Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-17-2012, 03:10 AM   #61
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195
Default Re: Geale VS Mandy - Objective thoughts please, leave the trolling at the gate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
From what I remember, a thug from Mandys camp approached the judge, mumbled some crap to him about the scoring, and the judge apparently told him to piss off.
And then scored the round for Geale.
daz52 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 AM   #62
bruiserh

vCash:
Default Re: Geale VS Mandy - Objective thoughts please, leave the trolling at the gate...

A big determining factor for me would be hunger and match readiness.

Hunger: Mundine has openly admitted he has had trouble finding the drive and passion to fight. Apparently it all came to a head when Garth sparked him. Is this just a final payday for Mundine? He 'beat' Geale last time so what's to prove there?

Geale has been over to Germany twice in his bid to be the best middle in the World and wants to correct the only blight on his record. Pretty clear hunger there.

As for match readiness that's pretty obvious. Mundine hasnt been in with world class contenders for some time. Geale has been fighting champs and mandatories. Mundine has been too innactive and will suffer from the level of opposition he's been facing.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:55 AM   #63
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
From what I remember, a thug from Mandys camp approached the judge, mumbled some crap to him about the scoring, and the judge apparently told him to piss off.
Is this speculation or was it reported in the media? ie independent witness. And do you know what round it occurd? You can only have a couple of people in the corner, i doubt it was someone working Mundines corner who approached the judge if it even happen. More likely it was a spectator.

Quote:
gotta disagree here mate, most of mundines career deffining drop to jnr middle has been fought at middleweight so advantage really goes to geale.
as for sparring partners i know geale has ben mccolloch and sakio bika on hand any time...but that will be a big factor finding some1 similar to mundine...
I suspect the fight wont be in January and will be delayed. I think the more time Mundine has to get back to proper weight the stronger he will be, im guessing Mundine may claim an injury and put the fight back another month or two. Sparring partner wise, if you recall Geale struggled to find Quality sparring for the Sturm fight.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 05:01 AM   #64
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Imo Geale beats Mundine on points this time. His workrate is just too much for Mundine over 12 rds. I personally thought Mundine edged the first fight but this time I favour Geale.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 05:06 AM   #65
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Imo Geale beats Mundine on points this time. His workrate is just too much for Mundine over 12 rds. I personally thought Mundine edged the first fight but this time I favour Geale.
naa ill be there to mumble something in the judges ear
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 05:07 AM   #66
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Is this speculation or was it reported in the media? ie independent witness. And do you know what round it occurd? You can only have a couple of people in the corner, i doubt it was someone working Mundines corner who approached the judge if it even happen. More likely it was a spectator.
It was in the media first, and from memory, what I said above is what Austin said here.
No idea what round.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 05:38 AM   #67
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
It was in the media first, and from memory, what I said above is what Austin said here.
No idea what round.
No offence m8 but Austin cant be trusted as far as u can throw the cunt, he told Leon there was no Dannyweight / Weight stipulations in the contract between Green and BJ Flores and that he had seen the contract with his own eyes. He couldnt lye straight in bed if the cunt tried. All he did was generate contraversy for some more Sanction Fees, it backfired in his face and Mundine turned his back on the IBO for good.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 05:55 AM   #68
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
No offence m8 but Austin cant be trusted as far as u can throw the cunt, he told Leon there was no Dannyweight / Weight stipulations in the contract between Green and BJ Flores and that he had seen the contract with his own eyes. He couldnt lye straight in bed if the cunt tried. All he did was generate contraversy for some more Sanction Fees, it backfired in his face and Mundine turned his back on the IBO for good.
It's pretty unlikely Phil was trying to generate any controversy, as he in fact played it down somewhat compared to the media reports.

As for what you think of Phil, have you heard of the saying, people in glass houses...
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #69
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

im stating a fact m8, he told Leon no weight bullsht for BJ Flores fight, then BJ Flores drops his undies to make 195LB. U do the math. U dont see me on here trying to convice you that black is white do you? sure i make mistakes but i call it how i see it. Austin dont play the same, he is a corrupt offical, can you say the same about me?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #70
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

TC just you need to learn the difference between opinion and fact, you seem to confuse the two on a regular basis. As for this fight i think it will be closer than most expect as mandy does get up for big fights but i think he may find he can't pull the trigger against somebody of geales level.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 06:15 AM   #71
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
im stating a fact m8, he told Leon no weight bullsht for BJ Flores fight, then BJ Flores drops his undies to make 195LB.
Did it ever occur to you that it perhaps it wasn't in the contract, and that it was an underhanded arrangement?
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #72
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

it was in the contract, weight incentives, u dont make a guy come in at 195LB and he does it with some hand shake agreement. BJ was going to lose a large portion of his purse if he didnt make dannyweight.

Dawsos, its fact. I was m8s with Leon back then and i was talking to him frequently about it being at Dannyweight, he called me the day of the weigh in and we spoke about what Austin had told him, BJ dropping his undies etc. Unless Leon told me lies, which i dont think he did, Austin lied to him.

U must remember Green didnt want people to know about it and Green was the IBOs cash cow, they supported him with everything he did, even with the Briggs fight after NSW refused to sanction it, which should have raised alarm bells with the IBO but they dont give 2 fcks as long as they keep Green happy and get their sanction fee. Green wouldnt even allow BJ to answer the question to the media as to why he dropped his undies to make 195LB when the limit is 200LB, Danny interjected and said to the media that BJ wanted to show them where all the weight was.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #73
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz52 View Post
What makes you say that?
Like somebody already said I agree that Mundine will ambush Geale and take him out, he will surprise Geale, some are saying Choc has no power left but I think he hits harder than Sturm and Sylvester, Mckart is well passed it but Mundine displayed some power in that fight. I have been a fan of Mundine from the start but I did grow frustrated by his choice of opponents over the years but I truly believe he is a special athlete and he will rise above to cement his legacy.
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #74
frankd01
Journeyman

I see Geale winning this on points in a close decision. Mundine will trouble Geale early with his hand speed and movement, but Geale's workrate will tire Mundine in the later rounds.

Mundine has a slight chance of winning if he hurts Geale early and takes him out. I believe Mundine can hurt Geale, but Geale does not really have the power to take out Mundine early.

All in all a good fight for Aussie boxing and Geales best option for a payday outside of fighting Martinez or Chavez Jnr. I think this will be a better fight than most people think (1st fight was pretty good)
frankd01 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #75
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
it was in the contract, weight incentives, u dont make a guy come in at 195LB and he does it with some hand shake agreement. BJ was going to lose a large portion of his purse if he didnt make dannyweight.
Weight incentives isn't, strictly speaking, a catchweight.

So Phil wasn't lying when asked if there was a catchweight in the contract.

Anyway, forget about it, I don't want to contaminate this thread any further.
Sox is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum