Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-19-2012, 04:41 AM   #31
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75
Default Re: How would Geale fare against the 4 boxers who have defeated Mundine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooboys View Post
So beating the shit out of green for 12 rounds wasn't impressive? Also he did ok when he was 6-1 underdog against Echols who was ranked 3 best supermiddleweight in the world?
It was a good victory but look at what a well past his prime Tarver did to Green. And he pot-shotted a much smaller, recently shot and past his prime Echols to a boring and safe decision.

I dunno who had him as 6-1 underdog against Echols.

If you wanna talk about the Mundine camp skilfully promoting something - building Echols up was one of their biggest triumphs.

My assessment of Mundine:

He's been the best home grown boxer in Australia for the last 10 years. (although Katsidis certainly has a claim with regard to achievement)

He's shown flashes of tremendous skill and speed at times.

His best win is Soliman 2

His best performance in a loss is against Kessler.

He has two losses on his resume that are unacceptable for an allegedly world class boxer.

I personally have not found too many of his fights entertaining.

At no time during his career has he been the best boxer in his division in the world .

I think he's a really poor speaker and says outrageous things without wit or charm. And I'm tired of them being excused as being 'for promotional purposes only'

I'm prepared to accept that in private his friends and family enjoy his company and find him a 'nice guy'.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2012, 05:04 AM   #32
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How would Geale fare against the 4 boxers who have defeated Mundine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
See this is something we can work with, good to see you are learning..

The bullet didnt do any nerve damage, it was lodged under his armpit and doctors decided NOT to remove it because they were concern that in doing so would cause nerve damage. Not sure where you read or were told that he has nerve damage as a result of being shot.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You aren't very good at this thinking shit ...are you?...I sympathise cos it must make your head hurt

OK...I'll type this slowly so there will be a slight chance of you understanding... "WTF am I saying?"

For whatever reason...Bullet in his armpit or whatever...Echols had pretty much lost it by the time he fought Mundine....

His record afterwards is testimony to that...

Echols had 2 victories against complete nobodies ...(to call them Journeymen does a disservice to Boxing)...followed by 10 successive fights without a single victory...

He then had a win...against a fighter who retired WITHOT A SINGLE VICTRY IN HIS CAREER

Echols continued on after this confidence boost for 6 successive losses

Now...Tell me again how good Echols was and how he would have beaten Geale.
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #33
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Echolls fought the rather famous Eric crumble.

How someone could score a name like echolls without ever seeing past the 2nd round is amazing in itself.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 05:14 AM   #34
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Are we talking Geale prime (now) versus these fighters or are we talking how Geale would have faired against them at the same stage of his career as Mundine was when Mundine fought them. Mundine had had only 10 pro fights when he fought Ottke, so how would Geale have gone against Ottke after his first 10 fights ?
I think this is a good point, if we are talking prime Geale against these 4 opponents then we must relook at a prime Mundine against his 4 losses.

A prime Mundine beats Siaca and Woods fairly comfortably...... I think the Mundine that fought Green and Soliman2 also takes care of Ottke.

He never beats Kessler
kel is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #35
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Echolls fought the rather famous Eric crumble.

How someone could score a name like echolls without ever seeing past the 2nd round is amazing in itself.
****ING HELL...A 31 fight career without a single victory.

How in the name of blue blazes did Mundine not manage to fight this guy...He fulfilled all the neccessary criteria
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 05:22 AM   #36
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker View Post
****ING HELL...A 31 fight career without a single victory.

How in the name of blue blazes did Mundine not manage to fight this guy...He fulfilled all the neccessary criteria
It's actually quite remarkable that crumble fought someone of the calibre of echolls. Jokes aside, we're talking about someone who should have been paired against the likes of zelenoff and Hartley, as his record is similar to theirs, only worse.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #37
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
I think this is a good point, if we are talking prime Geale against these 4 opponents then we must relook at a prime Mundine against his 4 losses.

A prime Mundine beats Siaca and Woods fairly comfortably...... I think the Mundine that fought Green and Soliman2 also takes care of Ottke.

He never beats Kessler
Ottke was past his prime when he fought Mundine also but prime for prime i see Sven Ottke outboxing BOTH Daniel Geale & Anthony Mundine , a lot of people unfairly underestimate Ottke imo ok he did have a few ropey decisions go his way in the fatherland when they were at their robbing best but that shouldn't distract from the fact that Ottke could roll with the best of them in his prime and imo was too technical a fighter for the likes of Geale & Choc , i like everything this Geale kid stands for but he is getting hyped a tad too much, who has he beaten really ? and beating Mundine will just add to the hype , Great fight for both fighters though i'm really looking forward to seeing it ( probably the next day on youtube as i can't really see this being televised world wide ) .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #38
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Ottke was past his prime when he fought Mundine also but prime for prime i see Sven Ottke outboxing BOTH Daniel Geale & Anthony Mundine , a lot of people unfairly underestimate Ottke imo ok he did have a few ropey decisions go his way in the fatherland when they were at their robbing best but that shouldn't distract from the fact that Ottke could roll with the best of them in his prime and imo was too technical a fighter for the likes of Geale & Choc , i like everything this Geale kid stands for but he is getting hyped a tad too much, who has he beaten really ? and beating Mundine will just add to the hype , Great fight for both fighters though i'm really looking forward to seeing it ( probably the next day on youtube as i can't really see this being televised world wide ) .
Sup Josey my man.

I've seen most of Ottke's big fights, and can honestly say that out of all the supposed robberies he got away with, The Reid fight is the only one that I didnt score Ottke's way.
I remember the Dane's were harping on about how Mads Larsen got robbed, but I watched that fight, and like most of Ottke's fights, scored it narrowly to Ottke.

A very underestimated fighter, who probably should have got a L on his record which would have made him more respected.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #39
Likatiga
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

If the fight is in Germany, Ottke would have won on split decision.

Kessler fight would have been very close, maybe just in favour of the Dane.

The Wood and Siaca fights would lucky to have gone 4 rounds, convincing KO's to Geale.
Likatiga is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #40
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Sup Josey my man.

I've seen most of Ottke's big fights, and can honestly say that out of all the supposed robberies he got away with, The Reid fight is the only one that I didnt score Ottke's way.
I remember the Dane's were harping on about how Mads Larsen got robbed, but I watched that fight, and like most of Ottke's fights, scored it narrowly to Ottke.

A very underestimated fighter, who probably should have got a L on his record which would have made him more respected.
Yes Pecks man how is loves young dream going ? Yea people don't realise Ottke was a very good amature and a decent pro fighter and just roll along with the myth that Ottke got gifted every fight he fought in , and i agree 100% the Reid fight was probably one of the worst robberies i have ever seen but saying that there is a well respected poster on this board who swears he done enough to edge it ( no names no etc ) lol
Old 10-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #41
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likatiga View Post
If the fight is in Germany, Ottke would have won on split decision.

Kessler fight would have been very close, maybe just in favour of the Dane.

The Wood and Siaca fights would lucky to have gone 4 rounds, convincing KO's to Geale.
Kessler destroys this current version of Geale , Mikkel is a massive 168lb'er too strong for Geale , however IF Geale were afforded to fill into the S/Weight division over a year or so then it would be a lot closer fight , 168 would be struggle for Geale though @ 5' 10" .
Old 10-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #42
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Would lose to Ottke and the great Dane but could win the rest.
pourya is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #43
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker View Post
You aren't very good at this thinking shit ...are you?...I sympathise cos it must make your head hurt

OK...I'll type this slowly so there will be a slight chance of you understanding... "WTF am I saying?"

For whatever reason...Bullet in his armpit or whatever...Echols had pretty much lost it by the time he fought Mundine....

His record afterwards is testimony to that...

Echols had 2 victories against complete nobodies ...(to call them Journeymen does a disservice to Boxing)...followed by 10 successive fights without a single victory...

He then had a win...against a fighter who retired WITHOT A SINGLE VICTRY IN HIS CAREER

Echols continued on after this confidence boost for 6 successive losses

Now...Tell me again how good Echols was and how he would have beaten Geale.
Ive never said Echols would beat Geale nor did i touch on if he was shot as a fighter or not when he fought Mundine, i mearly corrected something that was posted by KAS in that he didnt have any nerve damage which would hamper his performance, talk about thick
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #44
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas117 View Post
Ottke was the biggest myth out there. Personally, I think if Mundine had fought him in 2003-2007, he would have schooled the shit out of him. The amount of home decisions he got was atrocious, not to mention dodging the best fighters out there like Calzaghe, Kessler, RJJ and not fighting outside of Germany.
A bloke who has wins over Tarver, Michael Moorer and Chris Byrd which are only a few is a myth? He was a decent fighter and would beat Geale at his best.

Kessler was nowhere near the picture when Ottke was fighting and it's laughable to say Ottke dodged Joe when neither of them wanted to leave their homeland. Ottke wasnt on RJJ radars either.
teke is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #45
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Kessler destroys this current version of Geale , Mikkel is a massive 168lb'er too strong for Geale , however IF Geale were afforded to fill into the S/Weight division over a year or so then it would be a lot closer fight , 168 would be struggle for Geale though @ 5' 10" .
Kessler knocks Geale back into dreamtime as does Danny Green.

Hell even Sean Sullivan outlasts the little tubby cunt
teke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum