Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Dana Can't Bash Floyd/Pac anymore

Dana has failed to do what he has specifically criticized boxing for not doing, and that is making the the superfight everybody wants to see.

Dana has been very vocal against Floyd Mayweather in the past for NOT fighting Pac. (Regardless of anyones personal opinion about who's to blame, Dana feels Floyd is).

Now. We have years being passed without GSP/Silva being made. GSP being to blame for not wanting to move up. And currently we have both Jones and Silva stating that they will NOT fight one another. Reason being, numerous, but mostly because they are both champions and don't want to risk losing.

Dana?
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117
Default Re: Dana Can't Bash Floyd/Pac anymore

You cant make a guy put 15-20lbs so that he can move up a weight class that they never fought at or barley fought at.
Floyd and Pac are at the same weight class
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
paypayvay
Journeyman

vCash: 500

mayweather and pac fight in the same weight division
paypayvay is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

GSP is walking a 196....I don't see why the fight can't be made... !!
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
Dana has failed to do what he has specifically criticized boxing for not doing, and that is making the the superfight everybody wants to see.

Dana has been very vocal against Floyd Mayweather in the past for NOT fighting Pac. (Regardless of anyones personal opinion about who's to blame, Dana feels Floyd is).

Now. We have years being passed without GSP/Silva being made. GSP being to blame for not wanting to move up. And currently we have both Jones and Silva stating that they will NOT fight one another. Reason being, numerous, but mostly because they are both champions and don't want to risk losing.

Dana?
Years past without Silva v GSP?? GSP has been rehabilitating his knee for the past year

Nobody called for that fight until a few months ago, and you have the nerve to post such garbage a few weeks before a WW Title Fight?

Child please, why fall on Dana after saying the three fighters don't want to risk losing?
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Years past without Silva v GSP?? GSP has been rehabilitating his knee for the past year

Nobody called for that fight until a few months ago, and you have the nerve to post such garbage a few weeks before a WW Title Fight?

Child please, why fall on Dana after saying the three fighters don't want to risk losing?
Bullshit Nobody called for that fight until a few months ago?

To the question of weightclasses above. They jump weightclasses. Pac can easily make 140 it's been said, Floyd is definitely most comfortable at 47, but looked pretty at home at 54 as well. Neither guy really has a weight class currently. They fight where convenient.

It was said above that GSP walks around at 190. He does and it is an in-shape 190. Silva said he would drop to 180 for the fight.

Silva just fougth at Lt Heavy, for a 3rd time. Same weight class as Jones.

Either fight can be made.

The reason for these 3 fighting is the same reason Pac/Floyd not happening. nobody wants to risk losing.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
Ne5ville14
ESB Addict

And I don't see how a loss would be a stain on either man resume....

Sure nobody like loosing, but who cares ??

It's for there legacy FFS !!!

IMO it's a Win/Win situation for GSP, Silva and Jones !!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
The reason for these 3 fighting is the same reason Pac/Floyd not happening. nobody wants to risk losing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8MO7fkZc5o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8MO7fkZc5o[/ame]
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #9
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Bullshit Nobody called for that fight until a few months ago?

To the question of weightclasses above. They jump weightclasses. Pac can easily make 140 it's been said, Floyd is definitely most comfortable at 47, but looked pretty at home at 54 as well. Neither guy really has a weight class currently. They fight where convenient.

It was said above that GSP walks around at 190. He does and it is an in-shape 190. Silva said he would drop to 180 for the fight.

Silva just fougth at Lt Heavy, for a 3rd time. Same weight class as Jones.

Either fight can be made.

I wouldn't say nobody wants to risk losing, but rather fight outside of their comfort zone. Which is totally understandable, who doesn't want to fight at their best??
Old 10-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #10
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
And I don't see how a loss would be a stain on either man resume....

Sure nobody like loosing, but who cares ??

It's for there legacy FFS !!!

IMO it's a Win/Win situation for GSP, Silva and Jones !!
Quote:
"I'm 37 years old, and I feel like I need to be honest and continue what I've built, which is keep defending my belt at 185."
Quotes like the one above from Anderson Silva are what members like you continue to ignore, and it's nothing that I can fix. If you want to keep calling for Silva v Jones that is fine, but all you need to know was quoted last week....
Old 10-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

GSP could barely stand on two feet when a matchup with Anderson Silva was called for.....

JJ is fighting Sonnen in April, and this tells me that him and Silva could be on a crash course. Did the rest of you know this? Is their anything without this complaining?? Be patient, and let the events unfold.

Like I said, helluva thread to make when GSP has been on his ass for a year, and defends his belt in a few weeks. CC is going to whoop him anyway.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
GSP could barely stand on two feet when a matchup with Anderson Silva was called for.....

JJ is fighting Sonnen in April, and this tells me that him and Silva could be on a crash course. Did you rest of you know this? Is their anything without this complaining?? Be patient, and let the events unfold.

Like I said, helluva thread to make when GSP has been on his ass for a year, and defends his belt in a few weeks. CC is going to whoop anyway.
This thread wasn't meant to "complain" that these fights haven't been made. It was to point out that White has championed his company as one that would make every fight the public wants, and these two fights are the two most clamored for and neither has been or will be made any time soon.

Stop saying that the GSP/Silva fight is just now being asked for. It is absolutely NOT true. i don't know if you just started watching MMA, if you are just grossly uninformed or you are lying to defend your meaningless argument. This fight has been talked about for a long time.

And that quote from Anderson? Please. He fought Forrest and Irvin at 205, those are 2 more defenses he could've had....but chose not to. It's a bullshit quote. I know it, Anderson knows it, Jones knows it.

Why are you ignoring Jon Jones's quote stating there is no point in them fighting. They are both champions. And if they fight that means someone has to lose. Have you seen that quote? I'm not searching for it. You're so damn informed, I don't need to tell you anything new.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

The truth is there is a shift in power going on in front of our eyes in the UFC. Jones is leading the way, and others will follow. It used to be a dictatorship on what fights get made. Jones is the first person, i can remember that is taking on a more of a Boxing approach to accepting/rejecting fights.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #14
Ne5ville14
ESB Addict

Quote:
Quotes like the one above from Anderson Silva are what members like you continue to ignore, and it's nothing that I can fix. If you want to keep calling for Silva v Jones that is fine, but all you need to know was quoted last week....

I'm not calling for it, I'm just saying that personnally, I don't see a loss in that kind of fight as such a big deal, that's all.

I'm not saying he is a coward, wich he is not, I'm not saying he chickened out of the fight, I'm not saying that he absolutly need to take the fight, the only thing I'm saying is that even if he lose, it wouldn't hurt his legacy IMO !!!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #15
Dannytsg
The Snake

IMHO if GSP went up to face Silva he would be making a BIG mistake and I think he knows it also, especially seeing what Silva can do to guys at 185 and 205. I would like to see JBJ vs Silva at some point down the line but at this moment in time both JBJ and Silva have voiced that they don't want the fight.
Dannytsg is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum