Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #16
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325
Default Re: I'm tired of beeing baited into saying negative things about Choc by his huggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Going by the poor spelling and grammar from the tweets he posted, he probably cant even sign his own name correctly. Pretty weak to charge someone for a misspelt autograph.
Or the letter "X"
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2012, 02:59 AM   #17
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925
Default Re: I'm tired of beeing baited into saying negative things about Choc by his huggers

i really like mundine and he has kept the domestic seen in oz boxing afloat and as well as keeping cab drivers employed...
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 03:01 AM   #18
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Going by the poor spelling and grammar from the tweets he posted, he probably cant even sign his own name correctly. Pretty weak to charge someone for a misspelt autograph.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 03:46 AM   #19
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

He brings the drama which brings the dollars
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 05:51 AM   #20
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Too much haterade brah. He will defeat another Danny G and humble a nation again.
Well said
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 06:22 AM   #21
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Great thread. Will read again.
ALTogethernow is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #22
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Mundine is one of Australia's greatest ever sportsman to be 1 of the best in nrl then quit that sport then go on with no real expeierence into in my opinion the hardest sport to do and become Australia's best at a certain point in his career. 3 times world champion in 2 different weight classes. And be involved in 2 of the top 5 all time Aussie fight ever. This feat will not be achieved in my lifetime by another Aussie. I can't even think of worldwide that anyone else has been at the elite level in 2 totally different sports.
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #23
Nigelbro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooboys View Post
Mundine is one of Australia's greatest ever sportsman to be 1 of the best in nrl then quit that sport then go on with no real expeierence into in my opinion the hardest sport to do and become Australia's best at a certain point in his career. 3 times world champion in 2 different weight classes. And be involved in 2 of the top 5 all time Aussie fight ever. This feat will not be achieved in my lifetime by another Aussie. I can't even think of worldwide that anyone else has been at the elite level in 2 totally different sports.
You can't think of anyone because Choc hasn't bragged about them.

Dean Brogan - Port Adelaide Power (Afl premiership)
- Adelaide 36ers (NBL premiership)

There is one and he retired last year, his careers coincided with choc's.
Or;
Jenny Smith - 1996 Atlanta Olympics (gymnastics)
- 2008 Australian title holder (boxing)
Try google there are heaps.

Nobody ever says "I am this sport, this sport owes me, you'll be sorry when I'm gone."
Only Choc does that.
Nigelbro is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #24
madpuppy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Mundine is a great athlete, but in a sport where there are 4 widely recognised versions of world titles per weight category, he has managed to win a grand total of 0.
madpuppy is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #25
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Dean brogan was not even close to the top 20 players at any stage of his career in afl. Mundine certainly was in the top 10 players players in the nrl. And I never followed basketball that closely but still if he was one of the elite in basketball I'm sure I would of heard of his career. So did this Jenny smith win a world title? Or win a medal at Olympics never heard of her. Try again please ?
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #26
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

As I said he is one of australias greatest ever sportsman. And if he wins this fight he will be regarded as top 10 maybe top 5 p4p in aussie boxing history. Not bad for a bloke who started at 25?
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 03:35 AM   #27
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Dean brogan was not even close to the top 20 players at any stage of his career in afl. Mundine certainly was in the top 10 players players in the nrl. And I never followed basketball that closely but still if he was one of the elite in basketball I'm sure I would of heard of his career. So did this Jenny smith win a world title? Or win a medal at Olympics never heard of her. Try again please ?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 04:09 AM   #28
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpuppy View Post
Mundine is a great athlete, but in a sport where there are 4 widely recognised versions of world titles per weight category, he has managed to win a grand total of 0.
yup thats spot on...he got awfully close though,the wba interm supermiddle weight champion of the world....!
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 04:22 AM   #29
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

If IBO counts them Lester Ellis is an HOFer
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #30
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Lester won the fully fledged belt..
mrdoctor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum