Old 10-21-2012, 02:06 AM   #16
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: WWOS sunday 10am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
Man daniel is just all class, such an unflappable guy, anthony is so inarticulate and bumbles along with unintelligible rubbish, great work by the mediator giving geale lost of time to speak rather than let mandy take over

Ken Sutcliffe shouldn;t have been the interviewer for this
whipsy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2012, 02:24 AM   #17
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post

Why not? I thought he did pretty well
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #18
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Quote:
Yes he was otherwise Mundine would of hijacked the interview. They only have a set amount of time.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 02:33 AM   #19
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
Why not? I thought he did pretty well
It was clear from the word go, he had an Anti Mundine agenda, HE claims they didn't want him talking about the Racial statements, but its the only reason they were on the show today, if Choc hadn;t of made the statements last week, He and Geale wouldn't have been on the show today.... They may have been closer to the fight but not today,
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #20
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

It was clear from the word go, he had an Anti Mundine agenda, HE claims they didn't want him talking about the Racial statements, but its the only reason they were on the show today, if Choc hadn;t of made the statements last week, He and Geale wouldn't have been on the show today.... They may have been closer to the fight but not today,
How could he not have an anti mundine agenda honestly, if he was seen to be placid toward mundine the public would have thrown him to the dogs, they wanted to see mundine put in his place somewhat, and he bought that upon himself, i thought he did well by giving them both equal shares of talktime.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #21
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

That was a poor face off.

Fair play to Choc for apologising to Geale and he seemed sincere and I think the body language of the handshake from Choc speaks more volume than his words.

In any case, Ken Sutcliffe is a poor host.

Choc took about 2 mins, 3 mins tops to say his peace.

Why rush him or keep the segment contained to 7-8 mins when there is absolutely no live programming the entire day. This should have been a 12-15 minute segment.

The footy show runs 30 mins over time almost every week. This was a much anticipated event, the two guys meeting after the press conference, why not let it play out a bit longer.

Sutcliffe clearly isn't capable asking relevant questions about the specifics of the fight, so I guess that's where the limitations lay with the format.

Sutcliffe has been on my nerves since his appalling hosting of the Olympics so this just took my frustration to another level.
dominator is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #22
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
**** mate your inner hugger is really showing as the fight draws nearer. Ken was being fair to Geale and allowing them both equal air time. Choc wanted to take up the whole 8 minute segment with his usual self hyped over dramatic bullshit.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 02:41 AM   #23
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:
I agree completely.

The reason they were on the show was because of the press conference and the controversies from it.
dominator is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 02:47 AM   #24
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
For anyone who is interested

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
My god, Mundine's a babbling idiot.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 02:51 AM   #25
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Sutcliffe stopped Mundine from hijacking the segment, otherwise Geale wouldn't have gotten a chance to speak.

Instead of just letting it go at the apology, Mundine wanted some mileage out of his racist remarks by trying to make out it's all about how much of a saint he is for 'his people'.

He ended up coming across like even more of an idiot, throwing the black power salute and going on about 'if we're separated we're like an open fist like a fan' - Geale just left him swinging in the breeze on that

What an idiot.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 02:56 AM   #26
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
**** mate your inner hugger is really showing as the fight draws nearer. Ken was being fair to Geale and allowing them both equal air time. Choc wanted to take up the whole 8 minute segment with his usual self hyped over dramatic bullshit.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 03:03 AM   #27
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Pretty much agree with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
That was a poor face off.

Fair play to Choc for apologising to Geale and he seemed sincere and I think the body language of the handshake from Choc speaks more volume than his words.

In any case, Ken Sutcliffe is a poor host.

Choc took about 2 mins, 3 mins tops to say his peace.

Why rush him or keep the segment contained to 7-8 mins when there is absolutely no live programming the entire day. This should have been a 12-15 minute segment.

The footy show runs 30 mins over time almost every week. This was a much anticipated event, the two guys meeting after the press conference, why not let it play out a bit longer.

Sutcliffe clearly isn't capable asking relevant questions about the specifics of the fight, so I guess that's where the limitations lay with the format.

Sutcliffe has been on my nerves since his appalling hosting of the Olympics so this just took my frustration to another level.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 03:30 AM   #28
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
I wouldn't regard myself as a hugger, Do I hope he wins the fight... **** yeah, I won't deny that.

I just don't let other peoples thoughts and comments consume my days and nights, If Mundine wants to say ridiculous things, that's on him, I aint gonna lose any sleep over it.
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 03:31 AM   #29
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Sutcliffe stopped Mundine from hijacking the segment, otherwise Geale wouldn't have gotten a chance to speak.

Instead of just letting it go at the apology, Mundine wanted some mileage out of his racist remarks by trying to make out it's all about how much of a saint he is for 'his people'.

He ended up coming across like even more of an idiot, throwing the black power salute and going on about 'if we're separated we're like an open fist like a fan' - Geale just left him swinging in the breeze on that

What an idiot.
You could tell that Mundine was so eager to get his little open/closed fist analogy out, yet Sutcliffe and co werent having any part of it, nor were they awed at all.

Poor Choc.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 03:40 AM   #30
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Love or hate Choc it has nothing to do with it, Sutcliffe ****ed the segment, it could have been quite good but he rooted it without a rubber
whipsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum