Old 10-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #151
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Pavlik is a bad fight for ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof View Post
Shaky chin based on what? Ward has been down the exact same number of times as Marvin Hagler! ONCE!!!!!
which is the same amount when it came to roy jones jr before he got cracked by tarver.
assasin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #152
FrankinDallas

vCash: 1000

Bad, bad matchup for Pavlik. He CANNOT fight backing up....goes into a crossed arms defence that is impossbile to counter from. Ward will back him up, cut him up, and TKO him late. Pavlik will have his moments early on, but it's a lost cause.
FrankinDallas is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 02:07 AM   #153
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchfortheHook View Post
Much respect for going after the top guy in the division. Personally if I was managing his career, I would have built up one more fight to it (Stevenson/Rodriguez...thinking long-term earning potential here). So respect to taking the fight even though on the surface he has nothing to lose.

I still think Ward dominates him though.

EDIT: I think the thing that may annoy people about this fight is assuming if it goes as expected, then it really reveal too much about either guy. If Ward has a dominating UD, or a 9-3 type decision, he's still the best fighter at SMW and Pavlik....well....where do you put him? His best win since he officially moved up to SMW was Will Rosinsky. His best win ever around SMW was Jermain Taylor at 166 almost 5 years ago and who knows exactly how much stock to put into given Taylor was viciously KO'd by Pavlik only 6 months before and Taylor's overall record at SMW isn't good. So if the fight goes about as expected Ward would still be #1 and Pavlik could be anywhere around the top 10. Had Pavlik had a build up fight to this one Stevenson/Rodriguez/Bika/etc it would give people more of an idea where to place him and how much to put into a Ward win (should he win).

Solid post, and I agree with most of it. However, the general hypocrisy of 99% of the so called "hardcore fans" on ESB disgusts me on an almost daily basis.

I really wanted Pavlik to jump all over the Rodriquez fight, but Pavlik wants Ward, and Garcia and Cameron Dunkin advised Pavlik to take the Ward fight rather than screw around with a guy like Rodriguez. If you watch a few of those Eli Sechbach vids on You Tube, it quickly becomes apparent that Garcia is pretty damn high on Pavlik. Right or wrong Robert seems to be a true believer, and Dunkin has never steered Pavlik wrong. (It wasn't Dunkin or Arum that came up with the Hopkins fight. They wanted him to fight Rubio. That shit was all on Kelly.)
booradley is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #154
keith
ESB OG
ESB Addict

Pavlik quits by the 10th after losing all but maybe one round. Different class of fighters here. Even in his prime, Pavlik would be no match for Ward.

Keith
keith is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #155
crazy8s
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin View Post
which is the same amount when it came to roy jones jr before he got cracked by tarver.
So it's simply based on fans HOPING that Ward suffers a similar downfall...
crazy8s is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #156
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:
This has to be the most dumbest shit I've read in a while...So in other words, you're simply hoping and wishing that it would happen. No facts, just bias, hateful opinion.

Keep on hating hater! Gonna be fun watching you bitch in moan in the near future!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #157
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
Negotiations are reportedly going well: 95% done. I haven't heard anything about a venue, but for reasons I already explained, I suspect Vegas.

Now I think we need to get the ESB administration to devote a sub-forum to hypocrites. You know, British Boxing, Classic Boxing, SNIVELING-HYPOCRITICAL-NON-BOXING-FANS. That way you ****wits can hang out in your very own forum, and bitch and whine to each other.

Ever since KP launched his comeback under Garcia, 9 out of 10 of you ****ing morons have done nothing but critisize the level of competition. Now he shuts down the idea of fighting a nobody like Rodriguez, and goes after the #1 guy, and he catches nothing but shit for it. This is one of the gutsiest moves I've seen since the first Ali/Quarry fight (actually at the time it was more of a Quarry/Ali fight than vice versa) and Pavlik deserves big props for his willingness to step up to the plate.

Oh, and by the way, just to pour a little salt in your pathetic and festering little wounds, Kelly is extremely excited, and fully expects to knock Ward out.
This. Though I'd prefer for him to have one more tune-up before stepping up like this, I fully expect him to rise to the occasion and give everyone a great fight. I'm not ready to predict a KP victory just yet, but I do expect him to surprise a lot of people and give everyone a great fight.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #158
antonio8904
Atheist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
just watch the hopkins fight if you're unsure how this fight will go. only worse for pavlik. Of course Pavlik has a punchers chance. But more likely it will be lopsided UD.
This...^

The Pavlik who fought Taylor, now that's a different story...I'd take Pavlik...
antonio8904 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #159
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
This has to be the most dumbest shit I've read in a while...So in other words, you're simply hoping and wishing that it would happen. No facts, just bias, hateful opinion.

Keep on hating hater! Gonna be fun watching you bitch in moan in the near future!
chill out will you. bulletproof was defending wards chin saying he's only been down once, which is the same amount that hagler had been down. the point i was making was that it was a stupid comparison. hagler had a jaw made out of rock, whereas ward doesn't look to be all that strong in that department. his style is built around protecting his chin.

that's why i came back with the jones comment. he'd only been down the once too, but had a chin made out of pure glass. i'm not saying ward has a chin as bad as jones had, but it's definitely not solid.

yes, i do hate ward. and i can't wait for the day that the cheating little scumbag gets knocked out cold, but i wasn't claiming that in my post, just making a point. which stands. so keep your panties on for **** sake.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #160
skoorydookatron
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1768

Ward would win every second of every round total joke fight Pavlik has achieved exactly ZERO at 168.

In fact does he even have a meaningful win since Taylor.
skoorydookatron is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #161
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

Quote:
chill out will you. bulletproof was defending wards chin saying he's only been down once, which is the same amount that hagler had been down. the point i was making was that it was a stupid comparison. hagler had a jaw made out of rock, whereas ward doesn't look to be all that strong in that department. his style is built around protecting his chin.

that's why i came back with the jones comment. he'd only been down the once too, but had a chin made out of pure glass. i'm not saying ward has a chin as bad as jones had, but it's definitely not solid.

yes, i do hate ward. and i can't wait for the day that the cheating little scumbag gets knocked out cold, but i wasn't claiming that in my post, just making a point. which stands. so keep your panties on for **** sake.
You telling me to keep my panties but yet, you're the one who typed this long winded post!

I'm loving how you flip your insure, bias rant on me like I'm the one who's making shit up! just dont stress yourself out hater when Ward keeps winning...thats about the only thing you bitchass dudes can do is only wish and hope for his downfall...I know it burns your sorry ass up that Ward is killing your best fighters...Deal with it!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #162
lefthook89
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
so then what makes your argument in any way, shape or form valid when you have such a tremendous bias against him? whats the point of your perspective when your judgment pertaining too him is clouded by your hatred?
lefthook89 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #163
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook89 View Post
so then what makes your argument in any way, shape or form valid when you have such a tremendous bias against him? whats the point of your perspective when your judgment pertaining too him is clouded by your hatred?
He is too ****ing stupid to realize that.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #164
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
You telling me to keep my panties but yet, you're the one who typed this long winded post!

I'm loving how you flip your insure, bias rant on me like I'm the one who's making shit up! just dont stress yourself out hater when Ward keeps winning...thats about the only thing you bitchass dudes can do is only wish and hope for his downfall...I know it burns your sorry ass up that Ward is killing your best fighters...Deal with it!
it seems to me that you are very sensitive. when someone makes a valid point that's not even criticising ward, you come over all defensive.

what's wrong?
assasin is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #165
lefthook89
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
his style is built around protecting his chin.
Isnt that what BOXING is all about? sheesh where do you gimps come from?
lefthook89 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum