Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default What Prime ATG fighter at 140-147 does Ricky Hatton do best aganist?

I have seen Ricky Hatton vs...threads in the past..the usual response is that anyone who is a all time great and prime destroys him. So my question is..what all ATG fighter does he do best aganst...who can he at least hang with for awhile and get some work done with.
Johnstown is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What Prime ATG fighter at 140-147 does Ricky Hatton do best aganist?

A Smaller none puncher, someone like Ross or Loche may have trouble keeping him off and could get rag dolled because Hatton is a fair bit stronger. Ross encounters a similar style to Armstrong, not as skilled but bigger and stronger. Loche's defence wouldn't be quite as effect at close quarters and the pace of the fight may give him issues

Or a slower puncher who's also slow to set his feet and doesn't like a high pace, like Tyszu, or maybe Cervantes

Hatton is the type of fighter who needs size/strength advantages at this level though, so can 147 except for the smaller champs
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: What Prime ATG fighter at 140-147 does Ricky Hatton do best aganist?

He might get to Bumphus late. Could win a close decision against Bradley based on harder blows landed.

Would beat no great Welters, unless you think he would beat Ted Lewis.
Flea Man is online now  Top
Old 10-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
Nagabilly
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Joe Walcott
Nagabilly is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I am about as big of a non-british Hatton fan as there is around. I am glad he still seems to get mentioned on here and much miss the excitement he and his fans brought to boxing.

As far as WW goes I never thought he carried that weight well and don't envision him faring very well there....At 140??? Not sure he beats any ATG's at that weight although I still think he gets sold short on here..

My best case scenerio off the top of my head and not sure he qualifies as a prime atg (or atg for that matter)...But I believe that Boom Boom mancini won the horrible split decision that he lost to Camacho (I had Mancini 116-112)....In that light I feel very comfortable picking hatton to 1 up Boom Boom and take a 117-111 decision over Camacho...off the top of my head that is the best fighter I feel comfortable picking him over.
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 04:35 AM   #6
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
I am about as big of a non-british Hatton fan as there is around. I am glad he still seems to get mentioned on here and much miss the excitement he and his fans brought to boxing.

As far as WW goes I never thought he carried that weight well and don't envision him faring very well there....At 140??? Not sure he beats any ATG's at that weight although I still think he gets sold short on here..

My best case scenerio off the top of my head and not sure he qualifies as a prime atg (or atg for that matter)...But I believe that Boom Boom mancini won the horrible split decision that he lost to Camacho (I had Mancini 116-112)....In that light I feel very comfortable picking hatton to 1 up Boom Boom and take a 117-111 decision over Camacho...off the top of my head that is the best fighter I feel comfortable picking him over.
i dont think i would call macho a all time great though. but that is a win...now what "for sure" all time great do you see him doing best aganist..maybe not beating, but giving the best work too?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #7
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I will give a crazy example....Chavez...who beats Hatton..for sure...and beats him up bad in the later rounds...but he could be a slow starter..and if hatton fought him smart..i think he could win a few early rounds...i think you could be at round 6 and be saying..."hey hatton might win this" and than it would start going bad...but that is one...

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum