Old 10-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #31
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Devon Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
I reckon Pacquiao out of the 4. Myself. It seems he has declined hand in hand with his political runs in the Philippines. Does he really care anymore, he didn't seem arsed after the Bradley "loss", OK we can say he is sporting and doesn't say sh*t, but If you think you've been robbed, you say so.

Same with Vitali really, both declining as they are focused elsewhere. Out of the 4 I think he could take Pacquiao by boxing clever. But the others, I don't see him having success with. Floyd makes him look amateur, Bradley is far to awkward and his worst nightmare, and Guerrero is underrated and very big, maybe to big for Kell, and he can go abit to.
I think that's a fair assessment, I'd see Kell's straight punches troubling Pacquiao i just fear he'd stand a little to long and admire work and get caught. The level's are different, even early Bradley found that although IMO he rallied brilliantly through adversity.

Guerrero's good, i did hear he looked sluggish with Aydin. But maybe rusty?. Him and Bradley need activity but seem to want to sit out more and more for big bouts and it's affecting them IMO.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #32
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel2010 View Post
I know yeah, they look the part though!

**** knows, it pisses me off!.....Its just another form of ginger!!! haha
Who'd have thought it years ago! The gingers were trying anything possible to escape gingernism. And now, the Blondes, Blacks and Brunettes are doing everything they can to go Red! Absolute madness! Nothing against Gingers, I've seen some stunners like, but why do people die their hair?

I just don't get it me, and when blokes do it, WTF are you playing at you vain wannabee arseholes!?!
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #33
miguel2010
His hands are his weapons
ESB Addict

vCash: 756

hahaha!!!...I know yeah...Ive noticed a lot of purple hair dye lately also.

****ing right carry on!

Yeah, orban hair on girls, ooooh yeah...getting right off topic here like! haha

Anyway...Boxing!
miguel2010 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #34
GrizzyBeard
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

lol at you people thinking hed take Pac. That was Marquez that took Pac.

Kell struggled with Carson ****ing Jones. Pac feasts on him.

Kell would take Khan I reckon but not much else. Bradley, Pac, Guerrero and Floyd outclass him big.
GrizzyBeard is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #35
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzyBeard View Post
lol at you people thinking hed take Pac. That was Marquez that took Pac.

Kell struggled with Carson ****ing Jones. Pac feasts on him.

Kell would take Khan I reckon but not much else. Bradley, Pac, Guerrero and Floyd outclass him big.
You see I think Khan is a very difficult fight for Brook. I know people cite the chin and what not, if Khan fights the way he should of started 3 years ago, making use of the tools and not getting caught up in scraps, he wouldn't be in this position now. If you have a dodgy chin, you make sure you don't get hit on it flush. Easier said than done though, but defence is equally if not more important than offence. Hit and NOT get hit is the rule, the very best take that to the absolute pinnacle and do it, the others always get found out now and again, some more than others.

If anyone is gonna improve Khan, it's Virgil. He seriously needs telling and improving, DONT ENTICE A WAR.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #36
GrizzyBeard
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
You see I think Khan is a very difficult fight for Brook. I know people cite the chin and what not, if Khan fights the way he should of started 3 years ago, making use of the tools and not getting caught up in scraps, he wouldn't be in this position now. If you have a dodgy chin, you make sure you don't get hit on it flush. Easier said than done though, but defence is equally if not more important than offence. Hit and NOT get hit is the rule, the very best take that to the absolute pinnacle and do it, the others always get found out now and again, some more than others.

If anyone is gonna improve Khan, it's Virgil. He seriously needs telling and improving, DONT ENTICE A WAR.
No ones improving Khan, its in his mindset. He can learn to have a decent defense but when he gets hit he will act the way he always does.

I suppose I will give Virgil a chance but we will see. I'm not expecting a brand new Khan anyway.

I think Brook would take Khan no matter what anyway, hes bigger and stronger than Khan, and hes fairly slick himself. Khans all flash imo.
GrizzyBeard is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #37
miguel2010
ESB Addict

I dont think there is any changing Khan...The only changing he does is when he gets beat changes trainer...And in inteviews says we, we, we,...Its you Amir....You!

Box on the back foot is the only way he will be any good again, and learn to use all of the ring.

Dont see him doing it, as soon as he gets tagged he will be back at the old tricks again pushing and trading and getting caught......I really think that Khan has something in his head thats when he gets hit he cant think straight, like he cant follow his feet, his brain juts tells him right Amir punch dont duck or move your head or block thats not how to win...Just punch!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #38
miguel2010
ESB Addict

@Grizzy...Kell has been at the weight his whole career also...That will play a factor.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #39
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

You're talking as if he didn't lose those fights against Kotelnik and Matthyse. Thats two bad nights. One he got outboxed and the other he got outhustled. Added to the even worse one he had against Bradley. Makes three.

The guys a decent fighter but he has a lot of flaws. His jab is near useless at times. Can lack variety and lose ideas offensively. Defence is pretty good but as we saw against Bradley and Matthyse you can outhustle him and put him off his game without having to do much legwork. Struggled against Kotelnik's jab and never had it in him to really change through the gears to beat somebody as basic as Kotelnik.

Don't get me wrong, he has upsides too. Like I said, above average defence, good chin, good athleticism.

Ultimately I don't think tomorrow will show us much of anything. Bailey pulled a punch out of his ass against Jones in an unimpressive fight. We know he has that, unfortunately he doesn't have anything else.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #40
Little Tyson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzyBeard View Post
Kell?

Alexander is so much better than Carson Jones.

Matthysee and Bradley are Elite. Matthysee beats Bradley aswell imo.
I dont think Kell would definitely beat him but he has the tools too. Saying that even if Alexander does beat him, Brook is still really up and coming onto the world stage. Thought Alexander had real promise pre Bradley.
Little Tyson is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #41
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Called the Brook fight spot on, called the Alexander fight spot on. Am I qualified to predict the Brook vs. Alexander fight?

Alexander did what he had to do against a one dimensional fighter. Let's not beat around the bush, Bailey was awful (as I expected) he was average against Mike Jones, but we all know he has danger in that right hand. Alexander made sure all night it didn't connect, and on the only couple of occasions it did, he seemed to take it very well.

I was impressed by Devon last night, especially his speed of movement in both offence and defence. I don't think last nights fight did Devon justice, he had to fight in a way to not get caught like Mike Jones. That is always the risk with Bailey and Alexander schooled him by running circles around him and throwing him of.

Any fighter would fight with caution with somebody so reliant on a devastating right hand. So I don't think you can use last nights fight to say "Ohhh Brook will beat Alexander" of the back of it.....Brook would be more of a natural fighter to Alexander.

If he defends the belt against the mandatory Brook next, I still stand by my original prediction.

Alexander on points, either UD or MD if in America. If they somehow get the fight here, Alexander SD.

To fast, to smart, to awkward. I think Kell struggles to catch Devon with anything meaningful, Devon boxes similar to how he beat Bailey. In and out, keep moving, throwing the opponent of. I don't think he throws anything crazy powerful, but he doesn't need to. Kell struggles in the fight IMO.
craney91 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum