Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Whose got the biggest stable?!

Which 'major' British promoter has the biggest stable?

I know there are some 'small hall' promoters with pretty sizeable ones, but for the purpose of this question I mean the 'big five':

Coldwell
Matchroom
FW
Hatton
Hennessey

Just who has the most fighters?

Who has the most 'champions'?

And who do we think has the most impressive overall stable?!

The reason I ask is because when watching the Matchroom show last night (which I thoroughly enjoyed) I was aware of just how 'active' Hearn keeps some of his fighters.

How much of this is down to him being a very proactive promoter and how much of it is down to it being because he has a relatively 'small' stable?

Michael300 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Mike Hunt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Whose got the biggest stable?!

FW will always bounce back as the biggest and best sadly. He as been at it to long now and as seen it done it all many times.
Mike Hunt is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Frank has the biggest stable by a distance, although half of them have been left of the shelve and don't fight actively, thats why a lot of his fighters are looking to move one.

It can't be easy though, with a stable that size it's costly, especially with the new BN venture, Frank's a survivor though so he'll be ok.

Can't help but think Matchroom are going to take over, Eddie is signing all the GB squad prospects where as it use to be Frank getting all the young talent.

Give it two years and Matchroom will have the biggest stable IMO.

A few other promoters are doing well of late, especially Goodwin and Coldwell who are putting on good small hall shows, they are both perfect for Boxnation IMO, Frank should give them a 5 show contract each and see how they do, It will fill the BN schedule and will give a much needed boost to the BN domestic shows, which have been very poor TBH.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Frank has the biggest stable by a distance, although half of them have been left of the shelve and don't fight actively, thats why a lot of his fighters are looking to move one.

It can't be easy though, with a stable that size it's costly, especially with the new BN venture, Frank's a survivor though so he'll be ok.

Can't help but think Matchroom are going to take over, Eddie is signing all the GB squad prospects where as it use to be Frank getting all the young talent.

Give it two years and Matchroom will have the biggest stable IMO.

A few other promoters are doing well of late, especially Goodwin and Coldwell who are putting on good small hall shows, they are both perfect for Boxnation IMO, Frank should give them a 5 show contract each and see how they do, It will fill the BN schedule and will give a much needed boost to the BN domestic shows, which have been very poor TBH.
Couldn't agree more!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
earthwormjim
Boxing fanatic

Eddie is taking over and fair play to him
earthwormjim is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
Mike Hunt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
He will never overtake waren and if he did it wouldn't be sustainable. Franks to wise been in the game too long.
Mike Hunt is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
Evening Mr Hearn!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #8
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Frank has Bradley Skeete in his stable, he should be stabbed to death just for that.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
Sweetscience54

VIP must have a better stable than coldwell?
Sweetscience54 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

TBH i forget who boxes from Frank at times, It's like he releases them from a dungeon. Kinda reminds me of Tubbs ''are you local!!...''. Frank signs them and then they go missing...
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #11
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
Couldn't agree more!
It's really frustrating Michael, these guys deserve a break, they may not have the money Frank, Eddie, Mick or Maloney have but many of they're shows are better then a number of big name promoters and match they're fighters well.

I can't see how airing small hall shows on Boxnation won't benefit the channel, the subscribers deserve it.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #12
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
It's really frustrating Michael, these guys deserve a break, they may not have the money Frank, Eddie, Mick or Maloney have but many of they're shows are better then a number of big name promoters and match they're fighters well.

I can't see how airing small hall shows on Boxnation won't benefit the channel, the subscribers deserve it.

I would go so far to say that if Boxnation doesn't broadcast more small hall shows it is failing as a channel, surely as a dedicated boxing channel it is these types of shows that are the ones that will set it apart from 'normal' sports channels?!

I like Boxnation, big fan from day one and hope it works, BUT for me they are in danger of falling into the same trap as Sky.

I'm not the only one who is critical of Sky's decision to have an exclusive domestic contract with just Matchroom, but Boxnation aren't actually much better!

Who do they actually have domestically?

There is FW of course, and now Maloney (but lets be honest he'll probably only put shows on when Pricey fights), I also seem to remember that there was a card from The Troxy in London several months back and it was put on by a 'small hall' promoter (I'm sorry I can't remember the promoters name, it was a really good card and featured loads of fights, I seem to remember that there was an interview with the guy at the start of the show and he said he had over three hundred boxers in his stable!).

Thats not good enough though, Boxnation is basically FW TV; don't get me wrong, unlike many on here I have absolutely no problem with FW, he has never done me any harm and his shows have given me some of my very best boxing memories.

However, the channel has to show more domestic shows from more promoters, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #13
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post

I would go so far to say that if Boxnation doesn't broadcast more small hall shows it is failing as a channel, surely as a dedicated boxing channel it is these types of shows that are the ones that will set it apart from 'normal' sports channels?!

I like Boxnation, big fan from day one and hope it works, BUT for me they are in danger of falling into the same trap as Sky.

I'm not the only one who is critical of Sky's decision to have an exclusive domestic contract with just Matchroom, but Boxnation aren't actually much better!

Who do they actually have domestically?

There is FW of course, and now Maloney (but lets be honest he'll probably only put shows on when Pricey fights), I also seem to remember that there was a card from The Troxy in London several months back and it was put on by a 'small hall' promoter (I'm sorry I can't remember the promoters name, it was a really good card and featured loads of fights, I seem to remember that there was an interview with the guy at the start of the show and he said he had over three hundred boxers in his stable!).

Thats not good enough though, Boxnation is basically FW TV; don't get me wrong, unlike many on here I have absolutely no problem with FW, he has never done me any harm and his shows have given me some of my very best boxing memories.

However, the channel has to show more domestic shows from more promoters, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
Spot on mate
Old 10-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
TBH i forget who boxes from Frank at times, It's like he releases them from a dungeon. Kinda reminds me of Tubbs ''are you local!!...''. Frank signs them and then they go missing...
this is what i dont understand, he signs these fighters that usually have a big of a local following, then occasionally sticks them on a undercard once a year on the otherside of the country, he should "co-promote" them with a local promoter to keep them active when he doesn't have anything on the horizon for them. He did this a couple of times with Jamie Cox, letting him headline Keith Mayo bills, tickets would sell reasonably well and Cox stayed active, why doesn't he do that with the Walsh brothers, Cox, Frank Buglioni etc when they have decent fanbases already? no harm in letting them knock over a few cans a couple of times a year building a name in their local area on small hall shows
JamieC is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Aint Mickey Helliett got the biggest stable?
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum