Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-16-2012, 01:14 AM   #46
rockjaw

vCash: 500
Default Re: ROCK JAW (Neck & Jaw Strengthener for boxers)

Jack Dempsey chewed turpentine gum to strengthen his jaw through his carreer. And it was a complete waste of his time according to what you believe. Your post is rambling on about being knocked out. My website does not state anywhere or talk about being knocked out. It states that athletes can now strengthen their neck and jaw Period. The Rock Jaw Strengthens the jaw and neck because it puts pressure and resistance on the muscles. This can help your jaw from being broken because the muscle is what holds the jaw in place. Yes..it is nothing more than common sense. Guys please keep the posts going im getting many sales from the forum..thanks
rockjaw is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #47
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Rock Jaw you keep avoiding the questions.

WHY do you show boxers on your website and mention guys like Ortiz-

you are alluding that your product can prevent somebody like Ortiz's jaw from breaking, but you are careful not to mention it specifically. It's god awful marketing.

We all know that you like to have a nice sack real close to your man pleasers but this is just ridiculous !!!
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #48
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjaw View Post
Guys you need to think about your rude comments. In 1974 a man named Gary Dahl sat at a bar with his friends and told them he was going to invent a Pet Rock..his friends laughed at him and his idea and told him what a stupid idea that is. Mr. Dahl went through with his idea and in 6 months time he sold over 5 million Pet Rocks. He banked over 15million bucks and closed his business.
Rock Jaw is a new product and it works very well. .yes people buy it. Don't hate...congratulate.
Best of luck.
The actual idea behind the product is pretty solid. It will stregthen the jaw line and neck.

Ive seen far worse and more gimicky products on my time.
irishny is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #49
rockjaw

@ Irishny

You have common sense. These guys want scientific proof because they can't comprehend that a bag of rocks with a mouthguard puts pressure on the jaw muscle and strengthens the neck and jaw. Those who want to box and compete with a weak jaw and neck,..that's your choice.

Ya know what...maybe Doc Brown from Back to The Future should do a test on The Rock Jaw. The sales would increase.

Or...I can spar with The Rock Jaw haters and we can find out who has a better chin. I've been using it for 2 months, 165lbs age 39 in Deltona Florida. Lets do the test with some 10oz gloves and no head hear.Mail me and come find me.
rockjaw is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #50
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
@ Irishny

You have common sense. These guys want scientific proof because they can't comprehend that a bag of rocks with a mouthguard puts pressure on the jaw muscle and strengthens the neck and jaw. Those who want to box and compete with a weak jaw and neck,..that's your choice.

Ya know what...maybe Doc Brown from Back to The Future should do a test on The Rock Jaw. The sales would increase.

Or...I can spar with The Rock Jaw haters and we can find out who has a better chin. I've been using it for 2 months, 165lbs age 39 in Deltona Florida. Lets do the test with some 10oz gloves and no head hear.Mail me and come find me.

Sparring wont prove shit.

We all know your product helps the jaw...LOOK AT VICTOR ORTIZ he broke hsi jaw in a fight.

We need you to stand with an open mouth and let a pro hit you with a haymaker , so you can show us that it works !
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #51
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
@ Irishny

Insulting your potential customers, which you've done repeatedly, isn't the best way to conduct business. Just sayin'.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #52
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
@ Irishny

Just wanna make it clear that I said I respected that you invented, and are trying to promote, a product that you believe in. But seeing as how amateur your website/product looks, I offered constructive criticism to help you and your business come off as more professional so that your product would be more appealing to a wider customer base. The suggestion to get scientific research done to back up the claims of your product was not me "hating" or doubting your product. Rather, it was a suggestion for you to up your marketing and credentials to convince more potential customers to buy your product. Just like my suggestion to improve the packaging of your product, which you actually liked the idea of. However, you chose to take it as a personal attack against your product and are now resorting to insulting the very people you are trying to appeal to and challenging them to fights over the internet, all at the age of 39. Wow. Congrats to you sir. The entrepreneurial expertise, marketing and product packaging ingenuity, innovative website design, and professional maturity you bring to the world of boxing equipment sets an example for all other aspiring boxers and inventors to follow.

For everyone else: Google = free

Quote:
Jaw Muscle Stretch

This is a patient exercise for the jaw from the NHS Orkney health board in Scotland. This exercise loosens and warms up the jaw for exercise. Sit with your back straight, relax your and lower your shoulders. Relax your jaw and make an "mmm" sound making sure your teeth do not make contact.

Next, move the jaw up and down and side to side using small-relaxed motions. Now that your jaw is warm, open and close your mouth then move your jaw forward, back and then side-to-side. Repeat this exercise 10 times.

Jaw Resistance Exercise

This exercise builds muscles by using your hand for resistance. Make a fist and place it below your chin. Try opening your mouth while keeping pressure under your jaw, hold for 10 seconds and release. Next, place you thumb against your chin and try to push forward while keeping resistance with your thumb, hold for 10 seconds. Use your thumb in the same manner for side-to-side movements using resistance.

Next, open your mouth as wide as possible. Place your fingers against your lower teeth and try to close your mouth against the resistance of your fingers. Hold this position for 10 seconds.

Open your mouth as wide as possible. Then use your fingers to open your mouth even wider. Hold for 10 seconds and relax.

All sections of this exercise should be repeated 10 times.

Neck Flexion

This is a three-step exercise that works the front, back and sides of the neck.

Using a weight bench, lie on your back with your head hanging over the end of the bench. Keep your head parallel to your body. Holding your head against gravity builds muscle strength. Bring your head up slowly and tuck your chin resting it on your chest. Slowly return your head to a parallel position using a count of five. Repeat five times.

Step 2 works the back of the neck. Roll onto your stomach with your head still over the end of the bench. Keep your head parallel with your body, tuck your chin into your chest and then return to the starting position using a count of five. Repeat five times.

Step 3 works the sides of the neck. Roll onto your side with your head in line with your body. Lift your head to your shoulder and then return to the starting position. Repeat five times. Now, roll over on your other side and repeat.

These exercises can be done using a light free weight also. Cover a round plate with a towel and place it on your head while performing these exercises.
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #53
moesizlak
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

You cant make a good chin you either got it or you aint
moesizlak is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #54
rockjaw

I had a lot of hateful comments and derogative comments towards the rock jaw..a lot of you doubt that it works...so I had my offer to prove that it works. I said..we can spar with 10z gloves and lets see who takes a better punch. i did not challenge anyone to a street fight. You think a ring challenege is an insult? Boxing is a sport. And I am still game for the rock Jaw haters to spar with me. Lets find out if it works..I've been using it on my jaw for 2 months.
rockjaw is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #55
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
I had a lot of hateful comments and derogative comments towards the rock jaw..a lot of you doubt that it works...so I had my offer to prove that it works. I said..we can spar with 10z gloves and lets see who takes a better punch. i did not challenge anyone to a street fight. You think a ring challenege is an insult? Boxing is a sport. And I am still game for the rock Jaw haters to spar with me. Lets find out if it works..I've been using it on my jaw for 2 months.
That still won't prove anything. The only way to test your jaw against someone who doesn't use Rock Jaw would be for you two to take punches of equal force on the same spot and analyze the damage. But even if your jaw held up better, it would be difficult to prove that using Rock Jaw caused you to take less damage because so many other factors could be at play. Another option would be to take a punch on the jaw now and analyze the data, then run the same test again after a significant amount of time using Rock Jaw and comparing the two. Again, my suggestion to run scientific tests was not "hate". As a businessman/salesman, you have to consider the consumer's point of view. As a potential customer, some of the things that I consider before deciding to buy a fitness related product are:*

a) Is it there concrete evidence that it works*
b) Can I make something similar myself?

When it comes to Rock Jaw, a) No and b) Yes. Until I can answer yes to a) and no to b), I will never consider buying Rock Jaw, even though b) is the bigger factor of the two in this particular situation.

The only boxing-related products I've bought so far include headgear, gloves, hand wraps, mouth piece, shoes, and a resistance band for shadow boxing. I think these products are more cut and dry when it comes to the "common sense" of their effectiveness, but more importantly, I can't make anything similar myself.*

If you're seeing sales increase, good for you. More power to you. But I think your business could do much better if you stay open to constructive criticism/suggestions and use negative feedback to think of ways to improve your product, rather than being defensive and insulting.*

What you posted earlier about new ideas having 50% haters and 50% lovers may be true, but the way you're handling the "haters" in your recent posts makes you look like a 100% douche bag.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #56
noobboxer_88
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Jack Dempsey wouldchew pine tar gum to strengthen his jaw and soak his face in brine to toughen his skin. Why shouldn't this work? I cant see the reason for the insults though. If you dont like it i say state your reason without the insults. What purpose does that serve other than to make you (the insulter) look like an ass?
noobboxer_88 is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #57
rockjaw

What you posted earlier about new ideas having 50% haters and 50% lovers may be true, but the way you're handling the "haters" in your recent posts makes you look like a 100% douche bag.[/quote]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there concrete evidence that your head gear works? or does it 100% stop brain damage...your comments are proof your head gear doesn't work.

Can you make a Rock Jaw yourself? I don't know, if you see a funny t shirt for sale , can you make it yourself? just pass it up while your in the mall, drive to a t shirt store, then go home and take 2 hours to make the artwork file, and then search a company that does custom t shirts,..then take the time to make it online and pay the shipping cost...all to save 10 dollars when you first saw the t shirt...so yes..you can make Rock jaw yourself..if the time is worth a whopping $6 bucks.

And as for my douchbag posts...it doesn't seem to be hurting sales. But it does hurt my back leaning down to fill up these Rock Jaw bags. Rock Jaw has an attitude.
rockjaw is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #58
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Quote:

What you posted earlier about new ideas having 50% haters and 50% lovers may be true, but the way you're handling the "haters" in your recent posts makes you look like a 100% douche bag.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there concrete evidence that your head gear works? or does it 100% stop brain damage...your comments are proof your head gear doesn't work.

Can you make a Rock Jaw yourself? I don't know, if you see a funny t shirt for sale , can you make it yourself? just pass it up while your in the mall, drive to a t shirt store, then go home and take 2 hours to make the artwork file, and then search a company that does custom t shirts,..then take the time to make it online and pay the shipping cost...all to save 10 dollars when you first saw the t shirt...so yes..you can make Rock jaw yourself..if the time is worth a whopping $6 bucks.

And as for my douchbag posts...it doesn't seem to be hurting sales. But it does hurt my back leaning down to fill up these Rock Jaw bags. Rock Jaw has an attitude.
I respek the entrepreneurial spirit, but it's as effective and worth way more man points to just thread a towel through a plate, knot it, bite down on that maphucka, and proceed to do your neck workout.

Personally idk if it helps. I take a good shot (even though I look like I could get broken in half by a stiff breeze), used to use a cage machine in the gym to exercise my neck in each direction, used to smash my head off stuff for fun and headbang a lot as a teenager (Jackass series was popular back then...), and had a fractured skull as a toddler.

So I recommend a good hard fall or a baseball bat upside the head, then progress to repeated minor head trauma, then progress to resistance. Worked for me
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #59
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

Wow. First of all, I never said headgear will stop 100% brain damage. I'm not the one making claims with nothing to back them up. You are. You come back after all this time to try and generate some interest in your product? Have you improved it all since this last posting?

As for headgear:
Even without scientific proof, it's common sense that wearing thick padding with metal bars will offer more protection from the impact of punches than not wearing any headgear at all AND I can't make headgear by myself.

As for rockjaw:
Maybe biting a mouthguard tied to a bag of rocks can strengthen my jaw strength without scientific testing, maybe not. But a) there's no proof and it's not as cut and dry as with headgear b) I can make something easily with household items that can replicate what rockjaw does. Where your t-shirt analogy falls to shit is I don't need to go through much trouble to create something to bite on that has weight. Ex) towel tied to a dumbbell or weight.

To put it simply, can I easily make my own:
-boxing gloves? No.
-boxing shoes? No.
-handwraps? No.
-mouthpiece? No.
-headgear? No.

Is it easier/more cost effective for me to buy the items above than trying to make them myself? Yes.

Even if I tried to make my own items above, will they be equally or more effective than items above? No.

Can I make something to bite down on that has weight attached to it? Yes.

Will Rock Jaw will be more effective than any item I make with weight attached to it to bite down on? Not necessarily.

Is it easier for me to make something to bite down on with a weight attached with household items than buying Rock Jaw? Yes.

Don't take negative criticism personally. Take it into consideration and decide if it's relevant to the effectiveness of your product or not. If so, improve your damn product so people can no longer criticize that aspect of it. If not, your product will speak for itself. In this case, I think it's the former rather than the latter.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:56 AM   #60
Spooner21
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

this thread went full retard
Spooner21 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing