Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-19-2012, 02:50 AM   #16
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071
Default Re: How would Geale fare against the 4 boxers who have defeated Mundine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
whats bullsht? the ankle injury or ? I was ringside for that fight and trust me, Siaca is a big MW and Mundine did have a ankle injury , it was so bad that he ended up rolling it again during the fight and went down as a result, no punch landed that put him down. He was wary of the ankle and Siacas size, he has always had problems with bigger fighters. Siaca was cagy and more than likely at his peak during that time. Siaca also only had 3 shots at the title before he met Mundine and on all occasions he did well, loosing twice to a Split Decision and loosing once via TKO in the 12th round.
Mundine admits he fought like a ***** and was ill prepared against Siaca.
20a87 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2012, 03:26 AM   #17
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700
Default Re: How would Geale fare against the 4 boxers who have defeated Mundine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Would have beaten siaca and wood, but lost convincingly to the other 2.
Agree though Kessler is a large SMW. Ottke probably a 8-4,7-5, result as he was a technical fighter but so is Geale give him a few years and a steady increase in opponent level as he has been doing and that may change.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 03:28 AM   #18
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Mundine admits he fought like a ***** and was ill prepared against Siaca.
Anyone with an objective mind could see he wasnt himself that night, it was the first time id watched him live and i was pretty excited to be there but must admit it had me puzzled in wtf he was doing as he normally doesnt fight that way, knowing the facts explains why he didnt do so well and didnt look so good, i knew a bit about it but it wasnt until after the fight that i asked more questions and learnt about the full extent of his injury.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #19
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

I agree that at this stage of Geale's career I think Ottke and Kessler beat him and he beats Siaca and Wood
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 03:36 AM   #20
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
whats bullsht? the ankle injury or ? I was ringside for that fight and trust me, Siaca is a big MW and Mundine did have a ankle injury , it was so bad that he ended up rolling it again during the fight and went down as a result, no punch landed that put him down. He was wary of the ankle and Siacas size, he has always had problems with bigger fighters. Siaca was cagy and more than likely at his peak during that time. Siaca also only had 3 shots at the title before he met Mundine not 4, and on all occasions he did well, loosing twice to a Split Decision and loosing once via TKO in the 12th round.
For a guy with such a severe ankle injury, he sure did a shit load of running during that fight.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 03:42 AM   #21
kas117
Undisputed Shit-Stirrer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Ottke was the biggest myth out there. Personally, I think if Mundine had fought him in 2003-2007, he would have schooled the shit out of him. The amount of home decisions he got was atrocious, not to mention dodging the best fighters out there like Calzaghe, Kessler, RJJ and not fighting outside of Germany.
kas117 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 03:45 AM   #22
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Anyone with an objective mind could see he wasnt himself that night, it was the first time id watched him live and i was pretty excited to be there but must admit it had me puzzled in wtf he was doing as he normally doesnt fight that way, knowing the facts explains why he didnt do so well and didnt look so good, i knew a bit about it but it wasnt until after the fight that i asked more questions and learnt about the full extent of his injury.
Look dude don't jump down my throat but the thing that I've never got about rabid Mundine fans is what they think he fights like.

Mundine looked exciting against domestic and sub-domestic fighters early in his career. But the only fight that Mundine looked anything like what his supporters claim him to be is Soliman 2. That was a superb performance. The rest is a litany of disappointment.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 04:01 AM   #23
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Look dude don't jump down my throat but the thing that I've never got about rabid Mundine fans is what they think he fights like.

Mundine looked exciting against domestic and sub-domestic fighters early in his career. But the only fight that Mundine looked anything like what his supporters claim him to be is Soliman 2. That was a superb performance. The rest is a litany of disappointment.
So beating the shit out of green for 12 rounds wasn't impressive? Also he did ok when he was 6-1 underdog against Echols who was ranked 3 best supermiddleweight in the world?
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 04:15 AM   #24
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Geale would beat otke comfortably on points if he has Gary shaw pulling the strings behind the scenes. Kessler stops geale mid to late rounds at supermiddleweight his to big and strong. Geale beats Garth wood comfortably enough but does get roughed up a bit in this fight. Saica was a big supermiddleweight ranked at the time by ring magazine 8 in the world. He was no bum. I do think geale wins this fight on points at supermiddleweight but not by a long way. The size difference would make things a bit more interesting.
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 04:19 AM   #25
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
For a guy with such a severe ankle injury, he sure did a shit load of running during that fight.
His ankle was strapped, im not sure why he didnt engage so much, he may have felt more comfortable moving away and keeping distance, Siaca contuined to press the entire fight and close that distance, it could be that planting his feet caused more stress on it im only speculating, you could tell by the way he was moving that his ankle was injured, he was favouring it pretty much the entire fight.

He also only lost via split decision, judge: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 113-115 | judge: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 113-115 | judge: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 114-113 which isnt to bad for someone with an injury, in contrast, look at the kessler fight, he didnt get on his bike much and engaged a tone more than he did against Siaca and kessler was the bigger puncher from the two.

@Duke, i agree Soliman 2 was most likely his most impressive bout, he was pissed off with Soliman and he lifted his game as a result, he went into that bout with intent to hurt soliman and stop him, i have a feeling this is what he is planning for Geale but i honestly dont know if he can pull it off this late in his career. The more i analize this matchup the more i tend to think Geale will take the victory but i have to stick with my inital prediction, Mundine has special ability when he applies himself to the task, we may see the best yet of Mundine in this rematch, we will have to wait and see.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 04:26 AM   #26
kas117
Undisputed Shit-Stirrer
ESB Senior Member

Lol the same Echols who had nerve damage from a bullet that was still in his arm when he fought Mundine?
kas117 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 04:29 AM   #27
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas117 View Post
Lol the same Echols who had nerve damage from a bullet that was still in his arm when he fought Mundine?
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 04:32 AM   #28
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

IMO, mundine was criticized for his efforts against Echols(even though he ran) but more so siaca, which is why he fought less placid against Kessler.

There was noise about an ankle injury prior to the fight but to his credit, he didn't use t as an excuse straight after he lost.

Mundine got poor advice during the siaca fight. I think he was told he was ahead leading into the 12th.

IMO, mundine's best form was from the Kessler fight up until a couple of fights after the soliman 2 one. After that, you could see his gradual decline.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 04:32 AM   #29
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
See this is something we can work with, good to see you are learning..

The bullet didnt do any nerve damage, it was lodged under his armpit and doctors decided NOT to remove it because they were concern that in doing so would cause nerve damage. Not sure where you read or were told that he has nerve damage as a result of being shot.

Quote:
The bullet bounced off a bone and came to rest near his armpit. Doctors decided against removing it because they feared damaging nerves in his arm.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 04:39 AM   #30
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I said the same thing in my post with a not so bad pun where I stated "Echols was shot (in more ways than one) when he fought Mundine"

I overlooked the fact that the majority of Mundine supporters are really not too bright and no way would they pick up on it.

I won't make that mistake again
oztriker is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum