mandy will fade off into oblivion.......and take some of his deluded fans with him.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #29
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Comparing Sturm to Mundine is like comparing Green to Mundine. Geale hasnt fought anyone like Mundine before and when he did on the one occasion he lost.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #30
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Depends on how accurate he is, workrate didnt win it for him last time round
Who won last time is a completely new subject, one where opinion is divided.
Even the 6 judges who ultimately scored the fight called it a draw.

So according to some (including myself), his workrate did win it.
Quote:
and alot of the slow motion replays show geales combos completly missing the elusive Mundine.
Of course, there'll always be some that miss, and high workers always miss more than low workers. Nature of the fighting style.
Overall though, the high workrate fighter will typically land more.
Quote:
imho its his weight loss that has caused this and he got a bit to comfortable fighting locals.
That's part of it, but you're forgetting his ****ed hip, his ****ed eye, and his age.
37 is old for a fighter who relied a lot on hand speed.
Quote:
Flash knockdowns are a bit techinical, some will say no hurt was done but imo when you have been knocked onto your bum with a shot you have been hurt. He wasnt off balance he got caught flush.
It was a glancing blow that stunned him, nothing more.
As I said in another thread, if it had hurt him he wouldn't have bounced straight back up.
Mandy would also have been able to capitalise on a hurt fighter. The fact that he couldn't says it all.
Quote:
he wont make that mistake this time round, he has a sht load more money than Geale and will invest in Prime sparring partners, he may even venture overseas to the states for a training camp. Geales sparring partners are VERY limited and he cant find anyone that will replicate Mundine... food for thought.
It won't matter, the fight was very close last time, that could have went either way.

Pretty much everyone agrees that Mandy has faded a certain amount, the only thing which is not agreed on, is by how much.

Pretty much everyone also agrees that Geale has improved by a certain amount.

Do the math...
Quote:
Geale dont have the right hand that Mundine has.
Mandy doesn't have a good right hand anymore, particularly at MW.
Quote:
Geale knocks his opponents out with a flurry he isnt really known for one punch knockouts,
Correct.
Quote:
Mundine in his prime was putting a few people to sleep with one punch.
Sure, tomato cans.
Quote:
Not if they are not landing, u cant wear someone down punching the air.
That's the whole point, they will land.
Mandy is hit easily by tomato cans these days, what do you think Geale will do to him.
Sox is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum