Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #31
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391
Default Re: Geale VS Mandy - Objective thoughts please, leave the trolling at the gate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Mundine in his prime was putting a few people to sleep with one punch.
who? and mundine is not at his prime. Just ask all 280 las vegans that witnessed him against bronco
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #32
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale VS Mandy - Objective thoughts please, leave the trolling at the gate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnight View Post
who? and mundine is not at his prime. Just ask all 280 las vegans that witnessed him against bronco
Guy Waters, Timo Masua, Roger Cacciatore, Soon Bootes, The Shot he dropped Sam Soliman with in round 2 would have put most people to sleep, Soliman has a chin of granite
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #33
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

aussie opinion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #34
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Comparing Sturm to Mundine is like comparing Green to Mundine. Geale hasnt fought anyone like Mundine before and when he did on the one occasion he lost.

saying that tc, mundine hasnt fought any1 like geale since geale and even tho geale lost which i believe he did lose, it was a close fight, geale has impoved out of sight
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #35
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
saying that tc, mundine hasnt fought any1 like geale since geale and even tho geale lost which i believe he did lose, it was a close fight, geale has impoved out of sight
Its a tough one because Mundine dropped weight and in doing so he didnt look to great, i would say its only recently that he has finally adjusted to the weight loss and regained his speed and power. I thnk Solimans style is very similar to Geales in many ways, and we all know how Mundine dealt with Soliman, Geale has improved but not by much imo, watch the Sturm fight then watch the Mundine fight and tell me theres much diffrence because i honestly dont think there is.

Mundine will be a new man at Geales weight, he will have much more strength, wont look like a skun rabit and will get PRIME sparring partners, Geale will struggle to replicate Mundines style in sparring and just wont be able to afford to import the sparring partners Mundine will be.

I also think Mundine has had a bit of a rest of late and he always rises to the challenge, it brings the best out in him. Geale will have to be at his best to even get a look in with the judges, Mundines accuracy will defeat Geales work-rate and air punching
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #36
kas117
Undisputed Shit-Stirrer
ESB Senior Member

I think we can all agree that the shady tactics used by Mundine and his thugs, sorry camp, will not be repeated if Gary Shaw promotes this fight. IF the tape antics are repeated to the same extent of the first fight, Mundine will be disqualified not to mention members of his camp will be thrown out of the building IF they even so much as open their mouth to a judge. Having said that, Mundine wins a few early rounds but his age catches up with in the mid to late rounds and possibly gets stopped as he is a shell of his former self. He looked crap against Alvarez and McKart as he got tagged more than usual and had a pathetic work rate only throwing jabs and the occasional straight and hook. It's a shame that someone with so much talent flushed it all down the drain by wasting years feasting on bums.
kas117 is online now  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #37
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
Geale has improved out of sight?

I never saw the Geale vs Sturm fight but winning a split decision against him doesnt say much imo.
teke is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #38
kas117
Undisputed Shit-Stirrer
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I never saw the Geale vs Sturm fight but winning a split decision against him doesnt say much imo.
So winning against the number 2 in the middleweight division (who mundine avoided) and taking his world title on their home soil that is known for its shady decisions doesn't say much? Not to mention he's won two LEGIT world titles since the controversial loss to Mundine. Thank you for once again demonstrating that Mundine supporters DKSAB.
kas117 is online now  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #39
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas117 View Post
So winning against the number 2 in the middleweight division (who mundine avoided) and taking his world title on their home soil that is known for its shady decisions doesn't say much? Not to mention he's won two LEGIT world titles since the controversial loss to Mundine. Thank you for once again demonstrating that Mundine supporters DKSAB.
Teke knows his boxing he's joking mate.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #40
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Teke knows his boxing he's joking mate.
No his not. If Mundine put in the same peformance Geale did v Sturm, he would have lost on the cards. The Germans like Geale.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #41
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post

IMO he beat Sturm clearer than he did Sylvester. Sturm's better than SS Geale is improving.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #42
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Say what you want about Mundine but he is not stupid, he would not have taken the fight if he did not think he could win, he will have a plan. This is his last shot at the big time and I reckon he is going to win. When he is expected to lose on the big stage he wins, like he did against Green & Echols. He has been less active over the last few years which will benefit him at his age.
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #43
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
IMO he beat Sturm clearer than he did Sylvester. Sturm's better than SS Geale is improving.
I thought the same.
Geale had some problems with SS's jab, but comfortably beat Sturm IMO.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #44
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post

Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #45
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas117 View Post
I think we can all agree that the shady tactics used by Mundine and his thugs, sorry camp, will not be repeated if Gary Shaw promotes this fight. IF the tape antics are repeated to the same extent of the first fight, Mundine will be disqualified not to mention members of his camp will be thrown out of the building IF they even so much as open their mouth to a judge. Having said that, Mundine wins a few early rounds but his age catches up with in the mid to late rounds and possibly gets stopped as he is a shell of his former self. He looked crap against Alvarez and McKart as he got tagged more than usual and had a pathetic work rate only throwing jabs and the occasional straight and hook. It's a shame that someone with so much talent flushed it all down the drain by wasting years feasting on bums.
Shady tactics is all hear say. What evidence do you have of such Shady Tactics?..... NONE!

Since when does a fighter get DQL for having loose tape on thier gloves Do you even follow boxing?

Do you also think Hopkins age caught up with him? Mundine isnt an old boxer because he hasnt been beaten up like a Gatti type fighter, he is young in that term. And why throw 10000 punches if you dont need to, the fact Mundine throws LESS Punches and gets the job done says alot but i dont expect you to understand this as you expect a fighter to get DQL for having loose tape on their gloves

One thing we do agree on is YES Green is a BUM!
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum